Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

Do you reckon Brendan is considering giving Braybrooke some first team minutes? There's a number of possibilities as to why he's not gone on loan yet, of course. But I wonder, or more likely hope, that with Soumare gone and Mendy a ball recycler we're considering giving Braybrooke some first team minutes as a defensive midfielder rather than go on loan. He's obviously very young but he's the most ready out of all the academy players.

30 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Do you reckon Brendan is considering giving Braybrooke some first team minutes? There's a number of possibilities as to why he's not gone on loan yet, of course. But I wonder, or more likely hope, that with Soumare gone and Mendy a ball recycler we're considering giving Braybrooke some first team minutes as a defensive midfielder rather than go on loan. He's obviously very young but he's the most ready out of all the academy players.

I don't think so personally, Rodgers was quite clear on the plan for Braybrooke when he spoke about him late last season. He's still not physically ready for the PL but he absolutely needs 1st team minutes at League 1 or Championship level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think so personally, Rodgers was quite clear on the plan for Braybrooke when he spoke about him late last season. He's still not physically ready for the PL but he absolutely needs 1st team minutes at League 1 or Championship level.

I thought we would have found somewhere for him by now.

I wonder if other sides aren't sure whether to take him on loan for the same reason. 

PS. This feels like my safe place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I didn't realise Rodgers said that. Perhaps his physicality is what's delaying his loan move. If that's so, perhaps we should have given him more preseason minutes to prove he can hack it...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-schmeichel-stolarczyk-loan-transfer-7420582?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

The 21-year-old Pole, who has made three appearances for City this pre-season, has a big future ahead of him, says Rodgers, but needs game-time to help him achieve his potential. A loan has therefore been lined up which will go through once City have brought in a new third-choice goalkeeper to support Ward and Iversen. League One side Fleetwood are among those who have been linked.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Anyone been to one of the under 23 matches at Seagrave?bought tickets for the spurs game....more to see the place....what's parking like,?

Been quite a few times, get there in good time and you'll have no issues. Car park is right next to the pitch/mini stadium thing as well. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I thought we would have found somewhere for him by now.

I wonder if other sides aren't sure whether to take him on loan for the same reason. 

PS. This feels like my safe place.

Pretty sure he'll go on loan, he's England U18 captain which puts him in very high regard. There'll be several leave near deadline day as always.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure he'll go on loan, he's England U18 captain which puts him in very high regard. There'll be several leave near deadline day as always.

Hope so, I enjoy following them on loan especially when they are doing well. 

Always take my mind off bad results for the first team.

• Like 2

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2722931/i-want-to-make-my-mark--ewings-pl2-preview

'I Want To Make My Mark' – Ewing's PL2 Preview
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
Published 27 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
Consistency is the target for Development Squad midfielder Oliver Ewing on the eve of Leicester City's Premier League 2 Division 1 season.
- Oliver Ewing previews the Leicester City Development Squad's new campaign
- The young Foxes start with a home clash with Tottenham Hotspur on Monday, live on LCFC TV
- Coverage begins at 6:45pm on LCFC.com/tv, following Extra-Time on LCFC Radio
- Ewing is hoping to build on the progress he made last term with more consistency 

The young Foxes entertain Tottenham Hotspur Under-21s at LCFC Training Ground on Monday evening – an opening-weekend clash which City fans can watch live on LCFC TV from 6:45pm. Wales youth international Ewing is excited by the challenge after a productive pre-season.

"It’s been an intense pre-season schedule with loads of games," the talented midfielder said. "I know results aren’t crucial in pre- season but we’ve won the majority of those games which naturally builds momentum and confidence.

"I’m feeling sharp and really looking forward to getting the season up and running next week. Quite a few of the other lads have also been training with the first team too which can only be a positive for the Development Squad."

My main focus is to begin the season well and stay consistent.

Oliver Ewing
After impressing many during 2021/22, Ewing now wants to kick on in the new season, playing regularly for Leicester's Under-21s.

"I like to set a few targets at the start of each year to keep me motivated," he added. "The main one is to stay injury free and to play as many minutes as physically possible. Just being on the pitch regularly will present opportunities as the year goes by and I want to make my mark this year.

"It’s important to take things game-by-game because things can change so quickly in football. My main focus is to begin the season well and stay consistent."

• Like 1