Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Our Internationals 2022/23

Todays International Results - Saturday 11th June

EURO U21 Qualification Group E:

Wales U21 0-1 Netherlands U21

Chris Popov (6.5 - 25 mins)

UEFA Nations League Group A3:

England 0-0 Italy

James Justin (not in squad - injured)

UEFA Nations League Group A4:

Wales 1-1 Belgium

Danny Ward (not in squad - injured)

Youri Tielemans (7.6 + 1 goal - 90 mins)

Dennis Praet (5.8 - 18 mins)

Timothy Castagne (unused sub)

UEFA Nations League Group C1:

Turkey 2-0 Luxembourg

Caglar Soyuncu (7.0 + clean sheet - 90 mins)

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

England 0-0 Italy

James Justin (not in squad - injured)

Was he injured? He was training the day before. Maximum 12 on the bench, I think he just missed out.

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Youri just scored for Belgium vs Wales

Nice finish

https://streamff.com/v/662fd4

I haven't seen much of Belgium, do they utilise him further forwards than us, I can't remember many times when he's breaking into the box for us as in that clip.

I know this is one clip, I also know it's very rare we get the ball forward with any kind of intent so I'm happy to be completely wrong :P

Just now, Tuna said:

95th minute equalizer for Evans - Northern Ireland 2 Cyprus 2!

An exciting moment.  I just hope it doesn't help advance Northern Ireland into another round of this shitshow.  Let the old man have his rest!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

An exciting moment.  I just hope it doesn't help advance Northern Ireland into another round of this shitshow.  Let the old man have his rest!

its another set of 3 or 4 group games in October, but the way its looking, its just about avoiding relegation for NI, dont think theres any further games.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Was he injured? He was training the day before. Maximum 12 on the bench, I think he just missed out.

probably more a case of not risking him, maybe he'll play the game against Hungary, he's miles better than Trippier at left back

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

probably more a case of not risking him, maybe he'll play the game against Hungary, he's miles better than Trippier at left back

I wouldn't credit Southgate with that level of man management tbh.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I haven't seen much of Belgium, do they utilise him further forwards than us, I can't remember many times when he's breaking into the box for us as in that clip.

I know this is one clip, I also know it's very rare we get the ball forward with any kind of intent so I'm happy to be completely wrong :P

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-youri-tielemans-transfer-7198661

Youri Tielemans has highlighted the differences between playing for Leicester City and Belgium ahead of this year’s World Cup.

One factor in his decision could be his national team future after hinting that playing for Leicester is not conducive to adapting to Roberto Martinez’s style of play.

Tielemans has a more attacking role in the Belgium team and he may be looking to replicate that in club football to aid his game for both club and country. He also reiterated his desire to win trophies at club level, though admitted there is "nothing new" since the last update he gave on his future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-youri-tielemans-transfer-7198661

Youri Tielemans has highlighted the differences between playing for Leicester City and Belgium ahead of this year’s World Cup.

One factor in his decision could be his national team future after hinting that playing for Leicester is not conducive to adapting to Roberto Martinez’s style of play.

Tielemans has a more attacking role in the Belgium team and he may be looking to replicate that in club football to aid his game for both club and country. He also reiterated his desire to win trophies at club level, though admitted there is "nothing new" since the last update he gave on his future.

Now, I preface this by saying I am 99 percent sure Tielemans is gone, but let's face it: He has been playing much of the season without N'didi in the side, which means the entire midfield has to take up more defensive responsibilities. And as for trophies: He's been with us three years, and won two.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Now, I preface this by saying I am 99 percent sure Tielemans is gone, but let's face it: He has been playing much of the season without N'didi in the side, which means the entire midfield has to take up more defensive responsibilities. And as for trophies: He's been with us three years, and won two.

He was certainly playing further forward in the Cup Final

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Is nacho injured? Strange that hes not playing for Nigeria if not 

He's not been called up by Nigeria...

And given they beat some country I'd barely heard of (with all due respect) today 0-10 away, would surmise he wasn't really needed.

Btw, Lookman got one of those 10 goals today (vs Sao Tome), and an assist. Underachiever! lol

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

He's not been called up by Nigeria...

And given they beat some country I'd barely heard of (with all due respect) today 0-10 away, would guess he wasn't really needed.

Btw, Lookman got one of those 10 goals today (vs Sao Tome). Underachiever! lol

How has he gone from the AFCON talisman to not making the squad though? 

Poor bloke

Todays International Results - Monday 13th June

Friendly Tournament:

England Under 18 0-0 Croatia Under 18

Ben Nelson (56 mins)

Kian Pennant (70 mins)

Sammy Braybrooke (84 mins)

EURO U21 Qualification Group G:

England U21 1-2 Slovenia U21

Luke Thomas (unused sub)

UEFA Nations League Group A1:

Denmark 2-0 Austria

Kasper Schmeichel (7.3 + clean sheet - 90 mins)

Jannick Vestergaard (unused sub)

Daniel Iversen (unused sub)

AFCON Qualification Group A:

Nigeria 10-0 Sao Tome and Principe

Ademola Lookman (1 goal + 1 assist - 71 mins)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1