Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

51 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I doubt it will be Mbokani. Would be a bad choice in my opinion.

I don't think we'll be going for a veteran striker at this point. He was a good striker in the past, but I think Brys will want a player that is in his prime years.

To be honest now that I have watched all 5 games I don't think it would make much of a difference who will be the striker as long as he can finish. Nsingi keeps on scoring in the few opportunities he gets, which is all he needs to do. I'd feel sad for him if he got replaced just like that. He's not envolved in the build up, neither will the new striker be. So Nsingi would get my priority as of now. Too bad he had to make such a horror tackle for no good reason. 

I'm glad Holzhauser didn't play today and for all I care he can keep his fitness level up in the U23, he will not be missed.

The team did well, although I have to admit I don't like to see my team play like they did in the first half, but I guess Brys proves everyone wrong with his tactics. It will suck against the better teams, but it seems to work against all the rest. Ricca looks like a solid choice already. Pletinckx was great, besides his passing sometimes. Ditto again for Patris, but what an assist he gave once again... he'll be the new Mercier if he keeps on going like that lol. Cojocaru proved everyone wrong with a flawless performance today. We're set for penalty shootouts in the cup at least. I still don't know what Brys keeps seeing in Malinov. He can't pass a ball, and once again he got a yellow card for his reckless tackling. It is clear that he's playing above his level. Let Gambao play instead for now.

Anyway, happy with the result today, and I think it will affect the team's morale as well.

• Like 1

To put that tackle of Nsingi into context, he actually threw himself to block the ball. It looks bad if you see it in slow motion, and it's a deserved red, but you don't have to make it into more than that.

And to be fair, it may have had to do with frustration as well since a Standard player just stood on his ankle five minutes prior and did not even get a yellow. Horrible referee yesterday, ridiculously biased.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

To put that tackle of Nsingi into context, he actually threw himself to block the ball. It looks bad if you see it in slow motion, and it's a deserved red, but you don't have to make it into more than that.

And to be fair, it may have had to do with frustration as well since a Standard player just stood on his ankle five minutes prior and did not even get a yellow. Horrible referee yesterday, ridiculously biased.

True. The level of refereeing has become poor in the last decade.

Meanwhile Club Brugge has an interest in buying Maertens if Vanaken leaves them for West Ham. I truly hope he stays.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Straight red. Disgusting tackle

...his momentum carried him through to make contact, misjudged tackle but he was unlucky that contact was made!!!

A lot of hard tackles and players overacting in that game, two red cards issued, lots of flare ups and players having to be seperated a very contentious game.

• Like 1

It's official:

Polish attacker Aleksander Buksa is coming to OH Leuven. The 19-year-old striker comes for one season on a loan basis from the Italian Genoa FC with an option to buy.

20220819d5__0043.webp

Alekander Buksa started playing football at Bronowianka Krakau and Akademia Pilkarska 21 formed in 2014 to join the Polish top club Wisla Krakau. He got his first playing minutes in the Polish Ekstraklasa in 2019 and played 39 games for Wisla Krakau.

Buksa transfered to Italian Genoa FC in 2021, where he played football for the U19 team in the Primavera 1 series. He also played four games in Serie A. Aleksander has played through all the Polish national youth leagues and is the forward of the Polish U19 national team.

Coach Marc Brys is satisfied with his new striker. “I'm glad we can add Aleksander Buksa to our squad. Buksa is a great talent with enormous potential.”

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Mathieu Maertens might be on his way out.

We rejected Club Brugge's 1st bid of €1.250.000, but apparently they've already made a 2nd offer

Would be sad this. Been there awhile and has just been made captain 🥲

17 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Mathieu Maertens might be on his way out.

We rejected Club Brugge's 1st bid of €1.250.000, but apparently they've already made a 2nd offer

1.25M for Maertens? What a joke. He rarely has a bad day for us. I would ask at least 3M for him. Does he really want to go there to warm the bench? He's our captain and a key player for the way we play. His girlfriend is also from the area. I also think he feels that we can achieve more this season than last season, and maybe even a european spot where he would play in those matches. There's no use to sit on the bench against Atlético Madrid. Let's hope he stays, he would be a big miss for our team.

