Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I always thought he was left footed for some reason haha

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His goal vs Bradford in the Papa John's would certainly add to that assumption.

Ahh.... maybe the right footed goal was a wonder strike and the left footed one was tired lol 

**** knows, he's a talent no matter what.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Great finish, gutted I didn't get tickets as it sounds like he's really stepping up his ability to impact on games. This is exactly the development we hoped he'd show and needed to show, the club evidently have high hopes for him given he's pretty much been a mainstay in the U21's since he turned 16 and we aren't a club that do that very often.

I don't think there's any worries he's too small or skinny either, I'd not be surprised to see him come through in to the first team by the end of this season if this trajectory continues.

Did you see the pictures of him posted on here during the last international break? The boy looks absolute solid so pretty sure he'll be fine. Plus he's potentially still got 5 plus years of developing physically, if not more.

Look at Mahrez; skinny as anything but his ability to cope with the physicality of the English game was completely different 2 years after joining. 

Even I went from being pretty weak to suddenly smashing people twice my size off the ball when I was about 23. And I'm a high level professional athlete :ph34r:

Point is, you're right; I don't think that will hold him back.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only one that gets nervous when he does things like that against bigger clubs? 

He’s one that I hope stays under the radar and I still think clubs are a little lazy with poaching this type of talent because it’s harder to assess. But when a 16 year old scores like that, a club certainly pricks it’s ears up. 

Id absolutely hate for him to get poached before we’ve fully developed him. 

Isnt he 17?

also, i haven't seen any confirmation that he'd signed a new deal (like braybrooke). moore94 says he has so that's usually good enoogh!  

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

also, i haven't seen any confirmation that he'd signed a new deal (like braybrooke). moore94 says he has so that's usually good enoogh!  

Club confirmed it at beginning of the month. https://www.lcfc.com/news/2835607/new-deals-for-leicester-city-academy-stars

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Ahh.... maybe the right footed goal was a wonder strike and the left footed one was tired lol 

**** knows, he's a talent no matter what.

No, you are right pal! He is right footed, but hopefully like Maddison and Barnes, regularly shoot and score off either foot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only one that gets nervous when he does things like that against bigger clubs? 

He’s one that I hope stays under the radar and I still think clubs are a little lazy with poaching this type of talent because it’s harder to assess. But when a 16 year old scores like that, a club certainly pricks it’s ears up. 

You are right that there's been fairly little fan fare on him from the media or other clubs yet, which is exactly how we want it. I did notice that commentators and media affiliated with Sheffield Wednesday were singing his praises last week after the Papa John's game, so I do wonder if that will start to pick up. 

You can't help but feel we have a very special player on our hands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Is Mirsad Ali the left back that appeared in an article that talked about players to watch out for?

Imagine if we produce a 3rd English left back to play at the highest level and represent England U21 or higher in a matter of years. I've not seen much of Mirsad but he's evidently highly rated.

48 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'd sooner see Alves on the bench than Albrighton or Perez, don't mind one of them but we are rarely going to use both

I agree. I realize the gaffer doesn't want to upset the apple cart, but Perez is gone, maybe in January. Put Alvez or Maswanhise on the bench. 

• Like 4

Alves has only just started to look comfortable in the u21s. I feel it’s a bit early. Besides Brendan only likes academy graduates who have perseveres through difficult times, or however he put it, basically league experience, so I can’t see it happening.

If Maswanhise has been killing it in the u21s, has looked decent in preseason a while back, and still doesnt see a loan or first team experience he should start looking elsewhere honestly.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, AjcW said:

Well that was much much better! Second half especially, looked a different team. 

Braybrooke and Alves a class above, Popov is just 100% energy, clearly taking a lot of inspo from JV. 

Im still unsure as to why Appiah is anything to do with a premier league development squad, perhaps harsh but just looks to have nothing about him other than stature. 

The Pennants were a real handful when they came on too. 

Penalty was a shame too, ref gave it because he should have given them one a minute beforehand. 

....did not see the game, but Appiah in preseason seemed a find!!!

He was very good on the ball, looking to get the team forward and had  great long range passing and vision. The feedback recently about him has not been good, all seems to be pointing that he is going backwards, hard to believe how good he looked in pre-season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Alves has only just started to look comfortable in the u21s. I feel it’s a bit early. Besides Brendan only likes academy graduates who have perseveres through difficult times, or however he put it, basically league experience, so I can’t see it happening.

If Maswanhise has been killing it in the u21s, has looked decent in preseason a while back, and still doesnt see a loan or first team experience he should start looking elsewhere honestly.

I understand, to some extent, Brendan's position. I have always thought there should be extra spots on the bench for U21s, just so they are there if there is a cushion.

But playing 5-10 minutes a game is "difficult times," and does prepare you for PL football (or at least for a better loan.) If we insist that all players go through a 2-3 year loan progression up the pyramid, we won't get them until they are over 21, while at the same time they are watching us spending tens of millions on U21 players whose gaffers did take a chance on them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Great finish, gutted I didn't get tickets as it sounds like he's really stepping up his ability to impact on games. This is exactly the development we hoped he'd show and needed to show, the club evidently have high hopes for him given he's pretty much been a mainstay in the U21's since he turned 16 and we aren't a club that do that very often.

I don't think there's any worries he's too small or skinny either, I'd not be surprised to see him come through in to the first team by the end of this season if this trajectory continues.

....he does look as if he has filled out more, he just has the same vibes as Barnes, and holds himself the same way as well!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

In the Fulham game he spent most of his time looking like he was at DM having to fetch the ball from the edge of our box.

He played a lot of yesterdays game on either wing and a little in the middle, very much maddison esque, looked much better there anyway! 

Helped that people were giving him the ball rather than him having to hunt it down.

The club have been playing him as a DM recently with the aim of improving the defensive side of his game. You can see the logic, but I'm sure Man Utd didn't try something similar with a young Giggs.

Few more job adverts for the academy have popped up

Lead Academy Sports Scientist - https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/lead-academy-sports-scientist-lcfc

2x Academy Sports Scientists - https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/academy-sports-scientists

Academy Development Centre Coaches - https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/academy-development-centre-coaches

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Few more job adverts for the academy have popped up

Lead Academy Sports Scientist - https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/lead-academy-sports-scientist-lcfc

2x Academy Sports Scientists - https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/academy-sports-scientists

Academy Development Centre Coaches - https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/academy-development-centre-coaches

....shouldn't we have scouted these people as opposed to advertising for them!!!

We should be looking to prise people from around the country from their current roles and making this academy the destination club to be.

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....shouldn't we have scouted these people as opposed to advertising for them!!!

We should be looking to prise people from around the country from their current roles and making this academy the destination club to be.

Not sure what the employment laws are in the UK, but I know here every job has to be advertised.

You can tap someone on the shoulder and encourage them to apply, but you can’t just hand someone a job without following due process.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2022 at 05:16, Lambert09 said:

If we know about him so do big teams.