Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

Holzhauser already on his way out? I wonder what Brys was thinking when he went for Holzhauser's profile in his tactic. He's for from dynamic. Anyway he's on a high wage, we can use that a lot better than letting it waste away on the bench.

https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/677358/holzhauser-al-weg-bij-ohl?fbclid=IwAR390ZnfNlnB9kRQAoJrRF2C1YRuX6FAww22PHukzbbmLhNP9Ci2VHEkWF8

Edited by Phugalu

On 07/09/2022 at 13:45, Bonanza said:

OUT: 

Name Position Age New club Fee
Alex RUNARSSON GK 26 Arsenal (ENG) End of loan
Rafael ROMO GK 31 D.C. United (USA) End of contract
Kawin THAMSATCHANAN GK 31 Muangthong United (THA) Free
Cenk OZKACAR CB 20 Lyon (FRA) End of loan
Sebastien DEWAEST CB 30 KRC Genk (BEL) End of loan
Toon RAEMAEKERS CB 21 KV Mechelen (BEL) End of contract
Alexis DE SART CM 24 Antwerp (BEL) End of loan
Xavier MERCIER CAM 31 Ferencvaros (HUN) 500.000 €
Yanick AGUEMON LW 29 Virton (BEL) End of contract
Levan SHENGELIA RW 25 Panetolikos (GRE) Free
Sory KABA ST 25 Midtjylland (DEN) End of loan
Kaveh REZAEI ST 32 Tractor FC (IRN) End of contract
Mykola KUHAREVYCH ST 20 Troyes (FRA) Loan cancelled
Daan VEKEMANS ST 22 Lierse (BEL) End of contract
Arthur ALLEMEERSCH ST 20 TOP Oss (NLD) End of contract

Total income 500.000 €

Just out of interest:

• Runarsson was now loaned out by Arsenal (ENG) to Alanyaspor (TUR)
  • Romo actually alreayd left in April, so technically not summer transfer window but that's nitpicking I know :D
  • Özkacar now loaned out by Lyon (FRA) to Valencia (ESP)
  • Dewaest still stuck in Genk (BEL), contract until 2023. Soon to be released or loaned to a market still open?
  • Raemaekers played for Mechelen (BEL) but in the end got loaned to Lierse Kempenzonen (BEL, div 2)
  • De Sart now loaned by Antwerp (BEL) to RWDM (BEL, div 2)
  • Kaba now first team again at Midtjylland (DEN)
  • Kukharevych now loaned by Troyes (FRA) to Hibernian (SCO)

+ as you said, Holzhauser might be on the go still. For him and Dewaest some of the most relevant countries with markets still open: Turkey/Russia 8 September, Australia 13 Sept, Greece/Serbia 15 Sept, Bosnia & Herzegovina/Saudi Arabia 16 Sept

Oh and forgot two:

* Cedric Gbo never played for OHL but was loaned from Jan to Jun, he returned to Espérance Tunis.

* Ilyas Lefrancq was signed by KV Mechelen after his one time 15 min impressive appearance at the end of last season.

Edited by Pelotas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Transfer window closed. In my opinion our best window in over a decade!

Little summary:

IN:

Name Position Age Previous club Fee Contract expires
Valentin COJOCARU GK 26 Dnipro (UKR) Free June 2025
Nordin JACKERS GK 25 SK Beveren (BEL) Free June 2026
Thibault VLIETICK RB 25 Club Brugge (BEL) Free June 2026
Joren DOM RB 32 Beerschot (BEL) Free June 2024
Ewoud PLETICKX CB 21 Zulte Waregem (BEL) 750.000 € June 2026
Federico RICCA CB 27 Club Brugge (BEL) Free June 2025
Santi RAMOS MINGA CB 20 Barcelona B (ESP) Free June 2025
Hamza MENDYL LB 24 Schalke 04 (GER) Free June 2025
João GAMBOA CDM 26 Estoril (POR) Free June 2025
Sofian KIYINE CM 24 Lazio Roma (ITA) 1.600.000 € June 2026
Raphael HOLZHAUSER CAM 29 Beerschot (BEL) Free June 2024
Jon Dagur THORSTEINSSON LW 23 Aarhus (DEN) Free June 2025
Mario GONZALEZ ST 26 SC Braga (POR) Loan June 2023
Aleksander BUKSA ST 19 Genoa (ITA) Loan June 2023

