Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

But he’s not a DM in the same way Maddison is no DM.

Of course but as an u21 playing there will give him a knowledge and some defensive skills. As for his eventual best position who knows but be it on the wing or inside he’ll have to do his share of defending just like Maddison has learnt and now has to do.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I think it’s more a case of playing the full defensive role as a proper DM so not to go wandering off but win and pass. Team discipline is also important.

...it is all very well attempting to go down the Ajax route, but we are not geared up for that kind of experiment!!!

Playing academy players out of position in order for them to gain a better understanding of the game and each other's role is in theory a good idea. We seem to be losing now every week and this is much more the point, as this group is very talented, and winning games is a great motivational tool. You can also develop playing in their correct position and taking on the need to be more defensive or having the ability to read the game and re-positioning yourself during a game if a certain scenario arises.

Popov has not had the chances that he needs and could well end up drifting away from the club, all his efforts seem to have been overlooked and he needs to be in the U21s or even on the first teams' bench. He needs to be challenged right now, at his age, he could easily drift into doing things off the pitch as a way to counteract what is presently happening in his career.

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is all very well attempting to go down the Ajax route, but we are not geared up for that kind of experiment!!!

Playing academy players out of position in order for them to gain a better understanding of the game and each other's role is in theory a good idea. We seem to be losing now every week and this is much more the point, as this group is very talented, and winning games is a great motivational tool. You can also develop playing in their correct position and taking on the need to be more defensive or having the ability to read the game and re-positioning yourself during a game if a certain scenario arises.

Popov has not had the chances that he needs and could well end up drifting away from the club, all his efforts seem to have been overlooked and he needs to be in the U21s or even on the first teams' bench. He needs to be challenged right now, at his age, he could easily drift into doing things off the pitch as a way to counteract what is presently happening in his career.

I doubt there’s a single route for all players it’ll depend on their characters of which we have no knowledge one would like to think that individual development strategies have been discussed with the player and other interested adults. I think as outsiders we have to trust them to know what they are doing.

Just now, Burbagefox89 said:

Alves in his natural cam position tonight enjoying the game with some great dribbles. But Braybrooke and wormleighton look a class above. Fair few of these prospects clearly deserve a run in the first team in the cups

Braybrooke will advance quickly under a new manager. Under Rodgers he would be loaned out until he is 28 and then sold to Tranmere.

5 minutes ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Alves in his natural cam position tonight enjoying the game with some great dribbles. But Braybrooke and wormleighton look a class above. Fair few of these prospects clearly deserve a run in the first team in the cups

Tonight? What match?

19 minutes ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Wolfsburg at Seagrave. Brandon Cover looks like he has something about him too reminds me of loftus cheek in his young days 

Another player being completely ignored for the U21's now that he is too old for the U18's. Only signs of him this season have been on the bench in the Papa John's when we can name a bigger squad and this PL Cup. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another player being completely ignored for the U21's now that he is too old for the U18's. Only signs of him this season have been on the bench in the Papa John's when we can name a bigger squad and this PL Cup. 

....what are we doing, just what are we really doing!!!

We were supposed to be turning this club into a systematic one style all the way throughout the entire club. The same style of play in the first team was to be replicated in the lower age groups.

It seems like we got halfway there then someone forgot the blueprint and we are all scratching around trying to remember what we agreed and everyone remembers it differently.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what are we doing, just what are we really doing!!!

We were supposed to be turning this club into a systematic one style all the way throughout the entire club. The same style of play in the first team was to be replicated in the lower age groups.

It seems like we got halfway there then someone forgot the blueprint and we are all scratching around trying to remember what we agreed and everyone remembers it differently.

It's horrible mate. Wasted so much money that we've not got the flexibility to pump the investment and intention in to the academy to provide that non stop pathway of developing players either for the 1st team or turn a profit to reinvest. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

List of our under 21s (contracts and scholars)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2786707?sf260304646=1

Abreu Loureiro, Cheyenne Guevara
Addai, Dillon Charles Kojo
Ali, Mirsad Mohamed
Alves, William Thomas
Amartey, Rahman Amarteye Addico
Appiah, Paul
Bausor, Stevie Ethan
Booth, Chadwick Zachary
Braybrooke, Samuel Charles
Briggs, Logan Hamilton
Cartwright, Henry
Chibueze, Kelechi
Cook, Freddie Robert Joseph
Cover, Brandon Ashley
Dawkins, Kartell Sabie
Doherty, Arlo Ricky Hugh
Evans, Reece Daniel
Ewing, Oliver James
Fisken, Alfie Graham
Fitzhugh, Ethan
Flynn, Shane Aidan Conor
French, Harry George
Godsmark-Ford, Harvey George
Grist, Benjamin Roy
Hughes, Iestyn
Javaid, Abdullah
Joseph, Jayden Kyle
Lewis, Jack Robert
Lindsay, Jahmari Samuel
Louis-Marie Richards, Amani Tye
Marcal Madivadua, Wanya
Maswanhise, Tawanda
McAlinney, Liam Arthur
McAteer, Kasey
Neale, Tommy Jack Anthony
Nelson, Benjamin Harvey
Nelson, Ronny Alex Scott Hall
Odunze, Chituru Ethan
Onanaye, Toby Oluwatobi
Pennant, Kian Darnell Leroy
Pennant, Terell Amari Leroy
Popov, Christopher Petrov
Spencer-Adams, Bayli
Thomas, Luke Jonathan
Thomas, Tristen
Toure, Yassine Mory Kignelman
Weeks, Tyler-Jack
Wilson-Brown, Thomas
Wormleighton, Joseph Oliver
Young, Bradley

On 13/09/2022 at 09:39, AjcW said:

Anyone know if the schedule for the PL Euro cup has changed? 

Bought tickets for Porto but they've not been printed along with the other games I'm going to (PL2 games) and they've also all gone off sale on the website.

20 hours ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Wolfsburg at Seagrave. Brandon Cover looks like he has something about him too reminds me of loftus cheek in his young days 

I'm just circling back to my original post as it got lost in another discussion. Anyone have any clue?

Also quoting yours @burbagefox89 was this ever advertised as i've been buying tickets for every Monday night seagrave game as it's my free night lol 

Also assume this was part of the Euro Cup? Showing as postponed on score channels lol 

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'm just circling back to my original post as it got lost in another discussion. Anyone have any clue?

Also quoting yours @burbagefox89 was this ever advertised as i've been buying tickets for every Monday night seagrave game as it's my free night lol 

Also assume this was part of the Euro Cup? Showing as postponed on score channels lol 

Tickets randomly appeared 2 weeks ago I believe for this, Celtic and Porto but then after a day or two disappeared from view. Certainly wasn’t a “sell out” last night with plenty of seats available. Might be worth a call to the ticket office to see what the score is 

1 hour ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Tickets randomly appeared 2 weeks ago I believe for this, Celtic and Porto but then after a day or two disappeared from view. Certainly wasn’t a “sell out” last night with plenty of seats available. Might be worth a call to the ticket office to see what the score is 

Yeah deffo cheers. Showing in my account as purchased just with a 'not printed' symbol next to it. Guessing they just kept this week quiet as they have been doing generally post the Queens death.

My other two are the Fulham and Arsenal games so that'll be good.