Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

Feel a little bit out of the loop Academy wise.

Obviously we have Sammy and Alves pushing on but being hampered by injuries.

Who else would be next to push through? Who are the ones to watch for?

14 minutes ago, ACF said:

Feel a little bit out of the loop Academy wise.

Obviously we have Sammy and Alves pushing on but being hampered by injuries.

Who else would be next to push through? Who are the ones to watch for?

Nelson, Wormleighton and Stolarczyk seem to be making the most noise outside Alvez and Braybrook

Edited by Foxxed

Nelson probably will make a lovely career as a pro, not sure if that will be here. Needs his break... if Soy and a few others leave this summer then I reckon BR will have a proper proper look at him pre-season IF this current loan goes as well as I think it might.

Fingers crossed.

Mirsad Ali is meant to be unreal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The only two who have established themselves are Barnes and Dewsbury Hall in the last seven years if you exclude Chilwell. Coincidentally our longest serving players. We have a truly shocking record.

Why exclude someone who established themselves when you're listening players who established themselves? 21 year old Thomas who although isn't our first choice now should hardly be forgotten. We've had three first teamers, one young squad player and one top end Championship player. It could be better--especially if we had a manager who nurtured our academy--but I'm not sure I'd call it truly shocking.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Why exclude someone who established themselves when you're listening players who established themselves? 21 year old Thomas who although isn't our first choice now should hardly be forgotten. We've had three first teamers, one young squad player and one top end Championship player. It could be better--especially if we had a manager who nurtured our academy--but I'm not sure I'd call it truly shocking.

According to some on here even KDH is not good enough. If a club like ours cannot find PL standard players through its academy , we are in serious trouble. Our promotion of academy players over many years has been extremely poor. Hamza and now Luke have been dissmissed. Too many on here think we can sustain ourselves through the transfer market alone , that is a dangerous path to follow.

12 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Nelson probably will make a lovely career as a pro, not sure if that will be here. Needs his break... if Soy and a few others leave this summer then I reckon BR will have a proper proper look at him pre-season IF this current loan goes as well as I think it might.

Fingers crossed.

Mirsad Ali is meant to be unreal.

I like Ali, he could become a winger, he's brilliant going forward and would be great to see a left footed right winger be developed.

Trey Nyoni is another huge talent but someone mentioned other clubs sniffing.

Josh King has scored obscene amounts of goals for the U16s in the last calendar year, 30-40 odd.

• Like 1

I know I'm guilty of not following the youth/development teams very much, but I don't recall seeing Chris Popov in any squads recently. He was very very highly rated a season or so back but it all seems to have gone quiet. Anyone know what's happened with him? Is he injured? Out on loan? Or just not lived up to the expectations?

54 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I know I'm guilty of not following the youth/development teams very much, but I don't recall seeing Chris Popov in any squads recently. He was very very highly rated a season or so back but it all seems to have gone quiet. Anyone know what's happened with him? Is he injured? Out on loan? Or just not lived up to the expectations?

He, like many in the academy have a very serious long term injury.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I like Ali, he could become a winger, he's brilliant going forward and would be great to see a left footed right winger be developed.

Trey Nyoni is another huge talent but someone mentioned other clubs sniffing.

Josh King has scored obscene amounts of goals for the U16s in the last calendar year, 30-40 odd.

From what I've heard, Nyoni and Ali have both attracted attention from a rather large amount of an impressive list of clubs.

This is all third hand from someone I do a lot of work with who has a son in the Academy so it might be rubbish.