Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s have lost 2-0 away at West Ham

image.png.e4d39f2e75652c0a98de3e15a6135877.png

Subs: Steve Bausor, Mirsad Ali, Tony Ononaye, Jayden Joseph, Yassin Toure

....we have pulled the majority of the quality out of this team to the U21s!!!

Good to see a formation of 2 upfront. It would be a radical (for us) to set us as the first team and for the U21s to do the same. It needs to be a conveyor belt, but we either seem to think we need to develop players where we move them all over the pitch for their education.

The best Rugby team in Britain is Saracens, despite us being champions last season, but they have a setup where if someone drops out of the first team someone comes in and knows the drill and it is seamless. There is a lot of talk about fine margins, and we need to get ahead of the opposition. by the way we approach the way this club develops, and not continue to follow what everyone else is doing.

• Like 1

U18s away to WBA in action now. I can't find any reference to it from LCFC.

Found this on Google

https://www.google.com/search?q=WBA+U18s+v+LCFC+u18s&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enGB1010GB1010&oq=WBA+U18s+v+LCFC+u18s&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2.14537j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11s5937hqp;2;/g/11b6rh6xxp;ln;fp;1;;;

and this - https://www.wba.co.uk/fixture/view/44975

HOME TEAM

1Beau HuddGK
3Evan HumphriesDF
6Femi OlofinjanaDF
4Kevin MfuambaDF
2Deago NelsonDF
8Archie OliverDM
5Jenson SumnairDM
11Akeel HigginsAM
10Fenton HeardAM
7Tobias HurlockAM
9Layton LoveST
SUBSTITUTES
13Ben CisseGK
16Cole DeemingMK
14Archie KirtonAT
12Sami OluwatobiMK
15Adriel WalkerMK
MANAGER
Leigh Downing

AWAY TEAM

1Dillon AddaiGK
2Ben GristDF
5Freddie CookDF
4Henry CartwrightDF
3Jamari LindsayDF
8Jack LewisDM
6Thomas Wilson-BrownDM
11Reece EvansAM
10Logan BriggsAM
7Abdullah JavaidAM
9Amani RichardsST
SUBSTITUTES
12Ali MirsadDF
13Steve BausorGK
14Liam McAlinneyMK
15Tristan ThomasAT
16Yassin ToureMK
MANAGER
Adam Barradell

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-injury-news-transfer-7900773

Double blow for Leicester City defender as surgery puts January transfer on hold
Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive as Iestyn Hughes is set for surgery on a serious knee injury

ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
15:31, 6 DEC 2022

Young Leicester City defender Iestyn Hughes requires surgery on a serious knee injury.

The 20-year-old full-back, who is capable of playing on either side of the defence, joined City in the summer of 2021 after leaving Manchester United. He arrived on a three-year deal and went straight into what was then the under-23s set-up.

After becoming an integral member of the development squad over the past 18 months, Hughes has now suffered his first major injury setback during his time at the club.

The Wales under-21 international will be out of action for several months and plans for a loan move next month have subsequently been shelved, LeicestershireLive understands.

The news comes as a blow to both club and country, with the UEFA Under-21 Euros coming up in 2023. A loan move would have also marked Hughes' first taste of senior club football.

Former United man Hughes has made 10 appearances for the under-21s this season across Premier League 2 and the EFL Trophy. He has been competing with fellow full-backs Joe Wormleighton and Shane Flynn for a starting shirt.

Hughes' fellow Welshmen at Leicester City, Oli Ewing and Chris Popov, are also currently sidelined through injury.

• Sad 1

Got the Porto game coming up on 19th, day after world cup final and day before our MK game which might well have a fair few of the lads featuring in the squad.

Was originally postponed but back on now. I'm quite surprised it's not been cancelled until the new year to be honest, doubt we will be fielding a competitive side and surprised they can be arsed to shlepp over here a few days before Christmas. 

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Got the Porto game coming up on 19th, day after world cup final and day before our MK game which might well have a fair few of the lads featuring in the squad.

Was originally postponed but back on now. I'm quite surprised it's not been cancelled until the new year to be honest, doubt we will be fielding a competitive side and surprised they can be arsed to shlepp over here a few days before Christmas. 

Sidnei Tavares testimonial

• Haha 4

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fantastic-leicester-city-goalkeeper-frustrated-7896010?fbclid=IwAR3f_upFvn34Y1zuEaJi_XKc-p8bQ3ovAvUICOoKOsmWNjuFDFm87hCo5Zg

'Fantastic' Leicester City goalkeeper 'frustrated' by lack of loan action
The 20-year-old has only played once on loan at Notts County this season, but he has been praised for his attitude in training and the competition he is providing

ByJordan Blackwell
13:52, 5 DEC 2022UPDATED14:23, 5 DEC 2022

Up-and-coming Leicester City goalkeeper Brad Young has been praised for his attitude despite his frustration at his lack of opportunities on loan at Notts County.

Young, 20, moved to Meadow Lane at the start of the season but has played just once, in the shock FA Cup defeat to Coalville Town, who ran out 3-2 winners. In the National League, Young is yet to feature, and with only five players allowed on the bench, he’s only been in the squad once.

Sam Slocombe has started all 21 games so far, and his form, with nine clean sheets helping the Magpies into top spot, means Young is having to be patient. The 34-year-old has praised his understudy though, and knows he cannot afford to relax.

"I think first and foremost what you need to know about Brad is that he is disappointed about not playing many games,” Slocombe told NottinghamshireLive. “If we're honest, he probably came here wanting to play football and improve his experience.

“He is in a position where he hasn't had those opportunities as much as he wants, but the biggest thing is that his demeanour, his attitude and what he brings every day to the training ground is huge. I think what he has brought is somebody to provide massive competition not only for myself but for Tiernan [Brooks, third-choice keeper] so that has helped them and has improved their levels collectively.

“I am not daft enough to know, I have been in this game long enough to know if you're not at it and focused, you are not going to be in the team for that long. So, whether it be Brad or Tiernan, if they're on it and I am not, I am not going to last that much longer in the team.”

Young was City Under-23s’ first-choice goalkeeper last season, playing 19 of 26 Premier League 2 matches. He still returns to City occasionally during the week to train alongside goalkeeping coach Mike Stowell and senior keepers Danny Ward, Daniel Iversen, and Alex Smithies.

Slocombe said Young is feeling more confident in City sessions as a result of his work at Notts County. He said: “The competition [Young] brings is huge. I know he is only young but I will ask him questions about what they do at Leicester and the keepers that he works with because they have really good experience.

“I will be asking him questions and he will be asking them back, and the biggest thing for me is that despite having frustrations of not playing here, he's coming back from sessions he is doing with Leicester and saying the work we are doing here is helping him feel more comfortable and better in the sessions going there because of the information he is taking on here.

“I know for a fact he will be frustrated he is not playing games, but he has been fantastic. It has been a fantastic learning experience for him, and I hope it does pay dividends for him in the future.”

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Not sure if this like will work, but got sent this by a friend today on the Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl4PKBfJzoY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Great ability, I watch this lad every week and he's insane but can't move without doing tricks and skills. If he stopped and did them now and again he would be a great asset.

Edited by Thefoxman

1 hour ago, Thefoxman said:

Great ability, I watch this lad every week and he's insane but can't move without doing tricks and skills. If he stopped and did them now and again he would be a great asset.

Hopefully he gets the right coaching to not end up as the next Hachim Mastour