Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Maxwel Cornet

Just now, Stadt said:

I'd be a bit disappointed if he was our first choice given RW has been the obvious weak spot for 4 years. He's a decent player, some experience playing in England, peak age and works hard but we need a craftier winger to complement the rest of our primarily direct forwards.

Yeah that's my take to be honest. If we can't get Madueke then it might well be a decision that we quickly turn to Cornet before someone else triggers his modest release clause. 

There's not an abundance of left footed right wingers that either are attainable or that you'd say are obvious signings to come STRAIGHT in and improve us. Madueke is the one we will surely be going all out for since we missed out on Tete. If we can't get him, then I'd rather we took a gamble on one of the many talented young Brazilians that are coming through, any that are playing Copa Libertadores would mean we could get a work permit for them.

Giovani from Palmeiras

Savio from Atletico-MG

Adson from Corinthians

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah that's my take to be honest. If we can't get Madueke then it might well be a decision that we quickly turn to Cornet before someone else triggers his modest release clause. 

There's not an abundance of left footed right wingers that either are attainable or that you'd say are obvious signings to come STRAIGHT in and improve us. Madueke is the one we will surely be going all out for since we missed out on Tete. If we can't get him, then I'd rather we took a gamble on one of the many talented young Brazilians that are coming through, any that are playing Copa Libertadores would mean we could get a work permit for them.

Giovani from Palmeiras

Savio from Atletico-MG

Adson from Corinthians

Can't say I know anything about the Brazilians tbh.

I'm not totally sold on Madueke, he's only just turned 20 in fairness but the goals he scores are almost always the result of terrible Eredivisie defending. It certainly could translate into the PL his skillset is weighted so heavily towards dribbling

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Can't say I know anything about the Brazilians tbh.

I'm not totally sold on Madueke, he's only just turned 20 in fairness but the goals he scores are almost always the result of terrible Eredivisie defending. It certainly could translate into the PL his skillset is weighted so heavily towards dribbling

We need a player who can take players on, we've too few of them. I think he's the standout realistic target, ticks most boxes. His iffy season helps us get him as well IMO, I know some will raise question marks but it's been caused by a niggling injury that is common in young players. Hopefully over them just in time to be riddled with other injuries at Leicester.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Giovani from Palmeiras

Savio from Atletico-MG

Adson from Corinthians

Are we in a position were we can take a gamble, without Vardy we look pretty toothless at times last season.

I'd like us to take a approach of one for now, one for the future.

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Ok, enough puns.

Some real news on this one, there's rumours that Rodgers has made the first move and opened informal talks with the player over a coffee at Maxwells House.

Yes! enough!

Too much waffling on about him.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a player who can take players on, we've too few of them. I think he's the standout realistic target, ticks most boxes. His iffy season helps us get him as well IMO, I know some will raise question marks but it's been caused by a niggling injury that is common in young players. Hopefully over them just in time to be riddled with other injuries at Leicester.

...I have not come across anything linking us to him (Madueke) so far this window (except for FT),what exactly has happened to convince you he is available now!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have not come across anything linking us to him (Madueke) so far this window (except for FT),what exactly has happened to convince you he is available now!!!

Van Nistelrooy taken over and will promote a player he had in the PSV Jong side with him, Johan Bakayako. They already have Ritsu Doan and Bruma, it's been reported they may well be ready to let Madueke move on. Anyway, they wanted to keep him last summer but was reported a big offer would have tempted them.

He's our number 1 target.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Van Nistelrooy taken over and will promote a player he had in the PSV Jong side with him, Johan Bakayako. They already have Ritsu Doan and Bruma, it's been reported they may well be ready to let Madueke move on. Anyway, they wanted to keep him last summer but was reported a big offer would have tempted them.

He's our number 1 target.

Any idea why he hasn’t been called up for the England U21’s?