Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

****ing nora! This season has been an absolute abomination with injuries, and poor form.  2 of the brightest prospects for Leicester in modern history both get ACL injuries within a month of each other.  It is either incredible bad luck or something in training for the amount we get.  I wonder if the new training ground has a problem with the soil.  It happened to Arsenal when they first moved to their new training ground.  They had a lot more tissue injuries.  Either that or the training needs to be looked at to find out why we have so many tissue injuries.  Add the 2 Achilles injuries for Ricardo and Justin, it doesn't look good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

****ing nora! This season has been an absolute abomination with injuries, and poor form.  2 of the brightest prospects for Leicester in modern history both get ACL injuries within a month of each other.  It is either incredible bad luck or something in training for the amount we get.  I wonder if the new training ground has a problem with the soil.  It happened to Arsenal when they first moved to their new training ground.  They had a lot more tissue injuries.  Either that or the training needs to be looked at to find out why we have so many tissue injuries.  Add the 2 Achilles injuries for Ricardo and Justin, it doesn't look good.

Would be interesting to hear the medical teams take on this 

• Like 1

Would be interesting to note how many ACLs have been sustained through impact or just freak injuries. 

Alves - horrible challenge 

Pereira - impact (but carried on playing?) 

Fitzhugh - unsure 

Justin - innocuous 

Barnes - innocuous 

Braybrooke - innocuous? Unfortunate? 

Who else am I missing? 

• Like 1

There needs to be a serious investigation into this now. This is wrecking promising careers and costing us genuinely more than Seagrave itself cost in squad value. It's not an exaggeration to say it may have lost two England internationals.

It's 'that' unlucky that I just don't think it can be. The odds must be akin to being hit twice by lightning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would be interesting to note how many ACLs have been sustained through impact or just freak injuries. 

Fitzhugh - unsure 

Justin - innocuous 

Barnes - innocuous 

Who else am I missing? 

Barnes was Patella injury wasn’t it not ACL? Could be wrong though. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fitzhugh - unsure 

Justin - innocuous 

Barnes - innocuous 

Who else am I missing? 

Justin did his ACL after landing funny bringing the ball down and his foot getting caught in the turf

Braybrooke looks very unfortunate in that when turning the ball has just got caught under his right leg and he has gone over on it

Just now, moore_94 said:

Justin did his ACL after landing funny bringing the ball down and his foot getting caught in the turf

Braybrooke looks very unfortunate in that when turning the ball has just got caught under his right leg and he has gone over on it

Braybrookes game is all about quick turns and movements of direction, I imagine he puts an immense amount of pressure on his knees doing that. Which is why his development has to be managed well. Including the amount of extra pressure it's put under during S&C work. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Braybrookes game is all about quick turns and movements of direction, I imagine he puts an immense amount of pressure on his knees doing that. Which is why his development has to be managed well. Including the amount of extra pressure it's put under during S&C work. 

They cant exactly account for the ball getting stuck under his leg when he makes that turn and causing him to go over on it can they?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fitzhugh - unsure 

Justin - innocuous 

Barnes - innocuous 

Who else am I missing? 

Thanawat 

Spencer Bailey-Adams

Wesley Fofana