Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

That loan was shite though. A waste of, what, a year of his development? The club should be blacklisted else other clubs will just do the same and excuse themselves via their old manager.

The Braybrooke thing is weird. I’m just assuming they think he’ll benefit more from the facilities at Seagrave, esp physically, and Papa John’s and international football will test him anyhow.

In that case we should be black listed too, we're one of the worst for doing it!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

That loan was shite though. A waste of, what, a year of his development? The club should be blacklisted else other clubs will just do the same and excuse themselves via their old manager.

The Braybrooke thing is weird. I’m just assuming they think he’ll benefit more from the facilities at Seagrave, esp physically, and Papa John’s and international football will test him anyhow.

FGR need all the help they can get this season! It was an unfortunate situation - before Kasey arrived they were flying high at the top of the table, but then it all fell apart and they were in danger of not making promotion - just like the previous year. 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

A loan in January might be better for Braybrooke as they can assess how teams are playing, look at positions in the league etc so can find the best fit. That said I think it will be next season before he goes out. The slightly older guys should be going though. 

Huth will be 3 months in to his role as well so hopefully be in a decent position to do the groundwork to get him at a decent club.

I'd be surprised of he stayed here the whole season, Rodgers said he needed to go on loan this season and I assumed he was kept initially in pre-season as we were all over the place with what we might be doing with our 1st team squad. Braybrooke is nowhere near the 1st team though despite being brilliant for club and country at youth level this season so he needs to get that move this Jan.

If Coalville go up I hope we get in touch with the club/Huth and see if we can sort out a partnership to help develop some of the promising 17-19 year old's and give them a chance to play in competitive men's football.

It'd be a good showcase to see what level they're at and obviously it should give Coalville a chance to bring in some quality players when the budget would be tiny compared to a lot of clubs in the league. The proximity would allow them to still train with the club 2/3 days a week and also join training and matches with Coalville.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Braybrooke in the video of firsts training. 

Probably just making up the numbers 

away from home can only see him sticking brunt in, especially as it’s the cdm area which is light 

braybrooke is our youri replacement - he needs to be in the first team squad now 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet he said Braybrooke needed to go on loan in the summer for his development and yet he's still here far too good for U23 level. This lad is often captain of England U18/19 level and there's simply no way there wasn't at least League One clubs in for him.

I spoke to Ian Burchnall who's manager at Forest Green Rovers and they enquired about a number of our academy players but are on the naughty list for how little game time they gave McAteer under a different manager. A real shame as Ian is a Leicester lad and very aware of our talent.

I get where the club would stand on this but it does seem a bit OTT to blacklist an entire club. While between loan managers, if the club barely puts any effort into staying in contact with its loan players, how much effort do we think goes into understanding why a player plays or not?

There could be loads of reasons why McAteer didn't work out there and may not be due to his talent. Perhaps it was his physicality, or maybe he didn't train that well, or possibly he didn't gel with his new teammates, or, quite probably, Forest Green went into a slump in form and thought more experienced pros could get them out of it.

Sh!t happens. They have a different manager now and clearly they're very well run and progressive. It could still so easily be the right place for some of our young players to develop.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Should be on loan this season and then ready to challenge thr 1st team here in 2023/24. He's ready for League One football at the bare minimum.

no Wilf or Papy this weekend stick him on the bench

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

From a selfish point of view I want to see them on Monday night lol 

I'm sure they could do 5/10mins tomorrow and still play on Monday.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2022 at 10:25, Ric Flair said:

Huth will be 3 months in to his role as well so hopefully be in a decent position to do the groundwork to get him at a decent club.

I'd be surprised of he stayed here the whole season, Rodgers said he needed to go on loan this season and I assumed he was kept initially in pre-season as we were all over the place with what we might be doing with our 1st team squad. Braybrooke is nowhere near the 1st team though despite being brilliant for club and country at youth level this season so he needs to get that move this Jan.

I wonder if Huth is potential manager material.  He is a leader, intelligent and respected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shane said:

surely the management can’t ignore maswanhise for much longer

gerrimin as a back up winger for barnes

I’m not detecting sarcasm yet surely this is sarcasm

2 hours ago, majaco said:

I wonder if Huth is potential manager material.  He is a leader, intelligent and respected.

We’re so desperate to get rid of Brendan that we’re attempting to promote the loans manager before the receptionist has even had chance to say hello. Good good.