Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Training Ground Guru have released their Academy Productivity Rankings for 21/22

We were ranked 18th for 20/21, and have dropped to 21st for 21/22

How many players in the Top 6 English leagues were at some point in our academy before they turned 18 basically

If the players were at multiple acadamies then points are split

This is only players who are classed as English on Fbref, so Schlupp for example is excluded

POOR

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sammy-braybrooke-leicester-bournemouth-rodgers-7698554

Brendan Rodgers won't hesitate over Leicester City debut for future 'outstanding player'
The teenage midfielder was an unused substitute during the defeat at Bournemouth and is getting closer to a maiden first-team outing for the club he's represented for a decade

ByJordan Blackwell
11:27, 13 OCT 2022

Leicester City midfielder Sammy Braybrooke is edging closer to a first-team debut with manager Brendan Rodgers convinced he will be “an outstanding player”.

The teenager was on the bench for City in their defeat to Bournemouth at the weekend, and if the game had developed differently, he would have featured. He has earned his call-up to the first team not just because of injuries to Wilfred Ndidi and Papy Mendy, but also because of his form domestically with the club’s development squad, and internationally with England Under-19s.

He is still waiting for his debut for the club, but when it does come, he will be the latest to step off the conveyor belt of young stars who grew up in the city or county – Braybrooke hailing from Wigston – and into the first team. He's been in the club's academy for a decade.

When the 18-year-old does get his first taste of senior football, he will be making a significant step towards the top, which is where Rodgers predicts he will reach. The manager said: “I’ve always liked Sammy, it’s just been unfortunate he hasn’t really had the chance to get a game as such.

“He’s continued his development. He’s going to be an outstanding player, there’s absolutely no doubt. If there was a moment to bring into the game, I would have had no hesitation doing that.”

That Braybrooke has been fast-tracked into first-team contention is a sign of the good head on his shoulders too, with Rodgers keen to stress that talent alone will not get a spot in his team. Attitude is just as important.

He said: “I’m sure at local parks in Leicester, there are players who were amazing talents when they were younger. But being a professional, it’s more than that, it’s about the attitude and resilience. You always want a working talent, that’s what’s important.

“We had a great night with our Under-21s [a penalty shoot-out win over Bradford’s senior side in the EFL Trophy last week], where 11 players were here from Under-8s. That shows the growth at the club and the talent that is here.

“But they have to keep developing and keep improving, and that will be about their attitude. They’re here at this level because of their talent, but it’s the ones with the best attitude, and the ability to get over upsets and deal with pressure… It’s more than talent.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sammy-braybrooke-leicester-bournemouth-rodgers-7698554

Brendan Rodgers won't hesitate over Leicester City debut for future 'outstanding player'
The teenage midfielder was an unused substitute during the defeat at Bournemouth and is getting closer to a maiden first-team outing for the club he's represented for a decade

ByJordan Blackwell

Leicester City midfielder Sammy Braybrooke is edging closer to a first-team debut with manager Brendan Rodgers convinced he will be “an outstanding player”.

The teenager was on the bench for City in their defeat to Bournemouth at the weekend, and if the game had developed differently, he would have featured. He has earned his call-up to the first team not just because of injuries to Wilfred Ndidi and Papy Mendy, but also because of his form domestically with the club’s development squad, and internationally with England Under-19s.

He is still waiting for his debut for the club, but when it does come, he will be the latest to step off the conveyor belt of young stars who grew up in the city or county – Braybrooke hailing from Wigston – and into the first team. He's been in the club's academy for a decade.

When the 18-year-old does get his first taste of senior football, he will be making a significant step towards the top, which is where Rodgers predicts he will reach. The manager said: “I’ve always liked Sammy, it’s just been unfortunate he hasn’t really had the chance to get a game as such.

“He’s continued his development. He’s going to be an outstanding player, there’s absolutely no doubt. If there was a moment to bring into the game, I would have had no hesitation doing that.”

That Braybrooke has been fast-tracked into first-team contention is a sign of the good head on his shoulders too, with Rodgers keen to stress that talent alone will not get a spot in his team. Attitude is just as important.

He said: “I’m sure at local parks in Leicester, there are players who were amazing talents when they were younger. But being a professional, it’s more than that, it’s about the attitude and resilience. You always want a working talent, that’s what’s important.

“We had a great night with our Under-21s [a penalty shoot-out win over Bradford’s senior side in the EFL Trophy last week], where 11 players were here from Under-8s. That shows the growth at the club and the talent that is here.

“But they have to keep developing and keep improving, and that will be about their attitude. They’re here at this level because of their talent, but it’s the ones with the best attitude, and the ability to get over upsets and deal with pressure… It’s more than talent.”

Classic Rodgers. Says what people want to hear, but puts in a clause of " If there was a moment to bring into the game.". 

Which is code for, I'd never genuinely give him a proper chance, he might get 5 minutes if we're 3 goals up against 9 men.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davieG said:

ByJordan Blackwell

Baybrooke presumably in the squad again for Saturday as he wasn't allowed to play Monday night. 

