Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’ve said it multiple times before, there’s no point in having Seagrave if the coaching isn’t up to it 

I’m not quite if maybe you expected a different result tonight or not?

The lads more than held their own for about 50-60 minutes against a pretty much full strength League 1 side and scored 2 very well worked goals

Academy sides regularly get tonked in this competition, this is nothing more than a chance for them to learn whilst playing against senior players which is something they will struggle to get just at Seagrave

Both Man City and Liverpool have lost / are losing to League Two sides tonight as well

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very little change in that regard in recent years, any changes to the brains behind the do-ers seems to not last either. I was impressed when we got McGuinness as I thought given time he would put together a model that would mirror the ambition of the training facilities and clubs vision. Sadly he's going or gone already.

Gone already, had an email about a month ago saying he left.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

@moore_94 how did the boys cope physically?  Also, did burton take their foot of the gas once 4 up and allow us to play a bit ?

my worry with a few of our youngsters is that they would be bullied at a higher level 

They really were bullied a fair bit the first 15 minutes, I don’t think they really expected Burton to be quite that fast and that physical from the off

I would say that they took it off a little bit maybe, but they were definitely still going for it, especially the last 15-20 mins it was all them and they weren’t just passing it around either

The system change to a 5 at the back really helped us though, we looked a lot more solid defensively and it just seemed to allow us a lot more options when passing out and our movement looked a lot better

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I’m not quite if maybe you expected a different result tonight or not?

The lads more than held their own for about 50-60 minutes against a pretty much full strength League 1 side and scored 2 very well worked goals

Academy sides regularly get tonked in this competition, this is nothing more than a chance for them to learn whilst playing against senior players which is something they will struggle to get just at Seagrave

Both Man City and Liverpool have lost / are losing to League Two sides tonight as well

I wasn’t talking about that game specifically, I didn’t watch it. 

Lots of feet firmly under the table. Maybe Ben Petty really was the best man for the job but I think fresh ideas coming from an external appointment are needed.

McGuinnes leaving so quickly isn’t great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to be over critical of a set up that has produced, Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, KDH and Hamza over the last few years.

I'm sure the coaching could improve, but I think sometimes people are over negative.

I probably am over-critical about lots of things but you probably said the same things when I was moaning about recruitment and the manager 12 months ago 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Obviously 

I want the absolute best for the club, we’re not getting it at the minute.

That wasn't intend to be a dig by the way, just a general observation.

You right about lots of stuff and constructive.

Just feels like some member on here see everything as a negative.

I think we are fighting to get back on track after losing the plot in the last 12-18 months. 

We may have to go though a little pain to get there.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to be over critical of a set up that has produced, Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, KDH and Hamza over the last few years.

I'm sure the coaching could improve, but I think sometimes people are over negative.

I said the same as you last year and I still agree now. Yet now we can see players who clearly have potential, and more so than previous years, yet they don't seem to be progressing in the u21s as much as I'd like to see. A part of this is the fault of the manager for not exposing them to first team; compare him to Puel who threw in Hamza and Chilwell and played them even through rough patches. But even so within the academy itself I don't see so much progress in the u21s. It'll be fairly obvious we'll add Braybrooke to that list of yours. But there's plenty of other players in the u21s who aren't at that level but who you feel could be if coached better. It's a decent academy but you feel, with the players we now have, and with the facilities, and our ambition, it could be even better for the want a better coaching from the u18 level and up.

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-squad-numbers-list-7527623

More Leicester City squad numbers revealed ahead of Man United clash
Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive as more squad numbers emerge ahead of the game against Man United on Thursday

ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
07:00, 31 AUG 2022

Squad numbers have been confirmed for 17 more Leicester City players ahead of Thursday's Premier League clash against Manchester United.

City's under-21s played their opening Papa John's Trophy came on Tuesday evening as they fell to a 4-2 defeat away at Burton Albion. With the competition being classed as a senior one, City players have to wear squad numbers in line with the club's senior squad.

That means 17 players wore their new squad numbers for the first time this season. If any of them were to make their first team debut this season, they will wear the same number.

Development squad captain Lewis Brunt wore his number 34 shirt when he was on the bench for the Carabao Cup game against Stockport County.

His teammates have now had their numbers confirmed. Below is the full list of the new squad numbers.

34. Lewis Brunt

40. Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

43. Shane Flynn

44. Sammy Braybrooke

47. Kasey McAteer

48. Tawanda Maswanhise

50. Terell Pennant

51. Chituru Odunze

52. Iestyn Hughes

53. Ethan Fitzhugh

54. Kian Pennant

56. Paul Appiah

57. Will Alves

60. Joe Wormleighton

62. Brandon Cover

67. Chris Popov

69. Tom Wilson-Brown

71. Arlo Doherty

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-squad-numbers-list-7527623

More Leicester City squad numbers revealed ahead of Man United clash
Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive as more squad numbers emerge ahead of the game against Man United on Thursday

ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
07:00, 31 AUG 2022

Squad numbers have been confirmed for 17 more Leicester City players ahead of Thursday's Premier League clash against Manchester United.

City's under-21s played their opening Papa John's Trophy came on Tuesday evening as they fell to a 4-2 defeat away at Burton Albion. With the competition being classed as a senior one, City players have to wear squad numbers in line with the club's senior squad.

That means 17 players wore their new squad numbers for the first time this season. If any of them were to make their first team debut this season, they will wear the same number.

Development squad captain Lewis Brunt wore his number 34 shirt when he was on the bench for the Carabao Cup game against Stockport County.

His teammates have now had their numbers confirmed. Below is the full list of the new squad numbers.

34. Lewis Brunt

40. Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

43. Shane Flynn

44. Sammy Braybrooke

47. Kasey McAteer

48. Tawanda Maswanhise

50. Terell Pennant

51. Chituru Odunze

52. Iestyn Hughes

53. Ethan Fitzhugh

54. Kian Pennant

56. Paul Appiah

57. Will Alves

60. Joe Wormleighton

62. Brandon Cover

67. Chris Popov

69. Tom Wilson-Brown

71. Arlo Doherty

Do the numbers indicate some kind of rank? For example the lower number the better?

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’m gonna be positive and presume we’ll come midtable this season or there abouts… we need to be blooding some of these youngsters, especially for the summer where half our team is hopefully gone

Will be even less likely in this situation, they'll hide behind it being no environment for a young vulnerable academy player, even though such players don't give a flying fcuk and aren't inhibited by past and current disappointment.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Will be even less likely in this situation, they'll hide behind it being no environment for a young vulnerable academy player, even though such players don't give a flying fcuk and aren't inhibited by past and current disappointment.

We both know what the likely reality is sadly