Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

1 hour ago, Nannypig7 said:

Didn’t he join a Belgian team then go “missing”

Yeah, he's clearly got a professional attitude.

He left Belgium way too young. His entourage (family) smelled money and now they can all pick the fruits of his glorious career he has build up at 25 years old. Especially Anderlecht is good at letting go of their biggest talents like that. Look at Januzaj as well. And I think Bounida will join that list too. Maybe it's a Brussels thing. Lots of different cultures with families in foreign countries they feel the need to supply for? I don't know. 

....Mechelen comfortable winners, looking good in broken play, They seem very good on the counter!!!

If their striker wasn't so greedy they could have had a few more.

NB.

Was caught out having to do something else and did not press "submit", post now looking totally out of kilter.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update

47 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Yeah, he's clearly got a professional attitude.

He left Belgium way too young. His entourage (family) smelled money and now they can all pick the fruits of his glorious career he has build up at 25 years old. Especially Anderlecht is good at letting go of their biggest talents like that. Look at Januzaj as well. And I think Bounida will join that list too. Maybe it's a Brussels thing. Lots of different cultures with families in foreign countries they feel the need to supply for? I don't know. 

Ah yes, only “foreigners” make bad career choices young.

I read on twitter that after a month OHL apparently is pulling the plug on the Kaly Sene transfer. Basel seems to blame Grasshoppers for worsening this injury he already had last season, that was futile at first, and are thinking of further steps because they are now missing out on millions of euros.

Results and standings after week 3

Club Brugge 1-1 Zulte Waregem
KRC Genk 4-2 KAS Eupen
KV Kortrijk 0-0 STVV
Charleroi 1-3 KV Oostende
KV Mechelen 3-0 Union
Standard 2-0 Cercle Brugge
KAA Gent 2-1 Westerlo
Anderlecht 3-1 RFC Seraing
Antwerp 4-2 OH Leuven

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Antwerp  9 3 3 0 0 7 2 5
2   KRC Genk  6 3 2 1 0 9 6 3
3   Anderlecht  6 3 2 1 0 5 2 3
4   OH Leuven  6 3 2 1 0 6 4 2
5   KV Oostende  6 3 2 1 0 5 4 1
6   KAA Gent  5 3 1 0 2 5 4 1
7   Zulte Waregem  4 3 1 1 1 3 2 1
8   Club Brugge  4 3 1 1 1 5 5 0
8   Standard  4 3 1 1 1 5 5 0
10   KV Kortrijk  4 3 1 1 1 1 2 -1
11   Union  4 3 1 1 1 2 4 -2
12   KV Mechelen  3 3 1 2 0 4 4 0
13   Charleroi  3 3 1 2 0 4 5 -1
14   Westerlo  3 3 1 2 0 3 4 -1
15   KAS Eupen  3 3 1 2 0 5 8 -3
16 Cercle Brugge  3 3 1 2 0 1 4 -3
17 STVV  3 3 0 0 3 2 2 0
18 RFC Seraing  0 3 0 3 0 1 6 -5

Fixtures for week 4

Friday August 12th

KV Oostende - KAA Gent

Saturday August 13th

Westerlo - Standard
Cercle Brugge - KV Mechelen
RFC Seraing - Charleroi
Union - KV Kortrijk

Sunday August 14th

STVV - Anderlecht
KAS Eupen - Antwerp
OH Leuven - Club Brugge
Zulte Waregem - KRC Genk
Edited by Bonanza

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it all ends  4 - 2 to Antwerp. OHL may not meet a team this good for the rest of the season!!!

Great movement, great press and could have had more goals, we just could not live with their energy and ability on the ball, good game all round.

Still very early in the season, but at this point Antwerp looks like the number 1 team to win the league

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it all ends  4 - 2 to Antwerp. OHL may not meet a team this good for the rest of the season!!!

Great movement, great press and could have had more goals, we just could not live with their energy and ability on the ball, good game all round.

Think we did very well all things considered, could just as well have been 2-4. Four shots on target for Antwerp, four goals. Very clinical. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is this Pletinckx meant to be quite good? Think he was the chap who looks pretty good at parts against us?

He had quite a bad season last year at Zulte, but they had big issues in general. He's been looking very good for us so far, although he wasn't at his best against Antwerp. Only 21, 87 games in the first division before he joined us, captain at his former club at the age of 19 and Belgian youth international. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

This is a good player for OHL I think. I am a bit confused though. We have De Norre on the left back normally (at the moment def. mid) and Hamza Mendyl. So that is a third option for that position? 

I think he'll play as a CB alongside Patris and Pletickx