Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Should be banned for a year if that's the case, little twat. Surprised more hasn't been made of this so far. I know ow Alves isn't a household name but usually social media pages pick up on this, risingballers for example love Alves. Also I hope to hear Wolves apologise and interested to read Barradell's comments on this. Disgusting.

U16 non contracted did it , heard a whisper club might take this to the FA. The lads dad gave him a round of fks but that won't heal Will . He is devastated !! This could be a year out .

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

U16 non contracted did it , heard a whisper club might take this to the FA. The lads dad gave him a round of fks but that won't heal Will . He is devastated !! This could be a year out .

It's truly heart breaking for him,it's clear as day he's the most talented academy player we've had in the modern era and although it's never guaranteed to mean they become the best academy player, you don't train and get a few games for our club or Brendan Rodgers under rhe age of 18/19 and he has. I'm devastated for him, he plays the game like it should be played if you've the ability to do so.

I hope this can make him rather than break him as mentally he will need to be very strong and hopefully in the long run he comes back more determined and focused to prove he is a generational player.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

Good. That's the least they should do.

Lots of Alves' teammates coming out in support of him and criticising Voice. Good to see them having that camaraderie.

One of them was Shane Flynn, but it looks like he's now completely deleted his Twitter account? Not sure what's happened there. Guessing he was getting abuse for his post?

im genuinely affected by this. Find myself thinking about it way more than I should. It’s just such a cruel thing to happen to someone.

You spend your whole life working for something and a thug can possibly derail it all in a moment. 

I just think how devastated I personally was when something similar happened to me. But my thoughts had nothing to do with a career. Just the complete annoyance of not being able to walk for 4 months or play the game i love. Really hope the club support the lad through this and I know we will 

Wolves ought to be seriously thinking about releasing that guy because he's a total liability. He's demonstrated he cannot be trusted to keep his head in a game, and sooner or later he will let them down or damage their own interests. What happens when he's training with the first team and Adama Traore makes him look stupid? Going to break his legs and keep him out for a year? Play away at somewhere like Millwall and fans get on his back, is he going to start jumping into the crowd and smacking people? Gets dropped for a game, is he going to smash up the training ground? He's demonstarted that he's more interested in being a thuig than a professional, and a professional attitude is more important to making it than whatever talent they think he has, he will squander any opportunity he gets unless he grows up and realises he needs to make massive changes to his attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

A rather busy January for the youngsters starting on Monday against Chelsea.

Anyone know what's occuring with Braybrooke? Think we all expected to see him in the MK squad and he also wasn't involved against Porto for the U21's before Christmas.

Injured or getting ready for a loan?

Just now, AjcW said:

A rather busy January for the youngsters starting on Monday against Chelsea.

Anyone know what's occuring with Braybrooke? Think we all expected to see him in the MK squad and he also wasn't involved against Porto for the U21's before Christmas.

Injured or getting ready for a loan?

Can’t say I’ve seen him in training pictures lately, hopefully not injured. 

17 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Can’t say I’ve seen him in training pictures lately, hopefully not injured. 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I noticed Madivadua in the most recent training photos

Good to see him back, hasn’t played since September

Yeah all a bit odd, the ITK's had named him in the squad for MK too. He's essentially been off grid since then. 

Hopefully he's just been preparing for a loan move, perhaps he's going a fair distance and needs time to settle, I know sometime with young loans they go and train with the club for a bit before announcing. 

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah all a bit odd, the ITK's had named him in the squad for MK too. He's essentially been off grid since then. 

Hopefully he's just been preparing for a loan move, perhaps he's going a fair distance and needs time to settle, I know sometime with young loans they go and train with the club for a bit before announcing. 

Braybrooke was actually at MK Dons with the squad as well

Late fitness test maybe?

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Braybrooke was actually at MK Dons with the squad as well

Late fitness test maybe?

Yeah perhaps! Guess we wont know until Monday, unless he appears in tonights squad lol 

I would love to see him get a loan though! A half season Harvey Barnes style championship masterclass could make him a contender next season for a starting birth.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3008347/under21s-first-game-of-2023-live-on-lcfc-tv

Under-21s' First Game Of 2023 Live On LCFC TV
LCFC MEN U21S
Published 1 hr 24 mins ago

Leicester City's Development Squad face Chelsea in Premier League 2 Division 1 at LCFC Training Ground on Monday evening and it is live to watch on LCFC TV.
- LCFC Development Squad host Chelsea in Premier League 2 Division 1
- The league match at LCFC Training Ground has a 7pm kick-off
- Supporters can follow the action live on LCFC TV
- Matty Fryatt will provide commentary, with coverage starting at 6:45pm

City’s youngsters return to league action for the first time since early November when they picked up a point against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

Before Christmas, the Foxes featured in two consecutive Premier League International Cup matches. After losing 2-0 to the Spanish outfit Valencia, Leicester picked up their fourth point in Group A of the competition in a goalless draw with FC Porto.

Welcoming Chelsea to Seagrave on Monday 9 January (7pm kick-off), you can watch the game live via LCFC TV from 6:45pm, with commentary from Matt Davies-Adams and former Foxes striker Matty Fryatt.

Pre-match news, meanwhile, including the comments from coach Ben Petty can be found on LCFC.com, while Twitter will also provide match updates, with team news being announced an hour before kick-off.

Following the final whistle, a full round-up will be posted to LCFC.com, and post-match interviews with Petty and a squad player will be uploaded to LCFC TV shortly afterwards.

Extended highlights will be available to watch on LCFC TV after the game. Match tickets for the fixture must be purchased beforehand, and can be found HERE.

All times GMT.