Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

Poor match thanks to Brys his wonderful instructions again and some dumb silly mistakes. Never thought i would say this, but Ouédraogo was our motm. 

Pletinckx and patris were decent again. Tamari... sigh... I am tired of repeating what he keeps on repeating. Sadly the only danger comes from him, if it only were efficient. Holzhauser is a joke... did we really let Mercier go for this poor excuse of a playmaker? We need to find a replacement asap. We only have 10 players on the pitch. Malinov is also coming short to be a first team player. I can't wait to have Keita back. Cojocaru has a goal with his name on it, but played a solid game for the rest. Thorsteinsson failed to convince me once again. Maertens and De Norre were decent. Nsingi was invisible, except for that disallowed goal, but I guess someone needs to stay in front to pretend we have attackers. Anyway if we keep on playing like this for the rest of the season we will burn our asses half of the time. Brys wants a tiki taka kind of play in defence while we dont have the players for it... besides Mingo maybe since he came from Barcelona 🤣. Let's hope for a few more uplifting transfers, so Brys can get away with his strange choices.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

What a through ball and finish to open the scoring!

edit: marginal offside?  A VAR screwing?

edit 2:

1289760755_wentsouth.JPG.b3f823021a8799d1bc273bff8329307e.JPG

....it looked like a good bit of play by Ouedraogo releasing Nsingi, unlucky to have strayed offside!!!

I still wonder about Ouedraogo, if he is a converted midfielder as he is good with the ball at his feet and has an unerring pass. He has the ability to break lines with his passing. He does stand a yard or so too far off the wide attacker, which allows the cross in, without having to take him on or beating him. That aspect of his game should have been addressed by now. 

Results and standings after week 4

KV Oostende 1-3 KAA Gent
Westerlo 4-2 Standard
Cercle Brugge 0-0 KV Mechelen
RFC Seraing 0-1 Charleroi
Union 2-1 KV Kortrijk
STVV 0-3 Anderlecht
KAS Eupen 0-1 Antwerp
OH Leuven 0-3 Club Brugge
Zulte Waregem 1-4 KRC Genk

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Antwerp  12 4 4 0 0 8 2 6
2   KRC Genk  9 4 3 1 0 13 7 6
3   Anderlecht  9 4 3 1 0 8 2 6
4   KAA Gent  8 4 2 0 2 8 5 3
5   Club Brugge  7 4 2 1 1 8 5 3
6   Union  7 4 2 1 1 4 5 -1
7   Westerlo  6 4 2 2 0 7 6 1
8   Charleroi  6 4 2 2 0 5 5 0
9   OH Leuven  6 4 2 2 0 6 7 -1
9   KV Oostende  6 4 2 2 0 6 7 -1
11   KV Mechelen  4 4 1 2 1 4 4 0
12   Standard  4 4 1 2 1 7 9 -2
13   Zulte Waregem  4 4 1 2 1 4 6 -2
14   KV Kortrijk  4 4 1 2 1 2 4 -2
15   Cercle Brugge  4 4 1 2 1 1 4 -3
16 KAS Eupen  3 4 1 3 0 5 9 -4
17 STVV  3 4 0 1 3 2 5 -3
18 RFC Seraing  0 4 0 4 0 1 7 -6

Fixtures for week 5:

Friday August 19th

KAS Eupen - RFC Seraing

Saturday August 20th

KV Oostende - STVV
KRC Genk - Cercle Brugge
Antwerp - Union

Sunday August 21st

Club Brugge - KV Kortrijk
Zulte Waregem - Charleroi
Standard - OH Leuven
KV Mechelen - Westerlo
Anderlecht - KAA Gent

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

Poor match thanks to Brys his wonderful instructions again and some dumb silly mistakes. Never thought i would say this, but Ouédraogo was our motm. 

Pletinckx and patris were decent again. Tamari... sigh... I am tired of repeating what he keeps on repeating. Sadly the only danger comes from him, if it only were efficient. Holzhauser is a joke... did we really let Mercier go for this poor excuse of a playmaker? We need to find a replacement asap. We only have 10 players on the pitch. Malinov is also coming short to be a first team player. I can't wait to have Keita back. Cojocaru has a goal with his name on it, but played a solid game for the rest. Thorsteinsson failed to convince me once again. Maertens and De Norre were decent. Nsingi was invisible, except for that disallowed goal, but I guess someone needs to stay in front to pretend we have attackers. Anyway if we keep on playing like this for the rest of the season we will burn our asses half of the time. Brys wants a tiki taka kind of play in defence while we dont have the players for it... besides Mingo maybe since he came from Barcelona 🤣. Let's hope for a few more uplifting transfers, so Brys can get away with his strange choices.

...I had half an eye on the game today, every team out there wants to play it around at the back, passing it around inside their own box, why!!!

OHL is rubbish at doing it, most teams lack the composure to pull it off and it invites pressure because players are being asked to do things that they are not good at. The first goal was a travesty, our player was under pressure and was unable to put any kind of pace in the ball attempting to pass back to the keeper, we need to stop doing it right now.       Teams have coped without this need for a very long time, either we distribute the ball up the field quicker or go back to front, possession football is not everything.

