Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

Is he any good?

I hope he's better than the Thai goalkeeper (Kawin) we had a couple of years ago...

Pretty sure he is the highest rated and highest valued young Thai player in the world at the moment

Below which @CloudFox found is a very good scouting report on him

https://asianfootball.org/2023/01/25/suphanat-mueanta-data-scouting-report/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://sportwitness.co.uk/player-says-hes-not-heard-anything-leicester-future-no-idea-hell-play-next-season/

Player hasn’t “heard anything” from Leicester over his future – “No idea” what’s happening
By Naveen Ullal -11th April 2023

Leicester City signed Nathan Opoku in the winter market and immediately loaned him out to OH Leuven until the end of this season.

Last month, the striker admitted it was a “dream come true” to join the Foxes.

The Leicester owned player gave an interview to Het Nieuwsblad to talk about his loan spell in Belgium and his future. He’s managed a goal and an assist from five league games for the Jupiler Pro League side.

“That was my first game [as a starter against Charleroi], and you need some experience in a competition to find your footing. It seems logical to me that I am already performing better and my fitness level is also rising. I work hard in training and I try to show that in the game,” he said.

“My adjustment period has gone well and I have to thank my teammates for helping me so well. Meanwhile, I’m starting to find my way. I do think that you are now gradually seeing the real Nathan Opoku.”

In his last outing, the Ghanaian scored a goal and managed an assist in a 4-1 win over KV Mechelen.
Regarding his display last weekend, Opoku explained: “Of course that is good for confidence. A striker wants to score goals and if he succeeds, that is always a good thing mentally. I am grateful to the coach for the opportunity given, but of course I took it myself. Hopefully more goals will follow, as a striker you always want to score.”

Leuven manager Marc Brys has also expressed his delight over how quickly the Leicester owned striker has adapted. Het Nieuwsblad then suggest Brys is hinting at extending the frontman’s loan deal.
There’s still no clarity over where Opoku will play next season and he hasn’t heard from the Foxes about his future. At the same time, the attacker has opened the door to extend his temporary stay at Leuven.

“That’s not my decision. I just show what I can do and try to contribute something, the rest is for others to decide. Neither from OH Leuven nor from Leicester have I heard anything about next season,” the Foxes man stressed.

“I have no idea where I will play then, but if Leicester think it’s a good idea for me to stay in Leuven for another year, that’s fine.”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/player-says-hes-not-heard-anything-leicester-future-no-idea-hell-play-next-season/

Player hasn’t “heard anything” from Leicester over his future – “No idea” what’s happening
By Naveen Ullal -11th April 2023

Leicester City signed Nathan Opoku in the winter market and immediately loaned him out to OH Leuven until the end of this season.

Last month, the striker admitted it was a “dream come true” to join the Foxes.

The Leicester owned player gave an interview to Het Nieuwsblad to talk about his loan spell in Belgium and his future. He’s managed a goal and an assist from five league games for the Jupiler Pro League side.

“That was my first game [as a starter against Charleroi], and you need some experience in a competition to find your footing. It seems logical to me that I am already performing better and my fitness level is also rising. I work hard in training and I try to show that in the game,” he said.

“My adjustment period has gone well and I have to thank my teammates for helping me so well. Meanwhile, I’m starting to find my way. I do think that you are now gradually seeing the real Nathan Opoku.”

In his last outing, the Ghanaian scored a goal and managed an assist in a 4-1 win over KV Mechelen.
Regarding his display last weekend, Opoku explained: “Of course that is good for confidence. A striker wants to score goals and if he succeeds, that is always a good thing mentally. I am grateful to the coach for the opportunity given, but of course I took it myself. Hopefully more goals will follow, as a striker you always want to score.”

Leuven manager Marc Brys has also expressed his delight over how quickly the Leicester owned striker has adapted. Het Nieuwsblad then suggest Brys is hinting at extending the frontman’s loan deal.
There’s still no clarity over where Opoku will play next season and he hasn’t heard from the Foxes about his future. At the same time, the attacker has opened the door to extend his temporary stay at Leuven.

“That’s not my decision. I just show what I can do and try to contribute something, the rest is for others to decide. Neither from OH Leuven nor from Leicester have I heard anything about next season,” the Foxes man stressed.

“I have no idea where I will play then, but if Leicester think it’s a good idea for me to stay in Leuven for another year, that’s fine.”

Leicester have no idea where they'll be playing next year either...

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Would say his stay is dependent on if we can get a work permit for him. 