Total spend 2.350.000 €  

...and while we're at it. Contract lengths for full squad:

• 2023: Ngawa, González, Malinov, Ouedraogo, Ravet, Al-Tamari, Buksa, Nsingi
  • 2024: Dom, Holzhauser, Schrijvers, Chakla
  • 2025: Cojocaru, Jackers, Ricca, De Norre, Maertens, Thorsteinsson, Gamboa, Mendyl, Ramos Mingo, Keita
  • 2026: Vlietinck, Kiyine, Pletinckx
  • 2027: Patris

+ youth players with deal longer than 2023:

• 2024: Tahara, Taildeman, Schingtienne
  • 2025: Sagrado, Shkurti

• Thanks 1

4th placed Leuven have just kicked off at home against Charleroi who are 7th and 1 point behind.

Their last result was a 2-1 home win against Gent, top scorers this season are Zaroury and Morioka who are both on 2, and their highest rated player so far this season in the league is centre mid Adem Zorgane.

The results between these 2 last season were a 1-1 draw at home (where Thomas Henry scored his last goal for Leuven before moving to Venezia), and a 3-0 Leuven win away

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

We fully deserved that win today. The team played great. They're building on the confidence from last weekend against Anderlecht. 

I believe Brys made the substitute of the year today when bringing on  both Holzhauser and Gonzalez. Their first touches were an assist and a goal, amazing! Holzhauser was out of breath after a few sprints though, but when we need a freekick or cornerkick he's our man. Someone please check that guy for corona, cause he was already grasping for air after a few min on the pitch from a few runs. I don't have any other explanation for it.

MotM for me was Maertens he gave his all the entire game, but El Pistolero gets a close second spot. If I could choose a non player for MotM it would be our fans behind the goal. We are lucky to have them to spur on the team, even when things go bad, for an entire game. The guy on the drum is literaly standing with his back towards the pitch for the entire 90min to keep the fire going. He doesn't see a minute of the game. That's dedication!

And don't believe the hype! Tamari was shit! Too many bad choices again. One good game every 4 games and he thinks he's the man. He doesn't even come and greet the fans anymore because he's sulking about his performance or cause of a booboo...He doesn't deserve the fans' praise... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

good 3-2 win-Gonzalez looked good

...Holzhauser is definitely needed in that team, he provides creativity and just takes the tension out of games!!!

He made some incisive passes, starting the move that lead to the winning goal. He can open up teams, thread passes to that helps our wide forwards. 

• Like 2

Results and standings after week 8 

STVV 1-2 Standard
KV Kortrijk 1-4 KV Mechelen
RFC Seraing 0-2 Club Brugge
KV Oostende 1-0 KAS Eupen
OH Leuven 3-2 Charleroi
Westerlo 2-1 Anderlecht
Cercle Brugge 0-2 Antwerp
Union 1-2 KRC Genk
KAA Gent 2-0 Zulte Waregem

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Antwerp  24 8 8 0 0 19 5 14
2   KRC Genk  19 8 6 1 1 21 9 12
3   Club Brugge  19 8 6 1 1 19 7 12
4   OH Leuven  16 8 5 2 1 16 13 3
5   KAA Gent  14 8 4 2 2 13 9 4
6   Union  13 8 4 3 1 12 13 -1
6   Standard  13 8 4 3 1 12 13 -1
8   Charleroi  12 8 4 4 0 13 13 0
9   Anderlecht  10 8 3 4 1 12 9 3
10   KV Mechelen  10 8 3 4 1 16 15 1
11   STVV  10 8 2 2 4 7 8 -1
12   Westerlo  9 8 3 5 0 13 16 -3
13   KV Oostende  9 8 3 5 0 8 11 -3
14   KV Kortrijk  7 8 2 5 1 5 11 -6
15   KAS Eupen  6 8 2 6 0 7 14 -7
16 RFC Seraing  6 8 2 6 0 7 16 -9
17 Zulte Waregem  5 8 1 5 2 7 15 -8
18 Cercle Brugge  5 8 1 5 2 3 13 -10

Fixtures for week 9 

Friday September 16th

Antwerp - RFC Seraing

Saturday September 17th

KV Mechelen - OH Leuven
Zulte Waregem - STVV
Cercle Brugge - KV Oostende
Charleroi - Westerlo

Sunday September 18th

KRC Genk - KAA Gent
KAS Eupen - Union
Standard - Club Brugge
Anderlecht - KV Kortrijk
  • Like 2

On 10/09/2022 at 23:50, sacreblueits442 said:

...Holzhauser is definitely needed in that team, he provides creativity and just takes the tension out of games!!!

