Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

Update on Dewaest: Seraing would be interested in signing him. Apparently OHL didn't want him, which I think is surprising cause I thought he was one of the better and more consistent players for us last season. But I understand they want to go for younger players with more potential that are faster than him as well. We found a good and promising replacement in Pletinckx. @BonanzaDo you know anything about Chakla and Shengelia?

Edited by Phugalu

37 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Update on Dewaest: Seraing would be interested in signing him. Apparently OHL didn't want him, which I think is surprising cause I thought he was one of the better and more consistent players for us last season. But I understand they want to go for younger players with more potential that are faster than him as well. We found a good and promising replacement in Pletinckx. @BonanzaDo you know anything about Chakla and Shengelia?

Shengelia is on his way out to a Turkish club .

I think Chakla can leave as well, but I don't think there are many interested clubs for him

46 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

What about Santi? He can't be that bad that they'll chuck him in the U23?

Still has to work on his stamina and conditioning.

Brys is known for taking his time with these kind of players. Santi will get his chance, but I think we'll still have to wait a bit

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Shengelia is on his way out to a Turkish club .

I think Chakla can leave as well, but I don't think there are many interested clubs for him

Chakla is a strange character. I saw him being physically rough on Keita after a game once. I don't know what has happened between them though, but still, you don't act like that.

Chakla was ok last season, but his physical presence on the field was weird. I was afraid someone would snap those two twigs under his body. He reminded me of Kaba when he ran at times too lol

The first three minutes of this vid purport to explain the Belgian leagues.

I think they were trying to be funny.  But that was doomed to failure: you can't explain the theory of relativity with a comedy skit.

Comments from you good Belgian folk?

13 hours ago, Bonanza said:

I think he'll play as a CB alongside Patris and Pletickx

Agreed, we also urgently need an upgrade there because as much as I appreciate what Ouedraogo is doing, I don't feel he has the required quality.

11 hours ago, Phugalu said:

What about Santi? He can't be that bad that they'll chuck him in the U23?

As Bonanza said, seems not ready physically. And even then, having two players for that position is no excessive luxury. Top that with the fact that Ricca can also play on the left flank, and you've got a very good deal.

I also think De Norre may stay in the middle, or even on the right. But it remains to be seen when Keita and Schrijvers come back from injury.

11 hours ago, Phugalu said:

I think that with Pletinckx, we have someone who is already better than Dewaest and I am fairly sure that the latter doesn't want to come if he's not going to be a first choice player. As said, he's too slow and not good enough of a baller to play in the right or left slot with three at the back either. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Vlietinck is on his way back to OHL... he hardly ever played the last two seasons. I dont get it, we need real wingers with pace and creativity... not wing backs.

I actually think that you need wingbacks in Brys' system. And Vlietinck was doing really well last year, until he got injured. 

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

I actually think that you need wingbacks in Brys' system. And Vlietinck was doing really well last year, until he got injured. 

But who will replace Tamari and Thorsteinsson? Shengelia is on his way out. Maertens could play on their positions, but that is it. I feel we lack technical players that can make a difference in front.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

But who will replace Tamari and Thorsteinsson? Shengelia is on his way out. Maertens could play on their positions, but that is it. I feel we lack technical players that can make a difference in front.

From what I've seen this season, both Tamari and Thor are playing the same way as last season, with a lot of defensive responsibility. I don't see why Vlietinck, Mendyll, Ricca or De norre couldn't play in their position, although they all have different qualities. 

10 hours ago, KingsX said:

The first three minutes of this vid purport to explain the Belgian leagues.

I think they were trying to be funny.  But that was doomed to failure: you can't explain the theory of relativity with a comedy skit.

Comments from you good Belgian folk?

They've got the gist of it :D

• Thanks 1

FEDERICO RICCA TO OH LEUVEN

OHL1280-019.webp

Uruguayan left-footed defender Federico Ricca signed a three-season deal today. 27-year-old Ricca comes over from Club Brugge.

