Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

8 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Weird one that. Maybe wasn’t ready for the championship 🤷🏼

He's only played 10 games for them, no assists or goals.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably starting tomorrow

He won’t, unless he’s not going out on loan again. Players can not play for three clubs in a season. 
Therefor if he plays tomorrow, he’s unable to go out on loan and will remain with the team for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

He won’t, unless he’s not going out on loan again. Players can not play for three clubs in a season. 
Therefor if he plays tomorrow, he’s unable to go out on loan and will remain with the team for the remainder of the season.

He's likely cup tied anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ben Nelson has been recalled

Be interesting to see if he goes somewhere else now

Amusing that a tweet an hour beforehand had him advertising their game tomorrow lol 

Strikes me as a quick decision so maybe he will be in the squad tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

He's not played in the FA Cup this season. Has the Papa Johns and Carabao but not the FA so could well be in the squad tomorrow.

Do players really just rock up at this level and go straight into a match day squad without having done any training ??  How would they know the patterns of play and set piece routines ???

Just now, st albans fox said:

Do players really just rock up at this level and go straight into a match day squad without having done any training ??  How would they know the patterns of play and set piece routines ???

We do training? 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Same as new signings doing it, happens all the time! Especially when teams are desperate.

He's match fit, was clearly going to start for them tomorrow as he was matchday poster boy!

Also.... not entirely sure we have patterns of play at present and set piece routines are still a work in progress lol 

5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Doesn't take a genius to work out our tactics if you're a centre back. 

Pass between yourselves until you lose it.

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We do training? 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Also.... not entirely sure we have patterns of play at present and set piece routines are still a work in progress lol 

I’ll pass it across the box and unlike our forwards, you lot just stick it in the onion bag ! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Can’t believe he’s not got Braybrooke on

and yet we are all deluded thinking he would be kept around to get minutes. Brendan will never risk anything like that unless he’s forced by injury. 

We have a huge game against newcastle in a few days but brendans so worried about a team at the bottom of the football pyramid he’s kept our best player (who’s not injured) on the pitch for 90 instead :mad:

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

and yet we are all deluded thinking he would be kept around to get minutes. Brendan will never risk anything like that unless he’s forced by injury. 

We have a huge game against newcastle in a few days but brendans so worried about a team at the bottom of the football pyramid he’s kept our best player (who’s not injured) on the pitch for 90 instead :mad:

Agreed, if youri got injured we’d be absolutely buggered 

I've never been convinced by Brunt when I've seen him, and today confirmed my misgivings about him. No where near the level, and McAteer will never play higher than league one, and that may be stretching it a bit too. For me we have 3 players from the under 21s who have a chance. Braybrooke, who I think has a great chance, and should have played today in my opinion, and how he never got any minutes at all, was a real shame.  Wormleighton, I really like. This boy loves a tackle, and is aggressive and  fearless, I'm just hoping he don't get that knocked out of him by the coaches, that is a worry.  The other is of course Alves, who to be honest, hasn't set the under 21s alight, but is full of natural talent, that again I feel may be being stifled by the coaches.  Certainly he needs to be passing and releasing the ball more, but he has to be allowed to express himself too. Other than those three I don't see any of the others currently in the 23s making the step up to a premier league level. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the manager is a fraud - he has a reputation for giving youth a chance and we know from experience that he’s not that type.  If we were three up with ten to play then Sammi would have got on. 

I don’t consider a 21 and 22 y o as playing kids. It’s embarrassing that the coach doesn’t believe that we have any teenagers good enough to play today - if that’s true then whoever is responsible for the academy needs sacking 

He has never given youth a chance here 

He did play two u21s, likely to get teams interested in them for a potential loan, whereas Braybrooke is already widely sought after, I would have assumed, due to his reputation. As long as Braybrooke does see some first team minutes in the league, 5 or 10 at the end of matches when hopefully we're winning, I don't mind him keeping him on the bench this match and playing two other u21s.