Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

I love the idea that we made Fofana train with the U23s and bumped all the promising U23s up to first team training. Sends the message that Fofana's punishment is not having to train with U23s (doesn't send the right message to the U23s)—more that you have to earn the right to train with the first team. And those lads are doing well, so get the privilege of training with the pros.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I love the idea that we made Fofana train with the U23s and bumped all the promising U23s up to first team training. Sends the message that Fofana's punishment is not having to train with U23s (doesn't send the right message to the U23s)—more that you have to earn the right to train with the first team. And those lads are doing well, so get the privilege of training with the pros.

...that will teach him!!!

I believe this is something that the club does as a matter of keeping the U21s involved.  I seem to remember someone saying this, can't recall where though?

Wolves record signing Matheus Nunes 

It's not that he didn't try - Benfica, Braga, Lille and even Leicester City invited him for trials.

"He trained with Leicester's under-23 side for about a week but, in the end, they said that he probably wasn't what they were looking for. They preferred stronger, faster and more 'vertical' players. He was very skinny, so they promised to keep him on the radar and that was it," recalls Ruben Franco, a former coach who accompanied him.

"At least he had the chance to take pictures with Jamie Vardy, N'Golo Kante and Robert Huth. They would win the Premier League that season."

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Wolves record signing Matheus Nunes 

It's not that he didn't try - Benfica, Braga, Lille and even Leicester City invited him for trials.

"He trained with Leicester's under-23 side for about a week but, in the end, they said that he probably wasn't what they were looking for. They preferred stronger, faster and more 'vertical' players. He was very skinny, so they promised to keep him on the radar and that was it," recalls Ruben Franco, a former coach who accompanied him.

"At least he had the chance to take pictures with Jamie Vardy, N'Golo Kante and Robert Huth. They would win the Premier League that season."

If we were scouting and attracting portuguese wonderkids at Belvoir drive, you'd like to think we're doing the same now (just with a bit less 'stronger, vertical' thinking lol)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

If we were scouting and attracting portuguese wonderkids at Belvoir drive, you'd like to think we're doing the same now (just with a bit less 'stronger, vertical' thinking lol)

We tried it with Tavares, now he is just bumming around Porto’s B team

Madivadua is the next one! Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

My previous favourite was Stolarczyk but Young bares a fair resemblance to Kasper. He’ll need to improve his Fs and Cs but I have hope.

....was in the goal last season for the Development team and was quite solid between the sticks!!!

He seems the most solid keeper out of the bunch (outside of Iverson and Ward), not sure what we are doing with the rest.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s are playing away against Norwich, kick off at 12

image.png.17cce58aabeb12a69a32579880a87330.png

Subs: Addai, Joseph, Lindsay, Javid, Toure

Need a decent performance and result, they've taken a few bashings this season.

Under 21s are also playing, away against Blackburn, also kicked off at 12

image.png.2a46838d52435db6595665c1078b8b82.png

Subs: Doherty, Hughes, Fitzhugh, Pennant, Pennant

Brunt into centre back, Flynn to left back, Ewing to defensive mid, Braybrook to centre mid I would expect

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 2