Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Let me guess, the game completely passing Alves by playing as a central midfielder as opposed to being an ACM?

He was completely out of it first 25-30 mins or so

But has been getting more involved since the system change

But it was the same with Braybrooke as well really

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People moaning about the under 21 get a lesson by seasoned professionals need to give their heads a wobble.

They will learn loads from this, and have shown some fight.

Yup. Cheltenham spanked us 6-1 in this competition a few seasons ago.. Harvey Barnes was playing and it was probably a good experience for him 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was completely out of it first 25-30 mins or so

But has been getting more involved since the system change

But it was the same with Braybrooke as well really

I noticed recently he is absolutely nowhere near the opposition box when we attack, ridiculous for a player with such attacking flour. This is as much the players fault as the club, he seems to be lacking the desire to get in the box as its not system determined.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I noticed recently he is absolutely nowhere near the opposition box when we attack, ridiculous for a player with such attacking flour. This is as much the players fault as the club, he seems to be lacking the desire to get in the box as its not system determined.

Attacking the end we are sat now so will keep an eye on him for you haha

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

PAY-Holly-Rickwood-main.jpg

• Haha 1

I can see why league teams are worried about Braybrooke's size but he's clearly the most skilled player on that pitch.

Pity we're unlikely to progress because more games against the league sides would be great for him.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Really like Appiah. Confident, huge and skilled.

We've got a decent u21 team. Probably the best I've seen. I'm just worried we'll not push them the final mile.

Done a good job on Ahadme after the first 15 mins

Edited by moore_94

We've hardly been able to get out of our half these past 15 20 minutes. Grim.

Not sure the Pennants are going anywhere to be honest. Loads of these players seem to have potential coming into the u21s but need better coaching.

Appiah, Wormleighton and Braybrooke our best players I'd say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

We've hardly been able to get out of our half these past 15 20 minutes. Grim.

Not sure the Pennants are going anywhere to be honest. Loads of these players seem to have potential coming into the u21s but need better coaching.

Appiah, Wormleighton and Braybrooke our best players I'd say.

The size and build of the Pennants seems like it might hinder them. Terel was unbelievable at U18 level and then Beaglehole completely ignored him and he had to stay there until he was too old, Petty has then used him sparingly.

Kian is still got potential, just quite injury prone this last 12 months. Still gets called up for England U18's though which is no mean feat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I’ve said it multiple times before, there’s no point in having Seagrave if the coaching isn’t up to it 

Very little change in that regard in recent years, any changes to the brains behind the do-ers seems to not last either. I was impressed when we got McGuinness as I thought given time he would put together a model that would mirror the ambition of the training facilities and clubs vision. Sadly he's going or gone already.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m told he’s been played as a DM recently to improve that part of his game. I haven’t watched this game though so not sure if that might explain it. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to be over critical of a set up that has produced, Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, KDH and Hamza over the last few years.

I'm sure the coaching could improve, but I think sometimes people are over negative.

I think the coaching up to a point is fantastic. Most of those you list though skipped U21 and went out on loans or straight into the first team. 

We’ve still Got a skills gap in our “reserves” and sadly the improvement we made in the U18’s lasted 5 minutes as it looks like McGuinness changed his mind.

Work to be done 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to be over critical of a set up that has produced, Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, KDH and Hamza over the last few years.

I'm sure the coaching could improve, but I think sometimes people are over negative.

No surprise we struggle to produce attackers though when the last god knows how long we've had minimal wingers and attackers promoted through and invested time and confidence in. You only have to look at the current behaviour, we've an England U18 striker, a Wales U21 striker and another highly regarded youth striker in Amani Richards and yet we're playing Maswanhise who is a winger and a very exciting one at that up front on his own, or as a treat we play 5ft 3 Ethan Fitzhugh there. 

We are crying out for Maswanhise to be an option out wide foe us, no doubt Brendan will dismiss his achievements so far as he's doing it up front and not as a winger where we need options.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think the coaching up to a point is fantastic. Most of those you list though skipped U21 and went out on loans or straight into the first team. 

We’ve still Got a skills gap in our “reserves” and sadly the improvement we made in the U18’s lasted 5 minutes as it looks like McGuinness changed his mind.

Work to be done 

You can alway improve, but I think some people go over the top with the criticism 

• Like 1