Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he in the pre Palace training video? I'm not so sure he was so got to ask why he's been taken out of U21 consideration. Not heard he's injured either. 

He is the in the pre Palace training video and is in todays training pictures so not injured

• Like 1

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

That's where he was on Saturday.

Yeah I assumed that, what a waste playing against a half decent professional Weds team would be far more educational.

Is it my memory but we always seem to get this experience arse about face..

For someone like Rodgers there's never going to be a time in the season where he'll bring someone on, down the bottom - no; near the top 6 - no; midtable - no still going for places. Only chance if if we're beating someone at home 6/7/8 nil with 5 minutes to go but then they'd have to be on the bench so even then it's a no.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

For someone like Rodgers there's never going to be a time in the season where he'll bring someone on, down the bottom - no; near the top 6 - no; midtable - no still going for places. Only chance if if we're beating someone at home 6/7/8 nil with 5 minutes to go but then they'd have to be on the bench so even then it's a no.

League Cup - no. Relying on an abundance of injuries.

• Like 1

foxes.jpg

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/october/eight-young-owls-in-pjt-squad/

Young Owls in the PJT squad!
2 Hours ago

A clutch of young Owls have been added to the senior squad list ahead of tonight’s clash with Leicester City Under-21s.

Wednesday’s Papa Johns Trophy campaign will come to a close this evening and Darren Moore has given the youngsters an opportunity to experience the first team environment.

Here is the lowdown on those stepping up this evening together with David Agbontohoma, Jay Glover and Leojo Davidson, who have already featured this season.

Pierce Charles

The 17-year-old shot-stopper joined Wednesday from Manchester City in the summer of 2021 and signed his first professional contract with the club last week. The young goalkeeper trains regularly with the Owls first team, supporting senior custodians Cameron Dawson and David Stockdale.

Pierce-Charles_22-23_Hull.jpg

Adam Alimi-Adetoro

The towering centre back joined Wednesday at the beginning of the season having impressed during a trial period at the end of the last campaign. He represented Athlone Town in his native Ireland prior to joining the Owls.

Adam-Adetoro_22-23.jpg

Sean Fusire

The second-year scholar joined the Owls academy system early and is a regular for the club’s Under-18s and 21s. Fusire can play in central midfield but is equally adept as a right-sided full back.

Sean-Fusire_22-23.jpg

Paulo Aguas

Brazilian-born, Aguas joined the Owls on a scholarship after moving with his family to Sheffield. The 19-year-old is a regular for Wednesday’s Under-21s and often operates as an attacking left wing back. He signed his first professional contract in June 2021.

Paulo-Aguas_22-23_Burnley.jpg

Will Trueman

Local boy Trueman signed his first professional contract with Wednesday in June 2021 shortly after winning the prestigious Championship Apprentice of the Year award. The 19-year-old features regularly in the heart of the Owls Under-21s’ midfield.

Will-Trueman_Bristol-City_22-23.jpg

Rio Shipston

Another local prodigy, Shipston has been with the Owls academy from the foundation phase. Currently a second-year scholar, the talented central midfielder features for both our Under-18s and 21s.

Rio-Shipston_Under-18s_2.jpg

Bobby Dunn

London-product Dunn made the switch to S6 in the summer after completing a trial period last season. The 19-year-old came through Charlton’s academy system and operates in the centre of midfield.

Bobby-Dunn_22-23_Hull.jpg

Bailey Cadamarteri

Powerful forward Cadamarteri signed his first professional contract with the Owls in June after joining Wednesday’s academy in the Under-9s. The 17-year-old features for both the club’s Under-18s and 21s.

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nice to see Alves playing further forward and being more like himself tonight and using his skills rather than the more reserved centre mid role we saw earlier in this season

Alves has been our best player, worryingly Wormleighton looking iffy tonight which is rare for him.

Full Time 2-0 to Sheff Wed

Shame about the result as Burton are doing their job in battering Bradford 4-0 so a penalty win would've put us through

Oh well it was a good run out for the lads, Sheff Wed started about 6 or 7 first team squad players as well

Will Alves was quite clearly our best player and got plenty of praise from their commentators

Maswanhise gave their right back Jack Hunt who has plenty of Championship/League One experience (400+ games) a fair bit of trouble as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

2-0 Sheff Wed

Appiah done by the winger, ball passed in and free shot on goal from about 12 yards for the scorer

Not seen much from Appiah to be honest, was really poor against Fulham too. Big test for him against Arsenal if he plays 

Serious question; and appreciate the enthusiasm a few have on here for some of our youngsters, but … other than Mahawinse, I don’t see that any of the others are putting up any kind of significant, sustained numbers (even at youth level) to merit a first team place. 

I know about the 3 x England U19’s etc, but even at youth level, Leicester are having a stinking season. Is it a case of over hyping some of these lot? Genuine question, not trying to be provocative, just not “seeing” the apparent amazing talent that we apparently posses from a stats point of view …

Alves has stepped up to U21s but hasn’t even scored a goal yet (?), Popov was prolific for the U18s yet has done minimal amount for U21s, Braybrooke spreads the ball around well, yet doesn’t assist many (or get many pre-assists?), we ship goals like the first team yet Flynn(?) is apparently highly regarded…?

Again, not trying to stir any pots, just trying to get a realistic understanding of what level our kids are at, as they don’t appear to be making the grade at U21 level yet? …..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Not seen much from Appiah to be honest, was really poor against Fulham too. Big test for him against Arsenal if he plays 

I would have thought the whole defence was poor V Fulham! 

a CB being done by the winger means you have bigger issues. He shouldn’t be out there in the first place one v one 

he’s a unit and I would expect any opposition to try and isolate him out wide 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I would have thought the whole defence was poor V Fulham! 

a CB being done by the winger means you have bigger issues. He shouldn’t be out there in the first place one v one 

he’s a unit and I would expect any opposition to try and isolate him out wide 

Yeah he certainly shouldn’t be the right or left CB in a back 3. Deffo the central one 

11 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Serious question; and appreciate the enthusiasm a few have on here for some of our youngsters, but … other than Mahawinse, I don’t see that any of the others are putting up any kind of significant, sustained numbers (even at youth level) to merit a first team place. 

I know about the 3 x England U19’s etc, but even at youth level, Leicester are having a stinking season. Is it a case of over hyping some of these lot? Genuine question, not trying to be provocative, just not “seeing” the apparent amazing talent that we apparently posses from a stats point of view …

Alves has stepped up to U21s but hasn’t even scored a goal yet (?), Popov was prolific for the U18s yet has done minimal amount for U21s, Braybrooke spreads the ball around well, yet doesn’t assist many (or get many pre-assists?), we ship goals like the first team yet Flynn(?) is apparently highly regarded…?

Again, not trying to stir any pots, just trying to get a realistic understanding of what level our kids are at, as they don’t appear to be making the grade at U21 level yet? …..

I'd advise watching them and making your own judgement, 

I don't really rate Popov a great deal, I think he's another Hirst in that his size advantage has made him look better than he probably is.

Alves looks a hell of a talent, unfortunately the genius manager this year has decided he should play CM rather than playing where his talent and physicality suits him.

Braybrooke absolutely oozes class and he'll be a Premier league player absolutely no doubt. 

The sooner Alves and Braybrooke get away from the PE teachers in our academy and off to clubs for real football week in week out, the better.

• Like 3