He needs to have played 50% of the available minutes since his signing. 

10 points for him playing at Leuven but needs another 5 points. 

So if Brys wants him next year, he is incentivized to play him 49% of minutes or less?

23 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

No full highlights yet (think tomorrow, so will update once they're online), but here's his goal and when he hit the post.

Open goal and missed the target from about 4 yards. |'m not pinning my hopes on him just yet :D

Results and standings after week 33

Standard 3-1 Charleroi
KAS Eupen 1-5 Zulte Waregem
KV Oostende 0-4 OH Leuven
Cercle Brugge 3-1 STVV
Westerlo 0-0 Club Brugge
KRC Genk 5-2 Anderlecht
KV Mechelen 1-1 KAA Gent
Antwerp 1-0 KV Kortrijk
Union 2-1 RFC Seraing

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1 KRC Genk  74 33 23 5 5 76 35 41
2 Union  72 33 22 5 6 66 39 27
3 Antwerp  69 33 21 6 6 58 26 32
4   KAA Gent  56 33 16 9 8 63 36 27
5   Club Brugge  56 33 15 7 11 54 36 18
6   Standard  55 33 16 10 7 56 42 14
7 Westerlo  50 33 14 11 8 60 52 8
8   Charleroi  47 33 14 14 5 43 50 -7
9   Cercle Brugge  47 33 12 10 11 47 44 3
10   Anderlecht  46 33 13 13 7 47 43 4
11   OH Leuven  45 33 12 12 9 53 46 7
12   STVV  42 33 11 13 9 37 39 -2
13   KV Mechelen  37 33 10 16 7 46 61 -15
14   KV Kortrijk  31 33 8 18 7 35 57 -22
15   KAS Eupen  28 33 7 19 7 40 68 -28
16   Zulte Waregem  27 33 6 18 9 48 75 -27
17 KV Oostende  24 33 6 21 6 35 75 -40
18 RFC Seraing  19 33 5 24 4 27 67 -40

Fixtures for week 34

Sunday April 23th:

STVV - Antwerp
Charleroi - KRC Genk
Club Brugge - KAS Eupen
Anderlecht - KV Mechelen
KAA Gent - KV Oostende
OH Leuven - Standard
KV Kortrijk - Union
RFC Seraing - Westerlo
Zulte Waregem - Cercle Brugge
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

For us to be able to play play-off 2 (aka European play-offs) the following needs to happen on the last matchday:

OHL has to win

Charleroi has to lose

Cercle Brugge has to draw or lose

Anderlecht has to draw or lose

We need a miracle but it will make the game on sunday a bit more exciting at the least. Fingers crossed though 🤞

A bit more context:

Charleroi is playing league leaders Genk. Cercle has to play in Zulte, who can stay up if they win and another game goes their way. Anderlecht probably has the easiest game against out of form Mechelen, but is currently playing extra time against AZ in the Conference League so they will have some tired legs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Phugalu said:

For us to be able to play play-off 2 (aka European play-offs) the following needs to happen on the last matchday:

OHL has to win

Charleroi has to lose

Cercle Brugge has to draw or lose

Anderlecht has to draw or lose

We need a miracle but it will make the game on sunday a bit more exciting at the least. Fingers crossed though 🤞

Wishing you luck.

Even though I'm nauseous at the prospect of having to go through any more explanations of how your playoffs work!

13 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Wishing you luck.

Even though I'm nauseous at the prospect of having to go through any more explanations of how your playoffs work!

And the whole league structure changes again next season :D :D:D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bonanza said:

And the whole league structure changes again next season :D :D:D

Summary:

16 teams first play regular season of 30 matchdays.

then:

* top 6 in title playoffs. 10 matchdays. Start with half the pts from regular season. 

* teams 7 through 12 in Europe playoffs. 10 matchdays. Half points from regular season kept as well. Winner plays against 4th team (or 5th depending on who wins cup) from title playoffs for final European ticket.

* teams 13 through 16 play relegation playoffs. 6 matchdays. Here teams keep ALL points from regular season. At the end 13th is saved. 15th&16th relegated. 14th to playoff against 3rd team from div2 for final ticket.

That third bullet is most important. Old system had only one team relegating, this is better for the league and more fair to teams in div2 to see 2 or even 3 new teams each season. But also means we need 12th or higher to be safe after regular. Currently 11th, last season 11th and before that 11th as well. That’s Brys for ya… doesn’t win prizes but wins enough not to go down.

• Thanks 1