Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

Just now, UniFox21 said:

So not specifically related to our academy, but this is now the second big 6 team to do this. Liverpool have signed Jay Spearing to do the same balance. 

Wonder what the benefits of this is? Seeing an experienced pro train, they'd get that with the senior side for example 

Dean Hammond? Played for us in the u23s and was working for us at the same time I believe.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So not specifically related to our academy, but this is now the second big 6 team to do this. Liverpool have signed Jay Spearing to do the same balance. 

Wonder what the benefits of this is? Seeing an experienced pro train, they'd get that with the senior side for example 

Not quite. Paul McShane did that at Man U last season. Guess they're doing it again with Huddlestone now.

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It’s at the expense of giving a youth player a place, and I guess the captain too. And I’m not sure what Petty et al would do unless it’s a manager/coach split. I’d like to see it tried though.

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I haven't seen the full rule changes, but when they changed the U23s back to U21s, they  said they were going to allow more overage players on each team ... possibly to allow for a more "reserve team" approach. I know the clubs do a lot of behind close doors matches for players, but it would be nice if they just let them play with u21s, who I think would benefit from it.

Also, isn't Albrighton working on his badges? It might be a good transition for him when his deal comes up.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I hope not. If he's left so quickly then the rot runs deeper than I thought.

Was just going off his twitter seemingly just referencing Man Utd and his 'consultancy' business. Was a stab in the dark though, hope he's still here :) 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Staying in here until Maddison, Fofana, Vardy, Tielemans, Schmeichel and Barnes are all sold and Alves and Braybrooke still don't get any minutes. 

Can’t you create a thread in transfer forum of left footed right wingers we can all sign on fm 22. Much more fun watching the YouTubes of them 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Staying in here until Maddison, Fofana, Vardy, Tielemans, Schmeichel and Barnes are all sold and Alves and Braybrooke still don't get any minutes. 

Oh ye of little faith. We’ll be shielding Vestergaard and Amartey with 17 year old Braybrooke while Alves and the crowd exchange nervous glances this season.

• Haha 1