Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

55 minutes ago, Pelotas said:

Anderlecht has a busy schedule, playing Gent midweek.

Yep, and they already had a busy week now with a midweek European game that went all the way to penalties and a rough physical game (which they lost) against Union.

Seems like we ditched Kukharevych last minute. Guess with Gonzalez now in and Nsingi doing well he was eager to go elsewhere, unlucky to leave without a single goal scored, had the feeling he was improving tbh. Loaned by Troyes to Hibernian now...

• Like 1

New singing!

SOFIAN KIYINE signs for OH LEUVEN

24-year-old midfielder Sofian Kiyine comes over from Lazio Roma and signs a contract for four seasons in Leuven. Kiyine was born and raised in Verviers, Liège, and has Moroccan nationality in addition to Belgian.

Sofian Kiyine started playing football at the age of 12 at the Jean-Marc Guillou Academy in Lier, but switched to the youth academy of Standard Liège after only two seasons. At 17, Kiyine left for Italy, where he first played for Chievo Verona and made 30 Serie A appearances. In 2017, he was loaned out to US Salernitana for the first time.

In 2019 Kiyine transferred to Lazio Roma. They in turn also loaned him out to Salernitana. He played a total of 72 games for the club, scoring 13 goals. Last season Sofian played 28 matches in the Serie A and this time on loan at Venezia FC. He was a teammate of ex-OH Leuven player Thomas Henry. After all these years in Italy, Sofian now returns to Belgium.

Coach Marc Brys is delighted with the arrival of Sofian Kiyine. “Sofian fits perfectly into our way of playing. He is technical, strong in duels, has a good pass and a large radius of action. His experience in Italian football also brings something extra to our core.”

OHL1291-021.webp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

It is.

Player recruitment has been a real problem at OHL for a very long time. We all thought this would change when King Power took over, but it didn't. Until now! 

In April our club got rid of Director of Football Wim De Corte and completely changed our appoach at player recruitment. Instead of bringing in downright average players on loan, we signed a lot of promising young players on permanent deals. This will give us the opportunity to start building a squad that can grow in the upcoming years and can really compete for European football.

Really happy with how things are going!

I get the same feeling Bonanza does. It feels like we finally brought in the players we needed to step up to challenge for more. I do have trust in Brys his management skills and people skills and eye for talent, but it always takes a while before it kicks in... especially if you see our building up from the back thingy that is going on at the moment lol. But in the end he's been making the right decisions so far. And I'm happy we got rid of De Corte, that's our best transfer of this summer. It is so much better when Brys gets to choose the players himself for his system. No more panic loans and buys like Kaba, Rezaei, Kuharevych, De Sart, ... 

I might even go as bold as saying we can adjust our target to a top 6 spot if we can stay consistent. Our scoring problem from last season is gone now. If our defensive errors get smoothed out we can achieve that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

I get the same feeling Bonanza does. It feels like we finally brought in the players we needed to step up to challenge for more. I do have trust in Brys his management skills and people skills and eye for talent, but it always takes a while before it kicks in... especially if you see our building up from the back thingy that is going on at the moment lol. But in the end he's been making the right decisions so far. And I'm happy we got rid of De Corte, that's our best transfer of this summer. It is so much better when Brys gets to choose the players himself for his system. No more panic loans and buys like Kaba, Rezaei, Kuharevych, De Sart, ... 

I might even go as bold as saying we can adjust our target to a top 6 spot if we can stay consistent. Our scoring problem from last season is gone now. If our defensive errors get smoothed out we can achieve that.

....said that you could be a top 6 team before the season started!!!

So far looking very good, and Brys seems to be getting results at the moment. Can't wait for the left winger to get involved, we are still a bit too open at times but we have goals in us. Tamari seems to be drifting into the half-spaces, which is better as he is not very productive when out wide.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....said that you could be a top 6 team before the season started!!!

So far looking very good, and Brys seems to be getting results at the moment. Can't wait for the left winger to get involved, we are still a bit too open at times but we have goals in us. Tamari seems to be drifting into the half-spaces, which is better as he is not very productive when out wide.

I still don't think we're top 6 material to be honest, but I do believe we could finish in the top 8 and secure a spot in Playoff 2. A top 10 finish is the bare minimum in my opinion.

The Belgian transfer window closes on September 6th at 23:59, so we could still see some incoming and outgoing players. Mathieu Maertens is was linked to Club Brugge, but I don't know how things stand at the moment. Rumour has it we're looking to move Malinov and Chakla. We might also sign a new winger as the guy we signed today, while he can play as a left winger, is more of a CAM.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

As long as leuven is progressing I suppose the point I’m making is invalid but find it so so odd we haven’t even loaned a promising youth player like braybrooke to you! Seems the last group of Leicester players to leuven was the final straw!

I still think it could happen in the future, but only if all parties involved benefit from a loan deal. There's no use to send a player to Leuven if the lad doesn't play regular football for us. 

• Like 2

Results and standings after week 7

Club Brugge 4-0 Cercle Brugge
KRC Genk 0-0 STVV
KAS Eupen 0-1 KV Kortrijk
KV Mechelen 2-3 RFC Seraing
Standard 1-0 KV Oostende
Anderlecht 2-2 OH Leuven
Antwerp 3-0 Westerlo
Charleroi 2-1 KAA Gent
Zulte Waregem 1-3 Union

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD