Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

You'd like to think a couple of smackings would wake us up and want to take the academy properly seriously, by this I mean being one of the best in the country.

Unfortunately it's been jobs for the boys since day dot under Rudkin and it'll continue to be you'd imagine.

Would love to know why McGuiness packed it in so quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

You'd like to think a couple of smackings would wake us up and want to take the academy properly seriously, by this I mean being one of the best in the country.

Unfortunately it's been jobs for the boys since day dot under Rudkin and it'll continue to be you'd imagine.

Would love to know why McGuiness packed it in so quickly.

His Dad is very ill apparently so moved back to the North West.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His Dad is very ill apparently so moved back to the North West.

Ah it was actually a genuine reason then. I assumed it was the classic "personal reasons" so nobody questions it

Gives me hope there is a desire to actually make a big change to the academy structure then. Hopefully were sounding out some quality options. Get the academy becoming a proper conveyor belt of talent.

Definitely need someone in who doesn't mind ruffling some feathers like and upsetting the apple cart. An outside hire with no connection or bias is a must.

• Like 2

I know results don't matter at youth levels but I can't think that it is doing the lads any good losing every week, their confidence must be shot to pieces.

It's very unsatisfactory & may be a reason why nobody is pushing for the first team (another reason could be of course that our first team manager is an idiot)

I only watched the last 20mins and looked like most of them had given up, were wet n cold and didn’t fancy it. Acres of space in the middle of the park for Wolves, didn’t look like we could even be bothered to close them down.

Only decent player was T.Pennant from the part I seen, everyone else gave the ball away and were trudging around.

Their 3rd goal was a nice finish.

35 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I know results don't matter at youth levels but I can't think that it is doing the lads any good losing every week, their confidence must be shot to pieces.

It's very unsatisfactory & may be a reason why nobody is pushing for the first team (another reason could be of course that our first team manager is an idiot)

It’s planned like that to match the first team …..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Was intentional.

When I sit in the stand the only way you can tell it's the home of LCFC is the Badges in the banner, even the Leicester City bit is covered up by the big screens. So it reads King Power Est 1884 with the LCFC badge.

Despite all the good they have done it just makes me sad that we're so hidden behind all the KP stuff.

• Like 4

It's a shame the interviewer basically answered the questions for the lad, but maybe that was intentional to help Sammy get used to it.

Not too much personality shown there, but if someone jammed a mic and camera in my face at 18 then I'm pretty sure 75% of my response would be "erm..." lol

I just hope he's not referring to the first team as "them" by this time next year. Very excited to see this lad get some professional football under his belt.

On 02/11/2022 at 11:39, filbertway said:

It's a shame the interviewer basically answered the questions for the lad, but maybe that was intentional to help Sammy get used to it.

Not too much personality shown there, but if someone jammed a mic and camera in my face at 18 then I'm pretty sure 75% of my response would be "erm..." lol

I just hope he's not referring to the first team as "them" by this time next year. Very excited to see this lad get some professional football under his belt.

He will get plenty of time on the bench if he goes on loan judging by what is happening right now. Its an absolute shitshow.  He should be on the PL team bench regularly and ten or twenty minutes now and again will do him the world of good confidence wise. He is older than many PL debutants already . He is one of the most talented English 18 y.o.s at the moment and if the club thinks they can hold him back until his early twenties , then they will lose him.