Federico started playing football in his native Uruguay in 2002 with CA Maracana Tarariras and since 2011 with Danubio FC. In 2016, Ricca was transferred to FC Malaga in Spain. Three years later, in 2019, he was taken over by Club Brugge.

Ricca played 54 games for Club Brugge, of which 31 in the Jupiler Pro League, 10 in the UEFA Champions League and 3 in the UEFA Europa League. Ricca made 81 appearances for FC Malaga, 43 of which were in La Liga. Ricca already has a nice track record. With Danubio FC he became Uruguayan champion and at Club Brugge he was part of the champions team of the past three seasons.

Coach Marc Brys: “Federico Ricca brings us a lot of defensive experience and is left footed. Ricca can be played in several positions in the defense.”

• Like 2

THIBAULT VLIETINCK RETURNS TO OH LEUVEN

OHL1278-030.webp

Thibault Vlietinck (24) has signed a  permanent deal with OH Leuven after two consecutive loan spells. He comes over from Club Brugge and signs a contract for four seasons in Leuven.

Thibault Vlietinck played on loan for OH Leuven in the past two seasons, in which he played 35 games. The winger scored one goal and provided two assists. Before his loan spells, Vlietinck played 27 games for Club Brugge, 5 of which were in the UEFA Champions League.

Coach Marc Brys is happy to be able to work with Thibault Vlietinck again: “Vlietinck has already played for two seasons and we know each other through and through. Thanks to his arrival, we now have extra opportunities on the wing.”

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

THIBAULT VLIETINCK RETURNS TO OH LEUVEN

OHL1278-030.webp

Thibault Vlietinck (24) has signed a  permanent deal with OH Leuven after two consecutive loan spells. He comes over from Club Brugge and signs a contract for four seasons in Leuven.

Thibault Vlietinck played on loan for OH Leuven in the past two seasons, in which he played 35 games. The winger scored one goal and provided two assists. Before his loan spells, Vlietinck played 27 games for Club Brugge, 5 of which were in the UEFA Champions League.

Coach Marc Brys is happy to be able to work with Thibault Vlietinck again: “Vlietinck has already played for two seasons and we know each other through and through. Thanks to his arrival, we now have extra opportunities on the wing.”

....it seems previously that he has played predominantly at RB or RM but seldom at RW!!!

Very much an RB in his position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it seems previously that he has played predominantly at RB or RM but seldom at RW!!!

Very much an RB in his position.

I believe that Ricca will take Ouédraogo's spot, and Mingo will probably be second pick for the central defender left position as soon as he's fit and proves to be better than Ouédraogo. Dom and Vlietinck will be backup for Tamari. Mendyl and De Norre will be backup for Thorsteinsson. But as I stated above, none of the backups have the flair of our current wingers (I don't see them as wing backs, since I feel that they're way more offensive than last season) which I personally find a bit concerning, but I guess Brys is focussing on getting the ball asap to the opposite's backline for a cross without too much dribbling lol. Rumours are that we are to announce one more player this week, let's hope it's finally that striker.

image.png.ad1cced9d92094cdf24c34bf2f4fb17e.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

I believe that Ricca will take Ouédraogo's spot, and Mingo will probably be second pick for the central defender left position as soon as he's fit and proves to be better than Ouédraogo. Dom and Vlietinck will be backup for Tamari. Mendyl and De Norre will be backup for Thorsteinsson. But as I stated above, none of the backups have the flair of our current wingers (I don't see them as wing backs, since I feel that they're way more offensive than last season) which I personally find a bit concerning, but I guess Brys is focussing on getting the ball asap to the opposite's backline for a cross without too much dribbling lol. Rumours are that we are to announce one more player this week, let's hope it's finally that striker.

image.png.ad1cced9d92094cdf24c34bf2f4fb17e.png

The one from Genora?