Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kiwiturk

Farewell to Lord Farquaar?

Once you have been accused of not putting 100% effort in 50/50 tackles, then your time is up at the club.  We have all seen the player he can be, but for whatever reason he has regressed, maybe he feels Rodgers treated his mate unfairly, but that is just an excuse for us to explain his downturn in form.  He's been poor for Turkey, so it can't just be our club, perhaps he's just fed up with Rodgers, the club, the city or his team mates, we just don't know what has happened behind the scenes.  All we can do is wish him the best and thank him for his time here.

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Tielemans aka Mr Dangley Foot should have gone quite a while ago then. Caglar was sacrificed on the extreme left of a 3 man defence and couldn't do it as a right footed player. He lost confidence. I'd put equal blame on the tosspot that hung him out to dry. Strange how we all raved about him a season before when played in his more familiar position 🤔. Even Liverpool were allegedly interested weren't they?

On the nail. It's irritating to see these simplistic and dismissive summations of a player who's demonstrated a significant talent but because of mismanagement has become disillusioned with the Club and wishes to leave. Talent doesn't disappear - incentive and confidence does. 

Tielemans, on the other hand, is smarter in how he's rationing out his effort. Had Söyüncü  scored the winning goal in the Cup there'd be a tidy sized clique defending his uninterest in performing at 100%.

Running down contracts is the modern way of optimising a players transfer payday. I'm sure clubs with an eye on a player assess potential rather than take performances as the sole criteria. But it's a nasty little ploy to repay the club that's paying ones wages with lackadaisical performances - completely legal but highly immoral.

I won't state anything about Rodgers in this post. He's a seasoned 'player' in these situations and the situation is too complex and muddied to call.

• Like 2

I wonder what fee we could get for him? £20m? £25m?

Only a year left on his contract. If it is the above fee then I guess we'll make a small profit on him.

But it could be valuable funds towards a CB that can give a better option alongside Fofana or Evans, someone more reliable. Or just general funding towards another position.