Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

On 25/10/2022 at 16:20, Ric Flair said:

No, you are right pal! He is right footed, but hopefully like Maddison and Barnes, regularly shoot and score off either foot.

I'll get ready to be laughed at but here goes.

Alves will end up as a full-back/wing-back.

He has that bit of raw fight and aggressive style to his play and I think over time that will be developed with his tackling that has improved immensely since being with the u23-21s.

There has been huge investment from the coaching staff to improve his game when we are  out of possession and this has improved his defensive game.

Composure on the ball and an eye for a pass are key in the wing-back role and they are his natural strengths. 

Thats where I think he will end up once established. 

I may be wayyy off mark but that's where I see him. 

Go on ...now shoot me down!!! 

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He has that bit of raw fight and aggressive style to his play and I think over time that will be developed with his tackling that has improved immensely since being with the u23-21s.

There has been huge investment from the coaching staff to improve his game when we are  out of possession and this has improved his defensive game.

Composure on the ball and an eye for a pass are key in the wing-back role and they are his natural strengths. 

That's certainly a brave prediction. I don't see it myself but you never know. The club have converted Wormleighton from a winger to a full back, even playing in a back three and the lad never has a bad game wherever he plays.

I think Alves skill and footwork would be too much in the attacking third of the pitch to take him from being an ACM/winger to being a modern full back or wing back. I'm not 100% certain he'll be a central attacking midfielder but if not he'd be a winger. If he's a wing back then he might well be considered the most skillful ever to grace the game, doing rabonas and flip flaps 😂😂😂😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Even creative midfielders have to trackback, tackle and win the ball back. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He is quite small though, only problem. Less of an issue when you're wriggling around between players in attack

• Like 1

Not been a great weekend for the King Power Football Club.

U18 lost 1-6 to Southampton the bottom team.

1st team lost 0-1

Women 2-1 to the bottom = team letting in 2 goals in added on time.

OHL manage a 1-1 draw at home

U21s now losing 0-2

On 26/10/2022 at 17:58, themightyfin said:

See I don't know how I feel about this. (not disagreeing just wouldn't be happy if that transpired)

Trent Alexander Arnold could be one of the best CM's in the world if Liverpool/England were brave enough to put him there. If anything he's been strangled by his current position and he was one of those who started off further forward as a youngster before moving back. 

I think TAA problem is that crossfield pingers from midfield (a la Beckham) aren't fasionable anymore. That and most top teams don't have space in their formations for a 'distributer'

I'd like to just see us let Alves flourish as a flair creative midfielder, if he doesn't make it here as that then he doesn't make it here as that. What's the point of having someone who is clearly a luxury once in 10/20 years talent and not just seeing where that might take him? 

Braybrooke is clearly going to be a star CM, we wouldn't dream of suddenly turning him into a CB... so why Alves?

To me if we did that it would be a cop out from our coaching team/development team in not being brave enough to help him be the player he could be... so they're turning him into 'just another decent player in a trendy position'

I'm also not entirely sure WB would be a position that suits him, the lad can't run in a straight line lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I cant get my head around the team Petty picks. Wheres Popov tonight? If hes injured then play Kian Pennant or call Amani Richards up to play up front.

We seem to play ridiculously defensive systems and personnel but then be absolutely abysmal at defending. 

Surely the whole point of the U18s/U21s is play similar or the same systems as the first team. He's got talented players like Terel Pennant one of very few wingers in the academy whom either side of a striker with Maswanhise and Alves behind the striker would give the team a much more fluidity and attacking edge.

Once again after an absolute battering at the weekend for our U18s and the U21s getting smoked, you are left asking what on earth has materially changed in recent years to match this state of the art training complex. Same coaches who wouldn't get the same gig at another PL club for a start.

It’s a mixture of poor coaching and a lack of identity. You can clearly see what Wolves gameplan is, ditto Man City and other youth teams we’ve played.

I don’t buy the idea all this fannying about with formations and positions actually helps our players development.

I doubt Le Havre were playing Mahrez as a DM to work on his weaknesses. Did Man City ever make Cole Palmer play fullback to learn the defensive side of the game? It’s ridiculous.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not been a great weekend for the King Power Football Club.

U18 lost 1-6 to Southampton the bottom team.

1st team lost 0-1

Women 2-1 to the bottom = team letting in 2 goals in added on time.

OHL manage a 1-1 draw at home

U21s now losing 0-2

Made my skin crawl reading that. Can we never refer to Leicester City Football Club as that.

• Like 2