Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Our Internationals 2022/23

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is 30 y.o. and needs to get as much money as he can before his income crashes. Perfectly understandable.

In fairness I think Jannik has got his retirement sorted. He's bought one if not two of these town houses directly opposite the Copenhagen opera in the harbour sometime ago and has been renting them out. Not unreasonable to think that's up to 10k/ month in total. He does strike me as a smart bloke off the pitch, he's undoubtedly put away heaps in stocks and whatnot
image.thumb.png.dbf9a2aa7c0356524ee30105dcf77dff.png

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

In fairness I think Jannik has got his retirement sorted. He's bought one if not two of these town houses directly opposite the Copenhagen opera in the harbour sometime ago and has been renting them out. Not unreasonable to think that's up to 10k/ month in total
image.thumb.png.dbf9a2aa7c0356524ee30105dcf77dff.png

Because rich folks often tire of making more money?
He’ll milk us for all he can, and I can’t say I blame him for our poor judgment in the first instance.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

As I mused some time ago, he may have been told that he wasn’t going to be selected whether he was playing or not 

or he may have decided that money is more important to him 

i’m sorry but unless they have brendan rodgers as their manager, nobody is going to tell someone they won’t be selected no matter what they do.  The message is always go out there and earn it 

He knew what he was giving up and didn’t care, that sums up the average footballer these days. he’d be rich beyond our wildest dreams even at bournemouth but would rather put his career on hold for slightly more wealth 

Edited by Lambert09

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-fault-national-manager-pleads-leicester-use-player-done-everything-can/

Speaking at a press conference, where he was asked about the defender, the national team manager revealed his thought process.

He said, relayed by Bold: “I think a lot about Jannik, who has been a fantastic player during the time I have been national coach. He has ended up in the situation he is in through no fault of his own. He has done everything he can. I really hope Leicester find out that they can solve some of their defensive problems by using Jannik.

“He’s a skilled player and we have a lot of faith in him, but you can’t play against Croatia and France if you don’t play.”

Hjulmand also praised the Leicester City player’s attitude, who is doing ‘everything’ he can on the training pitch to remain fit, and while ‘there are no rules’ in terms of how many matches a player has to feature in before being considered for the Denmark squad, ‘it is a long period now that he has not played matches’.

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 2

England squad

Goalkeepers: Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Manchester United).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (on loan at Everton from Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice ( West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Ivan Toney (Brentford).

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Gosh that Southgate must really hate Maddison 

I think that's a given.  I thought Harrison deserved a call-up too  - he's been statistically one of the best attacking players in the league this season. 

1 minute ago, SixtiesFox said:

Rodgers as his club coach and Southgate in charge of England - Madders has no chance. The pressure to move on to a 'bigger' club will mount (no pun intended) if he wants to progress his career.

He wouldn’t  get in if he was at Man City 

28 man squad

he will leave our one defender and one attacker to get to 26

that will mean we go to Qatar with three keepers, 11 defenders and 3 holding midfielders - 17 out of 26 will be defensive players

and we will wonder why we cannot win a tight game at 1/4 final stage ….

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Those centre back options are awful since the demise of Maguire and Stones. Stones is at least coming back to form in the past few games.

Tomori, and Dier have been great this season. Not sure about Coady, but apparently he’s a brilliant leader which is definitely needed 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That squad is grotesque. So many players in there either out of form or not playing at all. I have a recurring nightmare that Gareth Southgate leaves England and becomes our manager in a few years. PWOOOOOAR

Cheers Ric, day ruined 🤣

• Haha 1