Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Our Internationals 2022/23

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Barnes, KDH, Chillwell all went out on loan and developed massively.

Luke Thomas is stagnating and in desperate need of game time.

Staying with our 1980s coaching team, playing walking pace reserve football won't develop these lads.

They were at least 19 before they went out on loan. Braybrooke has not long turned 18 I think? Will probably go out next season I reckon. 

• Like 2

On 27/09/2022 at 14:36, filbertway said:

Agreed, our loans this season have been a shambles. Not replacing Guy Branston is such a weird move. We're so tin-pot in the way we operate on some things, it's unbelievable we've managed to have the success that we have. Nigel is an absolute god for helping put the infrastructure together.

@Babylon just some evidence that stuff does get criticised before it becomes mainstream and popular :D

One could say that it takes another party to make an offer for us to send someone on loan. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One could say that it takes another party to make an offer for us to send someone on loan. 

Agreed, which is why it would be nice to have a loans manager building up reputations and offering players like our england u19 captain out on loan.  

23 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

They were at least 19 before they went out on loan. Braybrooke has not long turned 18 I think? Will probably go out next season I reckon. 

When a player is a cut above their age range, they really should be going out for me. Or, include the lad in match day squads at least and get him involved. 

There seems to be no drive to develop a coveyor belt of talent. It's like we think that having top class facilities will just make stuff work better without actually having to put any effort or thought into it. It's all very weird to me.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

He's the same age as Nelson, both March 2004, who is already on loan at Rochdale. But I guess Nelson is more developed physically so deemed better able to handle lower league football. I imagine it's tough to find a loan at CB aged only 18 so Braybrooke will probably find it easier to get a League 1 or Championship loan. Especially as he'll be 19, or almost if January window. 

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I can’t say this is the reason. Someone suggested it here, that’s all.

He was training with a league one team preseason and someone assured us he was going to Oxford. Not sure what happened there.

He’s slightly taller than Kanté and they share the position and ball retrieving skills.

He’s most probably slimmer, however, but that’ll surely change in time. I noticed he had the same physique as our winger last match.

I've not seen a huge amount of the lad I have to say.  

But I've generally been surprised at the quality of some of the league one football, it's not as technical of course but it's quicker than I assumed and the physicality of it isn't something I've particularly noticed.  So if he's as good as people say I think he'd do well at that level.  

As an aside Rak-sakyi who's a young winger on loan at Charlton from Palace looks the real deal.  

Has @Ric Flair scouted him yet I wonder.  

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Chilwell went on loan at 18. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-complete-loan-signing-10467540

I don’t think Thomas, KDH et al had the option of benefitting from Seagrave (Chilwell and Barnes definitely didn’t) though. 

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I've not seen a huge amount of the lad I have to say.  

But I've generally been surprised at the quality of some of the league one football, it's not as technical of course but it's quicker than I assumed and the physicality of it isn't something I've particularly noticed.  So if he's as good as people say I think he'd do well at that level.  

As an aside Rak-sakyi who's a young winger on loan at Charlton from Palace looks the real deal.  

Has @Ric Flair scouted him yet I wonder.  

Rak-Sakyi is indeed a very good prospect and all the more galling that Palace signed Olise and Ebiowi ahead of us when we've no left footed right winger to our name.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Few of the Women’s team called up for this window

Hannah Cain, Josie Green & Carrie Jones - Wales:

Vs. Philippines (Today, 7:30pm BBC iPlayer)

Vs. Iceland (Saturday, 7:30pm BBC iPlayer)

Vs. Scotland (Tuesday 21st, 2pm BBC iPlayer)

Sophie Howard - Scotland:

Vs. Iceland (Today, 2pm BBC iPlayer)

Vs. Philippines (Saturday, 2pm BBC iPlayer)

Vs. Wales (Tuesday 21st, 2pm BBC iPlayer)

Ashleigh Plumptre - Nigeria:

Vs. Mexico (Today, 10pm)

Vs. Colombia (Saturday, 7pm)

Vs. Costa Rica (Tuesday 21st, 11pm)

CJ Bott - New Zealand:

Vs. Portugal (Friday, 6am)

Vs. Argentina (Monday 20th, 6am)

Vs. Argentina (Thursday 23rd, 6am)

Courtney Nevin - Australia:

Vs. Czech Republic (Tomorrow, 8:10am)

Vs. Spain (Sunday, 7am)

Vs. Jamaica (Wednesday 22nd, 8:10am)

Georgia Eaton-Collins, Ruby Mace, Molly Pike & Missy Goodwin - England U23:

Vs. Spain U23 (Thursday, ?)

Vs. Belgium U23 (Monday 20th, 7pm)

Monique Robinson & Mackenzie Smith - England U19:

Vs. Germany U19 (Thursday, 5pm)

Vs. Switzerland U19 (Tuesday 21st, 1pm)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Michael O'Neill has called up Evans for his NI squad. 

That's beyond a joke. How could the club possibly release him for international duty when he's not played a single minute of football for 5 months. Probably means he won't ever play for us again as he'll probably start for NI and get injured again. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure we have had this before with him being out injured for while and just around when he is coming back there is an international break and he gets called up and plays

Depending in how he got on last week he is just about at the point where the next step is playing games for match fitness

This is from press conference last Monday before Blackburn:

“He trained with the squad this morning. It’s getting him through the week and then decide his plan after that. By the end of the week, we’ll have an idea of whether he needs game-time with the Under-21s.”

Edited by moore_94

However, Evans returned to Leicester training last week and is expected to line out for the club's under-21 team before attempting a first-team comeback.

"He's back with the (Leicester) medical team on the grass as far as I know understand now and they were hoping he'd be available to play in an under-21 game if not this week, certainly before the international break," added O'Neill.

"He's obviously massively keen to be back fit first of all for Leicester and that's a priority but equally with a player who's had the experience and obviously over 100 caps now, he's very keen that his international career is prolonged as long as possible."

Would have far more confidence in our defence if Evans was in it, especially if we move to 3 atb:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64870615

How does he get selected and manage to play(?) every international break yet can’t play for us sighted (injured)?

Tbh I’m not that fussed, he’s detrimental to our play, one of the worst offenders for tippy tappy football, feeding it back to the keeper rather than ahead of him, just find it weird he’s not even available for us between international breaks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

How does he get selected and manage to play(?) every international break yet can’t play for us sighted (injured)?

Tbh I’m not that fussed, he’s detrimental to our play, one of the worst offenders for tippy tappy football, feeding it back to the keeper rather than ahead of him, just find it weird he’s not even available for us between international breaks.

You what? lol Is this the same Evans we're on about? 

Edited by Pete52

we did this as part of his recovery last time. If the club are planning for him to pick up his fitness international football is better than under 21s. 

Im not against it if it gets him prepared for when we need him. 

Last time they followed instructions and only played him for 45 mins or something in that first game. 

Just now, Matt said:

Yep. As I went on to explain.

Literally been our best centre-back for the last 5 years, what on earth are you talking about?  

Admittedly, he probably is close to being finished playing at that level after this injury and at his age, or on the decline, at least, but you haven't seen that yet. 

To say he's detrimental to our play though is a really bizarre comment. 

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Interesting. Could that mean the injury is not as bad as first thought? I'm probably just straw grasping, I know, but good news is in such short supply at the moment.....

I’m not sure that the Danes actually realise when Brendan says 4 weeks it’s closer to 3 months.