Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

44 minutes ago, Staff said:

Have Leuven made any more signings? Noticed no Debast yesterday 👀

We have no Debast in our team mate :). That would be an Anderlecht player. We have made just one signing so far, and I'm hoping we can finally sign that norwegian replacement for Tamari and that towering defender they have been talking about. I think it will be on deadline day per usual than? The striker feels like a panic buy to be honest. If he is scouted as well as they did with Buksa we won't see any of him at Den Dreef.

18 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

We have no Debast in our team mate :). That would be an Anderlecht player. We have made just one signing so far, and I'm hoping we can finally sign that norwegian replacement for Tamari and that towering defender they have been talking about. I think it will be on deadline day per usual than? The striker feels like a panic buy to be honest. If he is scouted as well as they did with Buksa we won't see any of him at Den Dreef.

Haha who the hell am I thinking of 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Dewaest was on loan, went back to Genk, and now moved on to AEL Limassol!!!

Ah you meant Dewaest. Good strong defender, I would have kept him, but he is on the slow side so I can understand why they didn't purchase him.

• Thanks 1

Results and standings after week 23

Standard 3-1 KAS Eupen
Westerlo 2-0 KV Mechelen
KV Kortrijk 2-2 KV Oostende
OH Leuven 1-1 STVV
Charleroi 0-1 Union
Anderlecht 0-0 Antwerp
Cercle Brugge 3-2 KAA Gent
Zulte Waregem 1-2 Club Brugge
KRC Genk 4-0 RFC Seraing

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   KRC Genk  58 22 19 2 1 56 19 37
2   Union  52 23 16 3 4 46 24 22
3   Antwerp  46 23 14 5 4 42 23 19
4   Club Brugge  40 23 11 5 7 42 29 13
5   KAA Gent  38 23 11 7 5 39 24 15
6   Standard  37 23 11 8 4 37 29 8
7   Westerlo  34 23 10 9 4 44 39 5
8   Cercle Brugge  33 23 9 8 6 32 32 0
9   STVV  32 23 8 7 8 24 25 -1
10   OH Leuven  31 23 8 8 7 37 34 3
11   Anderlecht  28 23 8 11 4 31 32 -1
12   Charleroi  27 22 8 11 3 28 35 -7
13   KV Mechelen  25 22 7 11 4 30 40 -10
14   KV Kortrijk  22 23 6 13 4 26 44 -18
15   KAS Eupen  20 22 6 14 2 28 46 -18
16 Zulte Waregem  20 23 5 13 5 30 48 -18
17 KV Oostende  18 23 5 15 3 25 51 -26
18 RFC Seraing  15 23 4 16 3 21 44 -23

Fixtures for week 24

Friday February 3th

KV Oostende - Anderlecht

Saturday February 4th

Cercle Brugge - Standard
KAS Eupen - Westerlo
RFC Seraing - OH Leuven
STVV - KV Kortrijk

Sunday February 5th

Antwerp - Club Brugge
KV Mechelen - Charleroi
KAA Gent - KRC Genk
Union - Zulte Waregem
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBoxes said:

How advance does OHL sell tickets? Looking at coming over in end of February or March.

I believe you can buy tickets about 2 weeks in advance. Our games are never "sold out" so tickets are fairly easy to come by.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

wonder if Brys will actually play him, he didn't seem to want our loanees before?

You never know with Brys, but apparently Opoku has been training with our 1st team squad for a couple of weeks now and has made a good impression.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will depend on whether or not he's good enough. The reason Brys never played Leicester's other loanies was quite simply because they were seriously lacking. Only exception being Sowah, and Iversen who had the bad luck of getting injured at the wrong time iirc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shane said:

How is Louis Patris getting on? Looked decent playing at RB against STVV. His speed is insane, unlucky not to score.

Had some ups and downs this season but I feel he's getting better and better. Has both pace and length, and not a bad footballer either. I actually prefer him in central defense but he's doing a great job on the flank.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I know he was out for a fair bit at the start of the season but what has happened here?

Is he not still quite highly rated?

