Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Am I the only person who feels that brunt is physically impressive in this age group (in addition to being capable) but question if he has enough about him to perform at a higher level.?? 

im really not sure about him 

I suppose you never know until his chuck in.

He needs to start having a few first time minutes or go on loan.

I like senior club management to set the rule that we always have to have one academy prospect on the bench for every first team game.

3 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

I’m more excited about Wormleighton and Braybrooke than I am Alves atm :ph34r:

Alves needs at least another year at this level before getting a league 1 or 2 loan and get the shit kicked out of him for another year. 

Then he will be ready. 

He's a great prospect but that's all he is. 

Keep playing the kid and see where it takes him.

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Alves needs at least another year at this level before getting a league 1 or 2 loan and get the shit kicked out of him for another year. 

Then he will be ready. 

He's a great prospect but that's all he is. 

Keep playing the kid and see where it takes him.

Braybrooke looks a class above everyone at the moment. Alves is classy and skillful but braybrooke runs the match even though physically he looks like he is 12.

He will be a better player than alves I reckon.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Do we know whats happening with Hirst this season, has there been any mention of loan anywhere? 

....he looked a bit laboured taking the ball upfield, lost his pace, and did not seem confident!!!

He really is better than this, probably been working the weights too much, but the possession game does not suit him as he is waiting for the ball to get him in.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Am I the only person who feels that brunt is physically impressive in this age group (in addition to being capable) but question if he has enough about him to perform at a higher level.?? 

....only way to find out is to put him in!!!

He had a good game tonight, he has an incredible "hang time" in the air, could not believe the height he gets and his ability to stay there. Also loving the look of Appiah, they are a good combination and Appiah's physicality could get him a loan or in and around the first team squad.

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he looked a bit laboured taking the ball upfield, lost his pace, and did not seem confident!!!

He really is better than this, probably been working the weights too much, but the possession game does not suit him as he is waiting for the ball to get him in.

For his first run out  of the season I thought he did fine.

Held the ball up well and showed bursts of his pace when had the chance.

Maybe we were watching different games ?

Edited by themightyfin

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Yes there’s a reason the lad couldn’t get a game for Gloucester. But no doubt he had a very good debut 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Could well imagine there were a lot of scouts there tonight watching Hirst and Wright. Wouldn't be surprised if Maswanhise, Wanya Marca, Wormleighton and Braybrooke peaked some interest.

....very true...!!!

Maswanhise started as he normally does, busy and always pressing the opponent's backline, he does tend to drop off and becomes less effective as the game goes on. Madivadua has a lot of talent, physicality and pace to go and compete with the first team, he does have a tendency not to try and go on the outside of the defence, always looking to cut inside instead of stretching the defence. I am not sure why he is reluctant to do so, but this needs to be addressed now and not ignored.

Wormleighton is quality, always has his game face on, he had a solid game but I do like it when he supports the attack from the back. There are probably 3 players in that team that can go into a tackle and you know he will not be beaten, I said he will be a fan's favourite, and he will be.

Things were not going for Braybrooke in the game, some loose touches and culpable for the first goal, but he always looks to take us forward and is someone who becomes even more effective as the game goes on. Opponents still find a way to run past him in the middle and he can overreact to win the ball back, it is a strength and a weakness for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You're not the only person.  I said, in another thread, that I thought he did well in his only run out last season and it was a shame that an opportunity wasn't found to chuck him on, if only for part of a game, in one of those fixtures at the end of the season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Also, I do think it’s criminal we haven’t even given maswanhise a few minutes here and there! Last season he was the best player in preseason for me and such an exciting player to watch for the u23s

Looks confident in front of goal too at the minute! For me wanya Marcal is going to be very good. Like the look of him last night! Reckon he will get a few minutes this season. 

27 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Also, I do think it’s criminal we haven’t even given maswanhise a few minutes here and there! Last season he was the best player in preseason for me and such an exciting player to watch for the u23s

The two wingers looked outstanding yesterday, Maswanhise and Wanya Marcal on the other side. With our lack of winger cover they should be in the 1st team squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Looks confident in front of goal too at the minute! For me wanya Marcal is going to be very good. Like the look of him last night! Reckon he will get a few minutes this season. 

They all look good! Need to sell as much of the deadwood as we can, sign a two quality players and try and integrate some of these u21 players into the first team this season.

Wormleighton has the physicality and flexibility to add value to the squad, braybrooke has the technical ability to offer another option to our midfield, Wanya again is flexible and has an attacking mind, maswanhise has pace and goals in him in a position we have a lack of depth! We need to give them the pathway this season, it could save us a fortune and I’m never prouder to see an academy player in the line up/ squad!

• Like 3