Big game for the U21's tonight in the Papa John's away at Sheffield Wednesday, not sure what sort of team Sheffield Weds will put out but I expect it will still be a massive test for them.

Let's hope defensively we can cope as we've just lost 7-0 at home to an academy team and our defence is not known to very very resilient. 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Big game for the U21's tonight in the Papa John's away at Sheffield Wednesday, not sure what sort of team Sheffield Weds will put out but I expect it will still be a massive test for them.

Let's hope defensively we can cope as we've just lost 7-0 at home to an academy team and our defence is not known to very very resilient. 

Likely a weak one, believe there is no chance they can qualify. Half looked at going as its 3 minutes from mine but the tournament itself still feels very scab and the fact the away end is closed put me off.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

be interesting to see what names if any are missing

[Turns out this was bullshit]

959279375_Screenshot2022-10-18at16_32_00.png.ec9ebe08f865d8567905f02ccc0823b9.png

There are complaints that the u21s are ruining this competition by turning a genuine cup for the lower leagues into a training exercise for the u21s.

Still...

Edit: Isn't that table wrong? If we've drawn one and lost one then I'm not sure how we're on 2 points...

Edited by Foxxed

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

None, I'd think. From what I've been told here, our best prospect was left out of the first team so he could play in this.

We've got four more fixtures to give this academy players "league" experience. If we want to go further we'll need to win this really.

959279375_Screenshot2022-10-18at16_32_00.png.ec9ebe08f865d8567905f02ccc0823b9.png

There are complaints that the u21s are ruining this competition by turning a genuine cup for the lower leagues into a training exercise for the u21s.

Still...

Edit: Isn't that table wrong? If we've drawn one and lost one then I'm not sure how we're on 2 points...

If a match is a draw after 90 minutes it goes to penalties and the winner gets 2 points, loser gets 1 points

We beat Brentford on pens

We also only play each team once, all away, so we basically need to win tonight to go through and hope Burton beat Bradford

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

None, I'd think. From what I've been told here, our best prospect was left out of the first team so he could play in this.

Still...

Haha I said that as a joke about Braybrooke buy maybe it was true

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha I said that as a joke about Braybrooke buy maybe it was true

...I've edited that post to death then.

I don't even want Braybrooke to get Championship experience this season anymore. What will be able to offer him next season if he gets it this season?

• Like 1

Next season--god willing--with a new manager who values our academy, Braybrooke and Alves can propel us back in the Premier League. If Brendan somehow stays on in the Championship I'll start praying the Football League somehow manages to liquidate us.

Barnes Daka Albrighton

KDH Braybrooke

Hamza

Thomas Amartey Nelson Wormleighton

Stolarczyk

Alves comes on in the last 20 minutes or so to destroy tired legs. Appiah is the replacement centre half.

I reckon, with a good manager, that could do well in the Championship. We'd need to convince Barnes, KDH, Thomas and Daka not to do the obvious thing however.

Edited by Foxxed

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Next season--god willing--with a new manager who values our academy, Braybrooke and Alves can propel us back in the Premier League. If Brendan somehow stays on in the Championship I'll start praying the Football League somehow manages to liquidate us.

Barnes Daka Albrighton

KDH Braybrooke

Hamza

Thomas Amartey Nelson Wormleighton

Stolarczyk

Alves comes on in the last 20 minutes or so to destroy tired legs. Appiah is the replacement centre half.

I reckon, with a good manager, that could do well in the Championship. We'd need to convince Barnes, KDH, Thomas and Daka not to do the obvious thing however.

No chance Barnes doesn’t leave if we go down. The others could stay but you could still see lower premier league sides like Southampton, Brighton, Leeds etc trying for the others which could well tempt them.

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

No Braybrooke… in the squad for Thursday then?

We seem to be missing a lot of midfielders now - Braybrooke, Ewing, Wanya Marca, McAteer. Shame Cover hasn't started but good to see Logan Briggs amongst the subs. 

I assume this is a back 3 otherwise Flynn or Lindsay are playing on the wing. 

34 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's a shame he's missing this after the last match in this competition, it'd be better for him playing against higher quality opposition instead of sat watching again on Thursday.

Aye it's not we're likely to be beating Leeds by a big enough margin to bring him on, he wasn't even a named sub against CP.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Aye it's not we're likely to be beating Leeds by a big enough margin to bring him on, he wasn't even a named sub against CP.

Was he in the pre Palace training video? I'm not so sure he was so got to ask why he's been taken out of U21 consideration. Not heard he's injured either. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Was he in the pre Palace training video? I'm not so sure he was so got to ask why he's been taken out of U21 consideration. Not heard he's injured either. 

I'd be amazed if he was in the match squad. If all it is is to give him matchday experience there's no reason why he can't be in the dressing room and sat in the stadium directly behind the squad.