Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

Surely there is room on the bench for a youngster now we have no back up wingers? Maswanhise is the obvious choice

Only issue is Maswanhise has done absolutely nothing for the U21s in months.

He should have been rewarded when in the form of his life and seen if that merit and confidence could have kicked on his career.

Alves honestly would have been in the matchday squads so much this latter part of the season, its so frustrating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If that is true, it's simply extraordinary. 

That will be 3 in the academy in the last 6 weeks alone.

When you look at the outgoings of the Jan window, Will Alves and maybe Sammy Bray but in particular Will A, would of got a good amount of mins. Our bench looks quite bad especially if our injury prone boys like Praet, Madders, Barnes get injuries. I guess we could be seeing Maswanhise, Pennant brothers, Wanya, Wormleighton feature in a couple Matchday squads. There is definitely opportunities for the boys. I must state I was surprised Kasey Mcateer was let go on loan. 

1 minute ago, Jimopinion said:

When you look at the outgoings of the Jan window, Will Alves and maybe Sammy Bray but in particular Will A, would of got a good amount of mins. Our bench looks quite bad especially if our injury prone boys like Praet, Madders, Barnes get injuries. I guess we could be seeing Maswanhise, Pennant brothers, Wanya, Wormleighton feature in a couple Matchday squads. There is definitely opportunities for the boys. I must state I was surprised Kasey Mcateer was let go on loan. 

Very doubtful.

Everyone knows that in order to be considered for the 1st team, you have to be ripping up your own age groups which are played at a far lower level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimopinion said:

Ben Petty might not want free up his main lads though! The u21s got a relegation fight on their hands. The 18s lads are going to have to mature quick in the coming weeks. They are going to be called upon due to major injuries in 21s

Within the context of the club, none of the above matters.

BP.. So what?

Relegated... So What?

You could tell it was bad by the way he fell. Knee goes one way and his body weight went the other.

****ing unbelievable that our two best academy prospects have both done knee ligaments in. That's ridiculously unlucky. Pray that it doesn't affect them going foward!

one day in the future we are going to get sued by a player for this aren’t we?! 

If your career was ruined and you knew our clubs methods were at fault, you’d have a chance. 

Its rare as it’s hard to prove but… wow… we are so far past coincidence. 

There’s some strength and conditioning science being ignored by the club … it’s genuinely the only answer 

Edited by Lambert09

8 minutes ago, ADE01 said:

There are 3 other ACL injuries, noting in addition Bayli just returned from one  and others with MCL so huge number in that dev squad with knee ligament injuries……..

There is a definite trend to this and it must be related to gym work.We deserve an explanation. The muscular support to the knee appears to be lacking.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ADE01 said:

There are 3 other ACL injuries, noting in addition Bayli just returned from one  and others with MCL so huge number in that dev squad with knee ligament injuries……..

I was trying to tot up who had done their ACL in the academy and I think it's nearly double figures in the last 2 years.

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

one day in the future we are going to get sued by a player for this aren’t we?! 

If your career was ruined and you knew our clubs methods were at fault, you’d have a chance. 

Its rare as it’s hard to prove but… wow… we are so far past coincidence. 

There’s some strength and conditioning science being ignored by the club … it’s genuinely the only answer 

The only person that needs suing is the Wolves player

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

The only person that needs suing is the Wolves player

In that case yes, there will always be unlucky injuries. But if you look at the sheer quantity we get... thats not just bad luck... its not just one season. I mean... this record has followed Rodgers from club to club... something in his methods is simply dangerous

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

In that case yes, there will always be unlucky injuries. But if you look at the sheer quantity we get... thats not just bad luck... its not just one season. I mean... this record has followed Rodgers from club to club... something in his methods is simply dangerous

I reckon it's all the pivoting on the knee players have to do to make sure they can quickly pass it to the person behind and or to the side of them....