Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Give us Patris please :)

I honestly think if we go down we will go for him

And Keita.

Both can make an impact in the Championship in my opinion.

Would be a win-win for all parties involved!

9 hours ago, Bonanza said:

You make it seem like we created dozens of chances in those games, but we really didn't :). In most of those games the opposing goalie barely had to make a save. We did have a lot of possession, but really failed to create a lot of danger in front of goal. Call me old fashioned, but a shot from 5 metres outside the box isn't a chance to me...

It's you who made the comparison to Westerlo and Cercle Brugge. I'm just pointing out that we have a better xG than Westerlo, which means that they did not create more or better chances. And Cercle's xG is similar too, they even scored a goal less than us. If you want to make a point, use better examples. 

If you want to pretend we didn't have a lot of chances, disprove what I said. The numbers are out there. 

7 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

It's you who made the comparison to Westerlo and Cercle Brugge. I'm just pointing out that we have a better xG than Westerlo, which means that they did not create more or better chances. And Cercle's xG is similar too, they even scored a goal less than us. If you want to make a point, use better examples. 

If you want to pretend we didn't have a lot of chances, disprove what I said. The numbers are out there. 

Those xG stats don't mean a thing dude :D

According to those stats Club Brugge should be the clear champion and they barely made it to playoff 1. Also accoridng to those stats Antwerp finished 6th, which would mean they wouldn't be in PO1. Meanwhile Antwerp are on their way to win the league...

https://footystats.org/belgium/pro-league/xg

That's the problem with modern football: we trust stats more than we trust our own eyes and judgement!

4 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Those xG stats don't mean a thing dude :D

According to those stats Club Brugge should be the clear champion and they barely made it to playoff 1. Also accoridng to those stats Antwerp finished 6th, which would mean they wouldn't be in PO1. Meanwhile Antwerp are on their way to win the league...

https://footystats.org/belgium/pro-league/xg

That's the problem with modern football: we trust stats more than we trust our own eyes and judgement!

They mean exactly what they mean. A team can effectively outperform its xG, but that is usually down to quality and, to a certain extent, luck. A high xG also means that you are effectively create a lot of (and or/good) chances.

For example, Club Brugge has the highest xG but has a clear problem with striker scoring, with Yaremchuk missing a lot of clear cut chances. Thus they'll underperform according to their xG. It is an objective tool for measuring, your own judgement and scoreline journalism is not.

And no, I'm not saying everything was fine this season, or that Brys was faultless. But all that black and white bullshit is really ticking me off sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Any noise about a pre-season friendly this summer?

In July OHL will travel to Leicester for a 7-day training camp at Seagrave Training Ground, but no news about a pre-season friendly yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...