Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd take a risk and chuck him in. 

Give him 30 minutes at the very least. There’s loads of players over the years that were given a chance without any expectation who went on to be successes 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

Just now, Stadt said:

Give him 30 minutes at the very least. There’s loads of players over the years that we’re given a chance without any expectation who went on to be successes 

Anything to move away from the 3 at the Back

Wasn't to bad when we played with 2 strikers, but the new 5-4-1 is driving me mad

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So would I, he's a very confident character. Southampton at home would be the ideal game for him but as we're under pressure to get a result there's no way Todgers would risk it.

I’d throw him in what’s the worst that could happen? We’ve no width without Barnes as it is, so may as well give him a try and see what he can do? But like you say, Todge won’t do it unless there’s literally no one left to pick from. 

• Like 1

New job advert - I think this would basically be Paul McGuinness’ role?

https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/academy-lead-performance-analyst

Leicester City Academy are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Lead Performance Analyst to define and drive a leading-edge, world class performance analysis provision, tailored for the development of all LCFC Academy players through our Under 9s to U23s age groups, to ensure Academy players are first-team ready.

Based at Leicester City Football Club’s new world-class training ground, this role will work in collaboration with all Academy departments, with the main purpose being to develop and drive the analysis team, ensure the team are aligned with the department’s Key Performance Indicators, and influence, support, and educate key stakeholders in the role of performance analysis in player development.

Edited by moore_94

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So would I, he's a very confident character. Southampton at home would be the ideal game for him but as we're under pressure to get a result there's no way Todgers would risk it.

Rodgers giving youth a chance? lol good joke 

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester City Academy are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Lead Performance Analyst to define and drive a leading-edge, world class performance analysis provision, tailored for the development of all LCFC Academy players through our Under 9s to U23s age groups, to ensure Academy players are first-team ready.

Based at Leicester City Football Club’s new world-class training ground, this role will work in collaboration with all Academy departments, with the main purpose being to develop and drive the analysis team, ensure the team are aligned with the department’s Key Performance Indicators, and influence, support, and educate key stakeholders in the role of performance analysis in player development.

Has mcguiness left already?

43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I thought McGuinness role was less analytical and more being in charge of the entire academy player development. Perhaps they've tweaked it a bit but losing him already is a huge blow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought McGuinness role was less analytical and more being in charge of the entire academy player development. Perhaps they've tweaked it a bit but losing him already is a huge blow.

Looks like we’re in a bit of a mess from top to bottom at the moment then

Losing McGuiness already seems like an issue to me. Maybe we're not ready to embrace an elite culture and mentality at the academy level. The fact there's nothing in the media or club website about his departure makes me think it's something we want to keep quiet.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Losing McGuiness already seems like an issue to me. Maybe we're not ready to embrace an elite culture and mentality at the academy level. The fact there's nothing in the media or club website about his departure makes me think it's something we want to keep quiet.

Apparently he is heading back to the north west for personal reasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently he is heading back to the north west for personal reasons

Which is all the more baffling that there wouldn't be any kind of announcement thanking him for his work over the past 6 or so months and explaining he was moving back closer to home for personal reasons.

A lack of acknowledgement always looks suspicious to me.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Which is all the more baffling that there wouldn't be any kind of announcement thanking him for his work over the past 6 or so months and explaining he was moving back closer to home for personal reasons.

I don’t think him coming in was even announced was it?

The reporting around our dev squad is pretty poor in general so it doesn’t really surprise me

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think him coming in was even announced was it?

The reporting around our dev squad is pretty poor in general so it doesn’t really surprise me

Yeah you're probably right, very little was made of his incoming.

Seems odd that we're investing so much into it, but don't seem to be wanting to bring too much attention to the work that is going on. The cynic in me thinks there are lot of people at the club who have had their feet under the table for a while and it's easier to hope they step up and help be part of a world class academy than risk upsetting them.

Real shame that McGuiness has left though considering he's worked at one of the best academies in the world for 20 odd years. I'll reserve judgement on it until the replacement is found though. Maybe he was more old school in his approach and we want someone with fresh new ideas.

• Like 1

Burton have started selling tickets today for the Papa Johns Trophy vs our under 21s on 30th August

I have emailed the club about when we will be selling away tickets

Would hope with it being pretty local we would get a few fans down there for the game

Otherwise I may just go in the home end lol

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

...was he actually here this long, I thought he had only just turned up!!!

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This club I swear to god…

Leicester told me that any away tickets for this game would have to be bought through Burton

So I emailed Burton and they have said they have already sent the away allocation to Leicester and will have to buy tickets through Leicester

Standards are the fcukin pits these days, absolyte shambles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This club I swear to god…

Leicester told me that any away tickets for this game would have to be bought through Burton

So I emailed Burton and they have said they have already sent the away allocation to Leicester and will have to buy tickets through Leicester

Maybe forward that email correspondence onto them lol , standards have well and truly dropped, when they start hiring from Nottingham :ph34r: