Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We never promote strikers very quickly, look at Popov last season. He got about 20 goals and yet Petty refused to use him until the end of last season.

It's very odd as we paid a half decent fee for our standards for him and yet we've just kept him in the U18s for a year. I swear he only wanted out of Arsenal because they'd not been playing him in the U23s!!

....you could see he was regressing in the U18s, he seemed to not be putting in as much thought in his movements as he did before!!!

The team has always been weirdly set up, Maswanhise, and Madivadua are not given definitive positions, it is time we set up as a team, as opposed to a group of players, put together to make a team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We never promote strikers very quickly, look at Popov last season. He got about 20 goals and yet Petty refused to use him until the end of last season.

It's very odd as we paid a half decent fee for our standards for him and yet we've just kept him in the U18s for a year. I swear he only wanted out of Arsenal because they'd not been playing him in the U23s!!

Poppv should of been promoted last season. The club delayed his promotion and his development has stalled now due to injury. You would of thought petty would of given opportunities to Reece Evans or Richards (even if its appearances off bench) but the club are slow with strikers. Its different with midfielders as we have seen with Logan Briggs and Trey Nyoni. LCFC has killed promising attackers in Maswanhise and the Pennant brothers, I fear for the upcoming ones as they will have no faith in our pathways for strikers/attackers. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimopinion said:

Poppv should of been promoted last season. The club delayed his promotion and his development has stalled now due to injury. You would of thought petty would of given opportunities to Reece Evans or Richards (even if its appearances off bench) but the club are slow with strikers. Its different with midfielders as we have seen with Logan Briggs and Trey Nyoni. LCFC has killed promising attackers in Maswanhise and the Pennant brothers, I fear for the upcoming ones as they will have no faith in our pathways for strikers/attackers. 

...whether Tavares makes his way back or not, if players do not see a pathway then the option to leave becomes a calculated one!!!

Never mind the first team, the U21s need a massive change in the academy, which means a progressive new manager and a plan to get the talent in the juniors being allowed to express themselves. Petty taking over from Beaglehole has not changed our approach much to developing players for the first eleven.

I have a big problem with Braybrooke being on the bench and not getting game time, it must be a good feeling to be asked to be associated with the first team but every day he is picked for the bench, and not getting game time must have a negative impact on him.

Brighton are better ran club than us at all levels it seems. The likes of Leshabela, Flynn, Brunt and McAteer must all be in their 3rd/4th season at U21 level and should to be out on loan, if they're not good enough for League Two then time to move on. This strategy is weird and has been going on for quite some time, it's not even working as we're sat bottom of the league.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Mcateer playing as an attacking midfielder but a LB for the first team? How on earth is that suppose to help develop a player? 

I don’t really get why people think young players should be restricted to a single position. Player develops more learning a variety of positions. Acclaimed academics such as Ajax and Bayern constantly change a players position. 

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

I don’t really get why people think young players should be restricted to a single position. Player develops more learning a variety of positions. Acclaimed academics such as Ajax and Bayern constantly change a players position. 

Big difference going from a LB to CAM though, its not like hes swapping wings. Surely the youth team uses the same tactics and formations as the first team so players can easily slot in when called upon