Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

I think that Braybrooke is being kept back here for cover, in case we don't sign anyone. If we do sign someone, he might get his loan,I reckon he'll have some involvement with the first team this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

New year, same playing no striker in the U23's.

Popov was superb when they put him in the U23's at the end of last season, really don't get what they're up to. We've Popov, Richards, Pennant all strikers and none of them are starting for the U23's.

...Popov my tip to go far, watched him in the Next Generation games, and he is playing way below his level!!!

If we continue to use him in the U18s he could lose all his zest for the game, his body language was not as it should be and we could lose him. He needs to be pushed, he is a sink or swim player, and at the moment we are letting him drown in the U18s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Appiah is a tank

....his ability not to panic with the ball at his feet, even when closed down is a big part of his game!!!

Good to see a CB coming through with his confidence but you just wonder if he could play a progressive DM role. Can pick a pass, can beat a man, and looks to progress the play. Watched him in pre-season and thought he was excellent, I am sure now he will break through to the first team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is better than that Ric!!!

He seems to be more robust, probably gym work as he seems more solid and looks a bit taller, we need to ask more from him, he is more than likely asking the same of himself.

He is Championship level but I don't think he'll get that this summer aged 18 I'm afraid.