20 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

1.25M for Maertens? What a joke. He rarely has a bad day for us. I would ask at least 3M for him. Does he really want to go there to warm the bench? He's our captain and a key player for the way we play. His girlfriend is also from the area. I also think he feels that we can achieve more this season than last season, and maybe even a european spot where he would play in those matches. There's no use to sit on the bench against Atlético Madrid. Let's hope he stays, he would be a big miss for our team.

As far as I know, we haven't accepted even a second bid. He's got a three year contract until 2025, and is one of our most important players. If he goes, it'll not be for peanuts. 

That said, I don't think he's going to Brugge unless Vanaken moves to West Ham, which still looks very unlikely considering the gap between what Brugge wants and what West Ham is willing to offer.

That you're building up from the back after you drop 0-1 behind is beyond me. I'm glad they understood the crowd's message after the whistle concert. As if Oostende will come and get the ball while they're leading... I would let us pass the ball around in the box as well. It doesn't make any sense.

Based on the 2nd half we deserved a draw, but luck was on our side today. I'm happy to see there's a team spirit to fight back when things go south at least. Malinov impressed me today and was MoTM together with Cojocaru for me. El Pistolero is an upgrade from Nsingi, that much is clear. He was more involved than Nsingi has been so far. I hope he can learn from him. 

Our defense wasn't as organised today, which cost us a goal. Media claim that Cojocaru made a bad interference, but at least he was there to save first shot. What were our defenders doing?

Tamari was horrible again... he'll never learn. He keeps on diving and wasting chances...

Does anyone know why he was walking around on the field like an angry and upset child after the game while the rest of the team were greeting the fans? 

Would Maertens still leave for Club Brugge? It kinda felt he was saying goodbye today... 

Edited by Phugalu

1 minute ago, Phugalu said:

That you're building up from the back after you drop 0-1 behind is beyond me. I'm glad they understood the crowd's message after the whistle concert. Based on the 2nd half we deserved a draw, but luck was on our side today. I'm happy to see there's a team spirit to fight back when things go south at least. Malinov impressed me today and was MoTM together with Cojocaru for me. El Pistolero is an upgrade from Nsingi, that much is clear. He was more involved than Nsingi has been so far. I hope he can learn from him. 

Our defense wasn't as organised today, which cost us a goal. Media claim that Cojocaru made a bad interference, but at least he was there to save first shot. What were our defenders doing?

Tamari was horrible again... he'll never learn. He keeps on diving and wasting chances...

Does anyone know why he was walking around on the field like an angry and upset child after the game while the rest of the team were greeting the fans? 

Would Maertens still leave for Club Brugge? It kinda felt he was saying goodbye today... 

They still did it even after the whistles, actually. It was not the building from the back that caused the booing, but the fact that they weren't building but just pinging it around. All props to Oostende who were positionally perfect at that point in the game. 

Tamari was indeed his usual self. This always happens after he plays a good game. Could have had two assists if he had just tapped it wide both in the first and second half but no, he has to go for goal. Not to mention the dives, indeed. 

I don't think Maertens is going, there have been several (well informed) journalists who said that there's nothing serious at the moment. And since West Ham just signed Paqueta, it looks like Vanaken is staying put in Brugge. 

Results and standings after week 6

Charleroi 1-3 Club Brugge
RFC Seraing 0-4 KRC Genk
Cercle Brugge 1-1 Zulte Waregem
OH Leuven 2-1 KV Oostende
STVV 3-1 KV Mechelen
KAA Gent 1-2 Antwerp
KV Kortrijk 0-1 Standard
Union 2-1 Anderlecht
Westerlo 0-1 KAS Eupen

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   KRC Genk  15 6 5 1 0 19 8 11