He made some incisive passes, starting the move that lead to the winning goal. He can open up teams, thread passes to that helps our wide forwards. 

Yeh if only he would do some running as well :frusty:

On 10/09/2022 at 23:49, Phugalu said:

I believe Brys made the substitute of the year today when bringing on  both Holzhauser and Gonzalez. Their first touches were an assist and a goal, amazing!

Other sub Ouedraogo gave the assist for the 3-2 as well... crazy.

31 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Will Sofian Kiyine get into the team soon?  Looks like a lot of money was spent to get him from Lazio

At this point in time I don't think he'll be able to get a first team spot. He's the same type of player as Maertens I think who likes to go deep. My guess is that he was bought in case Maertens would leave, so we have a good backup for now. I can't find anywhere how much OHL paid for him though. Can't be too much since he was loaned out every season since he joined Lazio.

Malinov and De Norre have more defensive profiles. With Keita and Schrijvers returning soon as well it's gonna be a hard fought battle to get into the first team. 8 players for 3 spots.

But as Brys mentioned already, we don't really have first team players nor subs, which is kinda the strength of our team at the moment. They are all willing to fight for each other... maybe not Tamari though hahaha... yeah I really don't like that fella :devil:

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

At this point in time I don't think he'll be able to get a first team spot. He's the same type of player as Maertens I think who likes to go deep. My guess is that he was bought in case Maertens would leave, so we have a good backup for now. I can't find anywhere how much OHL paid for him though. Can't be too much since he was loaned out every season since he joined Lazio.

Malinov and De Norre have more defensive profiles. With Keita and Schrijvers returning soon as well it's gonna be a hard fought battle to get into the first team. 8 players for 3 spots.

But as Brys mentioned already, we don't really have first team players nor subs, which is kinda the strength of our team at the moment. They are all willing to fight for each other... maybe not Tamari though hahaha... yeah I really don't like that fella :devil:

i disagree.

I think Kiyine will be in the starting lineup in a few weeks time, replacing Malinov. I really doubt we brought him in to be a bench player.

53 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

i disagree.

I think Kiyine will be in the starting lineup in a few weeks time, replacing Malinov. I really doubt we brought him in to be a bench player.

Judging by his videos he seemed more of an offensive player too me. But I could be wrong. Malinov did ok in the last two games, but he's too much of a liability. In that case I'm curious to see him replacing Malinov. He's a box to box than?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bonanza said:

i disagree.

.. surely two totally different players, playing in different positions!!!

Kiyine very much plays as an AM, he appears to function 40 or so yards from goal,Malinov is a DM without the ability on the ball to go forward, he is more of an enforcer. 

Kiyine has skills, very greedy, has the same mentality as Tamari, perhaps even worse and you really do not want two such egos on the pitch at the same time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Judging by his videos he seemed more of an offensive player too me. But I could be wrong. Malinov did ok in the last two games, but he's too much of a liability. In that case I'm curious to see him replacing Malinov. He's a box to box than?

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. surely two totally different players, playing in different positions!!!

Kiyine very much plays as an AM, he appears to function 40 or so yards from goal,Malinov is a DM without the ability on the ball to go forward, he is more of an enforcer. 

Kiyine has skills, very greedy, has the same mentality as Tamari, perhaps even worse and you really do not want two such egos on the pitch at the same time.

Replacing was the wrong word to use to be honest. I just meant Malinov will go to the bench and Kiyine will come into the starting 11. Casper De Norre will be our CDM, Maertens will plays as our box-to-box midfielder while Kiyine will be our CAM.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bonanza said:

i disagree.

Same. Was already on the bench vs Charleroi, probably simply not match fit yet.

Edited by Pelotas
  • Like 1