Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know we all wanted Maddison to play but even he'd have struggled today. Firstly because Italy were defensively and organisationally sound. And secondly because England just looked dead on their feet and lost as for ways to even get the ball into the final third. 

Sometimes you can become an even better player when you don't play in the game, and Maddison missing these internationals might not be the worse thing

More and more people in the media and beyond are now beginning to question Southgates methods where before it would have been heresy too. 

I can see England not making it out of the group stages this World Cup and the wheels well and truly falling off the Southgate bandwagon.

6 hours ago, trabuch said:

Harry Kane is world class and has score more goals tha anyone for England ( apart from Rooney - who was world class)  but...

England can't score goals. If only we had had a Vardy or something
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61773302

Vardy would be wasting his time IMO. You have a team set up to get the clean sheet every game. Players selected on set piece delivery. Very few opportunities to run behind 

9 hours ago, adam said:

How bad are chamnel 4 at showing football? Load of women few have heard of, Owen and commentary by le saux.  All that was missing was jermaine jenas. Bring back Roy Keane. 

Funnily enough I don’t mind it. Zero bollocks about it. Give me that over Sky’s matey kitsch or BT’s Liverpool TV

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m sure I heard England are 2nd faves to win the World Cup?

🤷‍♂️

They might be, laying England at tournaments is one of best value bets you can make.....maybe one day you'll lose a bit of dosh but so many years of winning you could afford to lose once.

10 hours ago, Lcfcbl said:

Genuine question, I've heard the stories of Paolo Rossi and Brazil and I remember watching the 0-0 in Rome as a 9 year old which was more suspenseful than entertaining. Has there ever been a game of football with the Italian National team that has been entertaining or exciting? That doesn't just apply to games against England. It's always just bitty, scrappy, cheap fouls, dives etc. They are the worst in the world for it imo

I'd take boring and winning tournaments though, we're boring and never do.  We have the players to play on the front foot attacking entertaining football but every England manager seems to want to mould them into something they're not. 

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It makes no sense why they're playing this many games in a competiton which nobody gives a **** about 

It's a good chance to see new players though, I wouldn't mind Southgate resting most of the regular squad, i'm sure there are plenty of players who would love to play for england in this competition.

10 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I get it, the players are knackered so what's the point? Match fitness? Togetherness? Money? A chance to give Mount, Sterling etc another chance? 

Broadcast and commercial contracts. That’s the only point of these games. I read Tuesdays game is sold out. I am in disbelief. Tens of thousands paying their own money to watch some lads counting down to their vegas flight pointlessly hoof a ball about on a work night