Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

So say what you want about Wright (I say why on earth have we sold him) but both he and Hirst if the future fee are true and we get it will have brought the club money from the academy through loans and showing they're potentially capable of playing for a Championship side.

So why have we loaned basically no-one else out? Clubs aren't going to buy our youngsters for anything decent if they never play senior football before we move them on. Nor does it seem they'll get a chance in the first team without first proving it on loan. So what's the point in them all staying in the U21s?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

My mate is a big Blackpool fan and the fee is £750k + 25% sell on clause.

Isnt that significantly LESS than the fee we paid Blackburn when we originally signed him 3/4 years ago?

If so, hoe come weve managed to actually LOSE money on a player who now has first team experience playing in the lower leagues....and that excludes the nearly £1m wages we've paid him these past 4 years?   

Slightly baffling for me...

Edited by Foxy-Lady
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Isnt that significantly LESS than the fee we paid Blackburn when we originally signed him 3/4 years ago?

If so, hoe come weve managed to actually LOSE money on a player who now has first team experience playing in the lower leagues....and that excludes the nearly £1m wages we've paid him these past 4 years?   

Think we got him from Blackburn for a few hundred grand

9 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

As we’ve seen with Fofana, we won’t know if we’ve lost money until he moves on from Blackpool. If he does reasonably well and moves on for £5 million - we net another £1.25 mil and break even inc wages. 
Anything north of £5 million they sell him for and we’re in profit.

Sometimes it’s worth gambling on youth products to bring in a bit of revenue- as with any gamble some you win some you lose. In the grand scheme of things Cheltenham would have possibly paid a small load fee and a part of his wages we’ve probably got his transfer fee back.

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Former Leicester youth player has just started where I currently work

Going to be hard to resist asking him about it lol

Do it!!! 

plenty of 21s trained with firsts yesterday I’m guessing not was to pad it out with ones from Thursday doing recovery session yesterday and not a sign they are going to be used.