We seem better on the counter and were picked apart with our backline pushed on. The ball over the top seems to be a good weapon for us or the pass between the CBs if possible.

Club Brugge seems like they have picked up where they had finished last season. Noah Lang came on, for Brugge,  but I thought he had gone elsewhere!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Defence has been awful last two games

I blame the coach for that. He said he'd change his tactic for this season, but I don't see a big difference with last season tbh. I was hoping we'd be playing more attacking in a 4231 for example. Now it's kick and rush football and hope that we're on the lucky end after 90 min. It's weasly tactics if you ask me.

• Like 2

Meanwhile Abdoul-Karim Touré left the OHL U23 to go play for SO Romorantin (French 4th Tier). Probably just not good enough, he's a 21yo fast striker with double nationality Belgian/Ivorian. Fun fact, he's the nephew of Yaya and Kolo Touré :)

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/romorantin/national-2-so-romorantin-karim-toure-a-de-qui-tenir

1.jpg

Aleksandar Buksa has joined OHL. Curious to see what he can bring to the squad. No info yet on if it's a loan or not. A second striker will join soon too, but you never know what the medical tests will bring. Apparently not one but two strikers failed them so far (including Kaly Sene).

image.png.e467c185d9f4dad3acb9665ecd9b2f3c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

Aleksandar Buksa has joined OHL. Curious to see what he can bring to the squad. No info yet on if it's a loan or not. A second striker will join soon too, but you never know what the medical tests will bring. Apparently not one but two strikers failed them so far (including Kaly Sene).

image.png.e467c185d9f4dad3acb9665ecd9b2f3c.png

Loan with buy clause according to https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-b/tmw-genoa-buksa-va-all-oh-leuven-in-prestito-con-diritto-di-riscatto-le-foto-della-firma-1719474

Results and standings after week 5

KAS Eupen 1-3 RFC Seraing
KV Oostende 0-1 STVV
KRC Genk 2-1 Cercle Brugge
Antwerp PP Union
Club Brugge 2-1 KV Kortrijk
Zulte Waregem 1-3 Charleroi
Standard 1-3 OH Leuven
KV Mechelen 5-4 Westerlo
Anderlecht PP KAA Gent

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   KRC Genk  12 5 4 1 0 15 8 7
2   Antwerp  12 4 4 0 0 8 2 6
3   Club Brugge  10 5 3 1 1 10 6 4
4   Anderlecht  9 4 3 1 0 8 2 6
5   Charleroi  9 5 3 2 0 8 6 2
6   OH Leuven  9 5 3 2 0 9 8 1
7   KAA Gent  8 4 2 0 2 8 5 3
8   KV Mechelen  7 5 2 2 1 9 8 1
9   Union  7 4 2 1 1 4 5 -1
10   Westerlo  6 5 2 3 0 11 11 0
11   KV Oostende  6 5 2 3 0 6 8 -2
12   STVV  6 5 1 1 3 3 5 -2
13   KV Kortrijk  4 5 1 3 1 3 6 -3
14   Standard  4 5 1 3 1 8 12 -4
15   Zulte Waregem  4 5 1 3 1 5 9 -4
16 Cercle Brugge  4 5 1 3 1 2 6 -4
17 RFC Seraing  3 5 1 4 0 4 8 -4
18 KAS Eupen  3 5 1 4 0 6 12 -6

Fixtures for week 6 

Friday August 26th

Charleroi - Club Brugge

Saturday August 27th

RFC Seraing - KRC Genk
Cercle Brugge - Zulte Waregem
OH Leuven - KV Oostende
STVV - KV Mechelen

Sunday August 28th

KAA Gent - Antwerp
KV Kortrijk - Standard
Union - Anderlecht
Westerlo - KAS Eupen

31 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Buska gets a chance?

I think so. Nsingi will definitly be suspended for 2 to 3 weeks after that tackle, so Buksa will be our only available striker. We also have Kuharevych, but I don't think he'll get any more playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if we send him back to Troyes before the transfer window closes...

No official announcement yet, but he joined the team in today's pregame warm-up and also joined the team and fans in the celebrations after the game. I think the signing will be announced tomorrow morning. According to Brys we can expect another striker later this week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I think so. Nsingi will definitly be suspended for 2 to 3 weeks after that tackle, so Buksa will be our only available striker. We also have Kuharevych, but I don't think he'll get any more playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if we send him back to Troyes before the transfer window closes...

No official announcement yet, but he joined the team in today's pregame warm-up and also joined the team and fans in the celebrations after the game. I think the signing will be announced tomorrow morning. According to Brys we can expect another striker later this week.

I heard Mbokani but was probably false 

On 18/08/2022 at 12:21, Pelotas said:

Meanwhile Abdoul-Karim Touré left the OHL U23 to go play for SO Romorantin (French 4th Tier). Probably just not good enough, he's a 21yo fast striker with double nationality Belgian/Ivorian. Fun fact, he's the nephew of Yaya and Kolo Touré :)

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/romorantin/national-2-so-romorantin-karim-toure-a-de-qui-tenir

1.jpg