Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 minute ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Getting outclassed unfortunately 1-0 down at the moment but probably should’ve been more. Injury to popov upfront hasn’t helped as it’s the sort of game that needs a big man up front to hold the ball up when we do actually get a hold of it

Don't know why we wait so long to bring players through in positions we are short in numbers. Both Amani Richards and Reece Evans have thr e physical presence to play that role at U21 level.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

why are we playing valencia? is this a friendly? 

Just a tournament

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2684518

Premier League International Cup returns for 2022/23

The Premier League International Cup is returning for 2022/23, featuring 12 of England's best Academy sides and 12 of the top development squads from other European nations.

• Like 1

Mostly one-sided affair despite the score line. 

Alves the likely to make something happen but no quality of final pass mainly through holding onto the ball for too long. Very weak up front and in CM. Appiah, Nelson and Brunt looked fairly solid but still guilty of losing possession. Valencia had far better options in possession. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, joeybside said:

Mostly one-sided affair despite the score line. 

Alves the likely to make something happen but no quality of final pass mainly through holding onto the ball for too long. Very weak up front and in CM. Appiah, Nelson and Brunt looked fairly solid but still guilty of losing possession. Valencia had far better options in possession. 

Appiah looked unbelievable when I saw him V Spurs early on in season but he's had a few horror shows apparently when we were shipping goals a while back. 

It's so hard to get any consistency with any of them at that age it seems. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Appiah looked unbelievable when I saw him V Spurs early on in season but he's had a few horror shows apparently when we were shipping goals a while back. 

It's so hard to get any consistency with any of them at that age it seems. 

.. it is down to our coaching, they seem to deteriorate the longer we have them!!!

He looked like a find in pre-season, looks like another one who should get out of this club, even if it is just for a loan.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. it is down to our coaching, they seem to deteriorate the longer we have them!!!

He looked like a find in pre-season, looks like another one who should get out of this club, even if it is just for a loan.

he’s just physical imo. Similar to Darnell johnson, unlikely to ever make it at a decent level but at the same time has a better chance of securing a loan in league 2 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

he’s just physical imo. Similar to Darnell johnson, unlikely to ever make it at a decent level but at the same time has a better chance of securing a loan in league 2 

...he seemed much more than that in pre-season and for me he was one of the standout players in the team!!!

What ever confidence he came into the team with, because it seemed he was at time marshaling the back three, and now he is being viewed as only good for league 2.

What ever they have tried to change him into, has sucked out the life and love for the game. The last time I saw him play he was struggling at the back, very much focused on defending as opposed to being progressive with the ball and showing creativity. 

City's Youngsters Beaten By Valencia

Leicester City's Development Squad were defeated 2-0 by Valencia at LCFC Training Ground in the Premier League International Cup.

More on this story...  https://www.lcfc.com/news/2900424/citys-youngsters-beaten-by-valencia?fbclid=IwAR3vhe5LnZoolNdCHnhzT-NEhG2_aqe5_D6SeLpRFrLPtwHnnPFIyGxT4so

In Photos - Leicester City U21s 0 Valencia 2

Goals from Pablo Gozálbez Gilabert and Diego López Noguerol were enough to the see the Foxes side fall to defeat in Seagrave, as the Spanish outfit took the all three points on a cold Wednesday night in the Midlands. 

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

We’ve got the best training ground in the world and a random assortment of coaches. We need to recruit the very best coaching talent too.

I feel with better coaches we could make more of our pretty decent u21s yet

Schlupp

Chilwell

Barnes

Hamza

Thomas

Bassey

KDH

Braybrooke

is not a bad haul. I can’t see any of the existing coaches going anywhere soon with that track record. We seemed to very slowly phase out Beaglehole. I’d expect any change to be at the pace.

42 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I feel with better coaches we could make more of our pretty decent u21s yet

Schlupp

Chilwell

Barnes

Hamza

Thomas

Bassey

KDH

Braybrooke

is not a bad haul. I can’t see any of the existing coaches going anywhere soon with that track record. We seemed to very slowly phase out Beaglehole. I’d expect any change to be at the pace.

It's a good track record but could they be better? For most of them I think that's true. The physical attributes of those players stands out more than their technical ability. Barnes (less so), Chilwell (for us), Hamza, Bassey and Schlupp's athletic ability far surpasses their technical ability.

The academy should constantly bringing in new coaches domestically and from overseas to bring new ideas, we can't rest on our laurels.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's a good track record but could they be better? For most of them I think that's true. The physical attributes of those players stands out more than their technical ability. Barnes (less so), Chilwell (for us), Hamza, Bassey and Schlupp's athletic ability far surpasses their technical ability.

The academy should constantly bringing in new coaches domestically and from overseas to bring new ideas, we can't rest on our laurels.

To add to this - the coaching in Denmark, Portugal, the Netherlands and Croatia consistently produces fantastic players relative to the population - why aren't we trying to recruit them?

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

I don’t think we can constantly bring in new coaches since, I’d wager, we already have enough. If we bring some coaches in to overlap with the current staff it verges on constructive dismal.

We did get McGuiness in, of course, so we are looking to improve. But assuming we can replace already successful coaches, directly or indirectly, ignores employment law.

I guess we could try to overhaul the coaching structure but if that’s essentially a facade for replacing coaches we’re back to the point above. 

Just now, Foxxed said:

I don’t think we can constantly bring in new coaches since, I’d wager, we already have enough. If we bring some coaches in to overlap with the current staff it verges on constructive dismal.

We did get McGuiness in, of course, so we are looking to improve. But assuming we can replace already successful coaches, directly or indirectly, ignores employment law.

I guess we could try to overhaul the coaching structure but if that’s essentially a facade for replacing coaches we’re back to the point above. 

They'll have contracts, let them expire or pay them off.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They'll have contracts, let them expire or pay them off.

I highly suspect they’re full time contracts rather than yearly contracts. It‘d be like trying to sack you or me: you’d have to prove they’re not fulfilling their contracts—neigh impossible with that track record.

Besides, even if it were as easy as some assume, letting people go after being achieving what they have, that is to create the best academy is our existence as a football club, would set a precedent that doesn’t fit the owners’ highly successful management style.

37 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I highly suspect they’re full time contracts rather than yearly contracts. It‘d be like trying to sack you or me: you’d have to prove they’re not fulfilling their contracts—neigh impossible with that track record.

Besides, even if it were as easy as some assume, letting people go after being achieving what they have, that is to create the best academy is our existence as a football club, would set a precedent that doesn’t fit the owners’ highly successful management style.

I don’t want to come across as facetious but - what, we’re stuck with Ben Petty (not saying he’s a bad coach specifically) indefinitely because of employment and the owners’ management style.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don’t want to come across as facetious but - what, we’re stuck with Ben Petty (not saying he’s a bad coach specifically) indefinitely because of employment and the owners’ management style.

Well, you can't sack contractually well-performing full-time employees. If you could, you and I would be down the job centre tomorrow.

Not sure judging youth coaches on outputs alone is nota great idea, you need to also observe coaching sessions.

Coaches are paid peanuts for some of younger age groups, you aren't going to attract coaches from aboard unless you are talking u16+

You also have to take into account raw materials from 2004-2014 we were championship, League level we would a have lost talent to PL clubs.

We will not see the impact of the new training ground, being an establish PL and other changes for years, it has to ripple though. 

• Like 1