Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Yep - you’re right about that. my point is that they do make those demands but not officially.  We have one academy kid in my youngest’s year and he’s played one school game out of seven. My lad has asked him why and the reply is that the academy don’t want him playing on a Saturday morning for the school and if a midweek game is the same day as academy training then he prioritises that. 

it may not be what should happen but it does. 

Agreed. 

That isn't the supposed hiarachy, reality is another matter. 

4 hours ago, ACF said:

Read a couple of articles this morning saying the Thai lad Mueanta is training with us again. Highly unlikely for him to get a work permit though.

https://zingnews.vn/leicester-danh-gia-cao-tuyen-thu-thai-lan-post1390269.html

He does seem to have something about him, whether he'd ever be good enough for this level remains to be seen but we could attempt to sign him and loan him out to a league where he might then play enough to get a work permit. The obvious choice being Leuven but it doesn't have to be them. Doubt he'd be an expensive project.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He does seem to have something about him, whether he'd ever be good enough for this level remains to be seen but we could attempt to sign him and loan him out to a league where he might then play enough to get a work permit. The obvious choice being Leuven but it doesn't have to be them. Doubt he'd be an expensive project.

Almost a completely different point I’m bringing up here but doubt Leuven want any of our players on loan. Seem to be two completely different entities to the Red Bull-like dream we perhaps all envisaged 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Almost a completely different point I’m bringing up here but doubt Leuven want any of our players on loan. Seem to be two completely different entities to the Red Bull-like dream we perhaps all envisaged 

I believe Leuven would have players on loan if the manager was happy with them and actually wanted them which is fair enough

The problem is at one point we were sending over players like Benkovic, King, and Eppiah who they didn’t want or need

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joeybside said:

Went to this this evening. Good entertainment especially in the 2nd half. Leshabela was outstanding all game rivalling the Celtic Captain for MoM IMO. Certainly the most industrious. Whereas the Celtic Captain I think has one first team appearance, he was way above this level but guilty of sloppiness. Appiah v good especially for his goal and involvement in the equaliser. Marcel-Madivadua good game as well as young Hill at LB when came on. Very panicky during goalmouth scrambles which led to their goals. We missed a lot, Cover guilty of the majority who I sadly remember being v.poor against Valencia. Massively exposed on the Left often in first half which all sounds so familiar. Far better 2nd half and much more of a threat. 

How did the 18s boys fair in the game (Logan Briggs and Amarni Richards)

12 hours ago, joeybside said:

Went to this this evening. Good entertainment especially in the 2nd half. Leshabela was outstanding all game rivalling the Celtic Captain for MoM IMO. Certainly the most industrious. Whereas the Celtic Captain I think has one first team appearance, he was way above this level but guilty of sloppiness. Appiah v good especially for his goal and involvement in the equaliser. Marcel-Madivadua good game as well as young Hill at LB when came on. Very panicky during goalmouth scrambles which led to their goals. We missed a lot, Cover guilty of the majority who I sadly remember being v.poor against Valencia. Massively exposed on the Left often in first half which all sounds so familiar. Far better 2nd half and much more of a threat. 

You were impressed with appiah in their box but his primary job is in ours ! From what I’ve seen recently he’s looked a bit of a bomb scare at times having initially looked like a prospect. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You were impressed with appiah in their box but his primary job is in ours ! From what I’ve seen recently he’s looked a bit of a bomb scare at times having initially looked like a prospect. 

The fact he got forward enough to assist in the attack which paid dividend with the goal suggested a maturity in his play. Him and Spencer-Adams looked more than assured against a weak Celtic 9 and a good 10 who grabbed both goals which although suggests defensive lapses in marking, were more to do with having to deal with interplay caused by the lack of cover primarily at LB. Appiah was also pushed up front with Cover dropping to CB from CM in the last 5 minutes. Winning the flick on against a Celtic CB with first team experience was pivotal as Pennant ran on for the equaliser. 

Bottom line was no-one in that squad suggests they will be challenging for first team places in the immediate future. But there's something there to work with and to improve 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joeybside said:

Was this a U21s fixture?

Lashebela is 23 years old now so I would expect him to be a stand-out player in a fixture where the avg player age was probably closer to 19-20..

It would be disappointing if he DIDNT stand out....and if he doesnt stand out against significantly younger players when he is 23, what does the future hold for him at LCFC...?

2 hours ago, joeybside said:

Richards got around 10 mins at the end and didn't have much involvement but retained possession when required. Briggs I'm sorry I didn't see

Quite a lot of excitement at the club around Briggs so lets give him time. From the games I’ve watched of the 18s, the ones i hope to see in 21s more often are Lindsey, Cartwright, R.Evans & Briggs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Was this a U21s fixture?

Lashebela is 23 years old now so I would expect him to be a stand-out player in a fixture where the avg player age was probably closer to 19-20..

It would be disappointing if he DIDNT stand out....and if he doesnt stand out against significantly younger players when he is 23, what does the future hold for him at LCFC...?

Thats a poor agent behind Lashebela. 23 and still in 21s set up… piss poor management. Clearly got ability but he is a long way off a place at LCFC

2 minutes ago, Jimopinion said:

Thats a poor agent behind Lashebela. 23 and still in 21s set up… piss poor management. Clearly got ability but he is a long way off a place at LCFC

Really struggled to get into the sides and impress at both Shrewsbury and Crewe

I expect he will probably turn up at a League Two side in the summer once his contract ends

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Really struggled to get into the sides and impress at both Shrewsbury and Crewe

I expect he will probably turn up at a League Two side in the summer once his contract ends

These boys have to plan strategically instead of just signing pros at the club if there is no genuine shot a 1st team football. Maswanhise, the Pennant twins etc likely to follow in this trend. All 20 no senior appearances to their names yet keep resigning new deals at LCFC

Edited by Jimopinion
  • Like 1