Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

24 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Sorry Ric Not sure who's told you this but he has been training almost exclusively with the first team since chrismas last year.

Certainly much more than in 2021. 

I know you've links within the academy so I'll take your word for it but from the bits I have been told and from what we've seen in the public domain that surprises me.

In Feb 2021 due to the pandemic and a worsening injury list, Rodgers took a handful of U18 and U23 players to train exclusively with the 1st team to ensure there was always enough players for training etc. Maswanhise was one of them and he impressed, so much so he got included in many of the final training sessions in the lead up to games, as well as being on the bench vs Man Utd.

Rodgers talked glowingly about him, the same that pre-season where he was probably our most promising player in the early games. He said he'd likely stay with the club and be around the 1st team and play for the U23's rather than go on loan.

He then stopped appearing in first team training photos and videos, nowhere near seen as much as he had done from Feb - May 2021. This continued throughout the season and didn't get picked once in any competitive first team squad, not even when we had just a bare bones squad of players and the likes of Ewing, McAteer and others were getting places on the bench. Again, he was seldom seen in training videos or pictures in the lead up to games, where Braybrooke, Nelson, Ewing, Brunt, Wanya Marca were often seen.

So if he has been exclusively with the 1st team since December 2021, they hide him very well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Those EFL trophy games do they have an away end at ground or is it all in the main stand type thing?

Burton tonight have only got the main stand open

Leicester have the usual away tickets in that bit

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

Surely we can't think it's best for Brunt's development to just stay in the U21s this season? Surely at his age he needs to be on loan at a league club or in and around the first team squad rather than playing yet another season of youth football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Surely we can't think it's best for Brunt's development to just stay in the U21s this season? Surely at his age he needs to be on loan at a league club or in and around the first team squad rather than playing yet another season of youth football.

....you can tell when a player is ready to be challenged and he is ready to go out on loan!!!

I would not include him in league games at the moment, too much negativity hanging around.

• Like 1