Completely mismanaged by Brys in my opinion.

Mandela was injured for quite some time, but has returned since the beginning of October. His game time was very limited (5 minutes, 12 minutes, 7 minutes,...) and during those minutes his performance was quite bad (which is normal after such a bad injury). Seems like he grew frustrated with the lack of chances he's been getting after his return from injury.

Absolutely disgusted!

Brys OUT!!!!!!

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Mandela was injured for quite some time, but has returned since the beginning of October. His game time was very limited (5 minutes, 12 minutes, 7 minutes,...) and during those minutes his performance was quite bad (which is normal after such a bad injury). Seems like he grew frustrated with the lack of chances he's been getting after his return from injury.

Absolutely disgusted!

Brys OUT!!!!!!

The story is a bit more nuanced than that. He actually started in the cup against Kortrijk, where he was a disaster. He then started in the league game against Kortrijk, where he again didn't play well. Nontheless, he started again in the next game in Westerlo where he once again played very badly and was rightfully substituted at half time. His disappointing performances, in my opinion, have nothing to do with his injury but more so with a feeling of arrogance when on the pitch. Easy passes going astray, getting dispossessed way too easily,...

That said, I know from some very credible sources that he actually forced the move to Antwerp himself, and that OHL had to drive a very hard bargain to even manage a decent future fee (reportedly 10M). 

This has nothing to do with Brys. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Absolutely disgusted!

Brys OUT!!!!!!

there are times that i question if Brys is just brendan in a hat. 

were there definitely 2 managers when we played you in pre-season?!? 🤔

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

The story is a bit more nuanced than that. He actually started in the cup against Kortrijk, where he was a disaster. He then started in the league game against Kortrijk, where he again didn't play well. Nontheless, he started again in the next game in Westerlo where he once again played very badly and was rightfully substituted at half time. His disappointing performances, in my opinion, have nothing to do with his injury but more so with a feeling of arrogance when on the pitch. Easy passes going astray, getting dispossessed way too easily,...

That said, I know from some very credible sources that he actually forced the move to Antwerp himself, and that OHL had to drive a very hard bargain to even manage a decent future fee (reportedly 10M). 

This has nothing to do with Brys. 

We're talking about a 20-year old lad here! One of the biggest talents to come out of our youth rangs. Last year he was a regular starter and one of our better players, but of course we don't have the patience to get him back at his former level...

You make it seem like Keita has been playing regular minutes since his return from injury. That's simply not true. 6 minutes in his first game back after injury versus Waregem, 0 minutes vs Genk, 21 vs Eupen, 13 vs STVV, 5 vs Gent, 48 vs Cercle Brugge, 24 vs Seraing, 65 in the Cup vs Kortrijk, 0 vs Club Brugge, 69 vs Kortrijk in the league and 45 vs Westerlo. The last 3 games (Eupen, Union and STVV) he sat on the bench for 90 minutes! This is not regular football in my book. It's simply not enough to get match fit!

I agree that he didn't perform well during the little game time he recieved but again: we're talking about a 20-year old lad who returned from injury. Give him some time! Furthermore, the rest of the team hasn't performed well in the last month or so. But sure, let's single out Keita...

You say this has nothing to do with Brys. I disagree! This has everything to do with Brys! It's his job as manager to get his players into shape and to get the best out of his players. Why else would you need a manager????

It does seem like Keita forced the move to Antwerp himself. I think he wanted to get away from this sad excuses for a manager who clearly isn't capable the get him back to his old level!

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

I doubt Antwerp will pay 10million for Keita. It is a loan to please Keita, maybe it will do him some good to see that he needs to work just as hard somewhere else to be part of the first team. At Antwerp the playtime won't drop into his lap either. OHL made a good deal with those 10million. If Antwerp really wants to pay that for a player that has everything to prove still than OHL should be happy. It would be a massive sum for a small club like OHL. If not we still get a talented player back after this season with a more down to earth attitude. OHL wins in both cases if you ask me. And who knows maybe another youngster steps up to fill the spot.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 2