Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

COMPETITION: Guess when we make our first signing

Things are that bad we got an OTD on the clubs socials about a signing made 3 years ago for a player a good chunk of the fanbase despises. 

I can genuinely not see us signing a player until late July at this rate. 

Don't panic, I'm sure it will work out but it reminded me of an old Jasper Carrot Joke.

Birmingham City used to print a unique time of the match for their first goal to be scored in / on each matchday Programme like a sweepstake with a cash prize. Jasper opened his and it said "November".

Really think we need an out first and the Youri situation is a big factor and if say Soyuncu were to leave today I'd be confident of players being in by Wednesday, just sense a bit of a log jam situation at the moment and like other types of log jam we need a kind of laxative to get things moving.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Don't panic, I'm sure it will work out but it reminded me of an old Jasper Carrot Joke.

Birmingham City used to print a unique time of the match for their first goal to be scored in / on each matchday Programme like a sweepstake with a cash prize. Jasper opened his and it said "November".

Really think we need an out first and the Youri situation is a big factor and if say Soyuncu were to leave today I'd be confident of players being in by Wednesday, just sense a bit of a log jam situation at the moment and like other types of log jam we need a kind of laxative to get things moving.

The lack of outgoing transfers might partly explain why we haven't bought anybody, but I don't think it tells the whole story. I suspect we're aiming for high quality players that will improve the first team, not just the squad. Most such players will be highly sought after and will therefore have options on the table. Getting transfers like these over the line is always going to be much harder than signing a half-decent player from the lower half of the Prem or the Championship. We're aiming high, which means the transfers we seek will take longer than if we were just consolidating the squad in a couple of positions.

We are going to start the season aren't we with the same squad as last season, minus a few fringe players and possibly Tielemens.  We will then chuck a squad number at a few of our  untested under 21s and call it a day.  You saw it here first.

15 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

We are going to start the season aren't we with the same squad as last season, minus a few fringe players and possibly Tielemens.  We will then chuck a squad number at a few of our  untested under 21s and call it a day.  You saw it here first.

I hope you don't hold it against anyone, when & if you turn out to be wrong, and they remind you of this post.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I bloody hope not we have to start bringing in players soon, surely with BR stating we need to refreshen the squad with about 5 or 6 players he means quality players not just recruiting from the kids ??:ermm:

On 01/07/2022 at 17:34, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Top was at Seagrave today! This means is all happening! Monday, July 4, will be the day. :schmike:

No he just came to show a few of our players how to have a bit of quality ball control ! 

38 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

To be honest if some offered me that and a full fit squad I wouldn't be to disappointed.

Fully fit we have a very good team.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But unless something radical changes in Brendan's mantra, we won't have a fully fit squad.

I think we saw changes in approach toward the end of last season.

But not having to play 55 games will also help, playing Sunday, Thursday, Sunday is a killer. 

• Like 1

I feel sorry for @Mark, who opened  the thread, he is going to have to trawl through god knows how many posts, to identify the actual winner / winners, fair play to you, hopefully that first signing will be soon, so the winner/ winners can be announced and this thread closed.

26th July 

• Haha 1