Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

8 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Odunze made some superb saves, his kicking was awful all night though. Standouts for me would be Alves and Wormleighton. Braybrooke I felt struggled in the first half but was brilliant second. Cartwright looked the most out of his depth imo. 

...saw the highlights only!!!

It is noticeable that Braybrooke tends to get better as the games goes on. He seems to take advantage of a tiring team and he imposes himself more on them.

Didn't get to see too much of Wormleighton but I know he will break through as he is a terrific player. It would be good to see him in a cup game, he will be a fans favourite for a long time.

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...saw the highlights only!!!

It is noticeable that Braybrooke tends to get better as the games goes on. He seems to take advantage of a tiring team and he imposes himself more on them.

Didn't get to see too much of Wormleighton but I know he will break through as he is a terrific player. It would be good to see him in a cup game, he will be a fans favourite for a long time.

Where did you watch the highlights? Do you have a link?

2 hours ago, davieG said:

All the goals but only shows two penalties

Haha, those absolute plebs giving it to a bunch of kids at the end. How embarrassing. Granted, they probably shouldn't have been doing knee slides in front of the home fans but still.

Braybrooke's play for the second goal was immense :wub:

Excellent finishing by Alves and Maswanhise too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hadn't managed to see the goals, both nice finishes. Alves starting to show some real impact and Maswanhise is a goal machine, hopefully some of these get a run out vs Newport.

I would love to see it, but given the League Cup probably being our only shot at Europe, and how it went last round, I wouldn't be suprised to see our starting 11 out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hadn't managed to see the goals, both nice finishes. Alves starting to show some real impact and Maswanhise is a goal machine, hopefully some of these get a run out vs Newport.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if they are lucky enough to even see the bench

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Haha, those absolute plebs giving it to a bunch of kids at the end. How embarrassing. Granted, they probably shouldn't have been doing knee slides in front of the home fans but still.

Braybrooke's play for the second goal was immense :wub:

Excellent finishing by Alves and Maswanhise too.

To be fair the "plebs" look younger than the lads playing lol

We've got some unbelievable talent on the conveyor belt at the minute. I'm sure we'll do everything we can to delay their progress

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Jesus christ, Braybrooke's vision and execution of passing is unbelievable. Mental that no team in league one or the champ fancy him and even more mental that our own gaffer won't give the lad a sniff.

Little Modric. 

• Like 1

From what we’ve been told there seems little chance Brendan will give them any time so I’m really happy that this cup gives Braybrooke, Alves et al some proper league experience and puts them firmly on display for potential loans.

The Braybrooke, Alves, Maswanhise partnership looks fantastic. I can’t wait until we have a manager who pays a significant interest. God bless Papa John.

Just because it's good to provide balance. Alves superb going forward there for his goal, but don't know if anyone spotted just a complete lack of interest in closing their player down in the build up to the second. I'm sure something he's being told to work on as we speak :) 

Braybrooke just looks classy doesn't he, the way he moves, his touch etc, you can tell the player he's going to be. Frightening prospect. 

Just now, cal21212121 said:

I'm sure playing him higher up the pitch rather than CM will go along way to help with that

I was watching a game a few weeks ago and Alves just seemed to have no desire to get in the box and the coaches were hammering him for not doing so. Think he needs to up his work rate across the board, got all the talent in the world but hopefully will develop the engine to be a relentless force.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was watching a game a few weeks ago and Alves just seemed to have no desire to get in the box and the coaches were hammering him for not doing so. Think he needs to up his work rate across the board, got all the talent in the world but hopefully will develop the engine to be a relentless force.

Theres an interview with him as well and he mentions his confidence quite a few times, could just be standard media chat, but perhaps he's taken a bit of a knock since joining the 23's. If coaches are telling you to be more disciplined all the time, it can take its toll. 

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Theres an interview with him as well and he mentions his confidence quite a few times, could just be standard media chat, but perhaps he's taken a bit of a knock since joining the 23's. If coaches are telling you to be more disciplined all the time, it can take its toll. 

It's quite clear he's regarded as one of our best academy players in years, he's been pretty much exclusively in the U23's since the start of last season when he was only 16 and 3 months, so he's being fast tracked and pushed and pushed which I think his skill and ability needs. He was interviewed last year and said he likes the challenge of the U23's as U18's was too easy for him or to that effect. Seems to have the physique now too.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite clear he's regarded as one of our best academy players in years, he's been pretty much exclusively in the U23's since the start of last season when he was only 16 and 3 months, so he's being fast tracked and pushed and pushed which I think his skill and ability needs. He was interviewed last year and said he likes the challenge of the U23's as U18's was too easy for him or to that effect. Seems to have the physique now too.

Other clubs promote kids aged 17/18 into their first team squads

the issue we have is that our squad is so bloated.  Good pros like mendy can’t get in it.  If rodgers starts pushing a few kids onto match day benches)  then he could upset the dynamic around the first team where he is trying to keep everyone happy (apart from vestergaard amd cags). 

They really could do with a loan period from January because they won’t develop here within the U21 environment.  alves could be considered too lightweight to get a loan by efl clubs. The others (especially sammy) need that challenge. Of course a couple sales in Jan or injuries might change that landscape 

• Like 1