Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

It looks like we got ourselves a new Icelandic left winger. He has 21 caps for Iceland in which he has scored 4 times and has a history at Fulham. He was end of contract at Danish club AGF Aarhus (for some reason reporters can't tell the difference between northern european countries). At first sight he looks like a very good player for OHL. Creative, composed, technical, good at set pieces. Nothing is official just yet, but let's hope for the best :)

image.thumb.png.ec4b37357be4bf6da8422563784957a2.png

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 3

There's finally a glimpse of an incoming striker: Simon Elisor from AC Ajaccio (France), 22 years old. Scored 17 goals in 42 games last season. He was loaned out last season to a french 3rd division team called FC Villefranche. Also still a rumour. Will he be the new Thomas Henry? His style reminds me of him a bit at least, and he seems to be pacier as well. Funnily enough he also seems to have inherited the same celebration attitude of our local legend Björn Ruytinx :scarf:

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

First of 3 in the next few days 

This one is for our development team that will play in the Belgian 3th tier this season.

The development teams of Anderlecht, Club Brugge, KRC Genk and Standard will play in the Belgian 2nd division

The development teams of OH Leuven, KAA Gent, Charleroi and Antwerp will play in the 3th division, while those of Cercle Brugge, Zulte Waregem, Beerschot, KV Mechelen, Union and Seraing will play in the 4th division.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Hamza Mendyl is a fast left back that played for Gaziantep FK in the turkish first division last season on loan from FC Schalke 04. He's 24 years old and he's got both the Moroccan and Ivorian nationalities. If he joins he'd be our second Moroccan international after Chakla. He's got 20 international caps under his belt.

Edited by Phugalu

7 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson just signed a 3-year deal with our club.

Thorsteinsson is a 23-year-old winger from Iceland. At the age of 16 he left Iceland to join Fulham’s Youth Academy. He stayed there between 2015 and 2018, but never played for the first team. In July of 2018 he was send out on loan to Vendsyssel FF in the Danish 1st division where he played 29 games and recorded 4 goals and 4 assists. In July of 2019 he signed a 3-year deal with Aarhus GF (Danish 1st division). In 3 seasons he played 100 games for Aarhus, scoring 20 goals and giving 13 assists.

Thorsteinsson is also a member of the national team of Iceland. In 21 games he scored 4 goals and gave 1 assist for his country.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jon-dagur-thorsteinsson/profil/spieler/331739

• Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 21:43, Phugalu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd look for one striker less if Nsingi keeps on scoring like that. He's shown more skill so far than Kaba in a whole season :)

Wonder what's the deal with Mykola Kukharevych, he's still part of the squad. Loan deal extended, or bought? I mean otherwise why play him in the buildup friendlies???

Seems like after Özkacar they're into Turkish defenders. Tayyib Talha Sanuç was mentioned a few posts back as a possibility, now apparently they're also chasing Fatih Kuruçuk. Free agent after ending his contract at Hatayspor by mutual agreement (hmm ?), but also chased by Cercle Brugge and Union SG.

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

What’s the general view on the signings OHL have made to date? Will they improve on the team from last season or are they to fill the squad out a bit?

You always have to wait and see if new signings are a right fit for the team, but on paper they seem more than decent.

It looks like our club is moving in the right direction since we got rid of Director of Football Wim De Corte. We don't have to wait until the last days of the transfer window for new players and we are actually signing players for a couple of years instead of loaning them. This means we can finally built for the future.

We still need 2 strikers and 1 or 2 centre-backs, but up until now I'm quite pleased!

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

You always have to wait and see if new signings are a right fit for the team, but on paper they seem more than decent.

It looks like our club is moving in the right direction since we got rid of Director of Football Wim De Corte. We don't have to wait until the last days of the transfer window for new players and we are actually signing players for a couple of years instead of loaning them. This means we can finally built for the future.

We still need 2 strikers and 1 or 2 centre-backs, but up until now I'm quite pleased!

I agree with Bonanza here. Judging by all the clips and interviews I've seen it looks like we brought (or will bring) in quality players to play for a top 10 spot for next season. The only thing I'm sad about so far is Mercier leaving and I'm curious to see if Holzhauser can fill his shoes. I'd like Dewaest to join us as well, but Brys maybe wants younger and faster central defenders instead. It's gonna depend on his tactic. Personally I think he'll be going for 4-2-3-1 kind of tactic. We have good covering on the wing back and winger positions, Our midfield still seems strong with Schrijvers as backup come January, although we'll miss Mercier. So 2 strikers and a central defender or two is all we need still. There has been a concious effort as well to sign younger talents, so maybe one or two of those will come through during the season. If we can get good quality strikers now, we're set for that top 10 I think. I think it's hard to get in a good striker these days if they're already looking at the french third division for reinforcements... As long as it's not another Kaba I guess?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pelotas said:

Wonder what's the deal with Mykola Kukharevych, he's still part of the squad. Loan deal extended, or bought? I mean otherwise why play him in the buildup friendlies???

I don't know what the deal is with Kukharevych. Maybe Troyes don't want him back right away and we get to play our friendlies with an actual striker until we get in our own? The guy didn't get a lot of chances last season and didn't convince in the few minutes he got so I'd be surprised if we suddenly would sign him.

Edited by Phugalu

Just now, Pelotas said:

Meanwhile Thai media are reporting that the owner of Muangthong United will sign Kawin Thamsatchanan, after OH Leuven will terminate his 1y remaining contract.

https://www.thairath.co.th/sport/thaifootball/thaipremierleague/2433852

https://www.90min.com/th/posts/feature-a-man-behind-deal-kawin-come-back-Muangthong-United

I'm sure he was on a heavy contract. We also paid 1 million for him I believe back in the day which was way too expensive for a mediocre player like him. I'm glad those days are over where we got forced to buy or loan players just to have a Thai international at our team.

53 minutes ago, Pelotas said:

Meanwhile Thai media are reporting that the owner of Muangthong United will sign Kawin Thamsatchanan, after OH Leuven will terminate his 1y remaining contract.

https://www.thairath.co.th/sport/thaifootball/thaipremierleague/2433852

https://www.90min.com/th/posts/feature-a-man-behind-deal-kawin-come-back-Muangthong-United

Things just keep getting better and better :yahoo:

2 hours ago, Phugalu said:

I agree with Bonanza here. Judging by all the clips and interviews I've seen it looks like we brought (or will bring) in quality players to play for a top 10 spot for next season. The only thing I'm sad about so far is Mercier leaving and I'm curious to see if Holzhauser can fill his shoes. I'd like Dewaest to join us as well, but Brys maybe wants younger and faster central defenders instead. It's gonna depend on his tactic. Personally I think he'll be going for 4-2-3-1 kind of tactic. We have good covering on the wing back and winger positions, Our midfield still seems strong with Schrijvers as backup come January, although we'll miss Mercier. So 2 strikers and a central defender or two is all we need still. There has been a concious effort as well to sign younger talents, so maybe one or two of those will come through during the season. If we can get good quality strikers now, we're set for that top 10 I think. I think it's hard to get in a good striker these days if they're already looking at the french third division for reinforcements... As long as it's not another Kaba I guess?

....it looks like King Power has decided to go back to basic and build a young squad who are not going to get broken up every season!!!

The players so far look great and your view of a top 10 is underplaying our potential. The team last season lacked control in the middle that was a team that gave away silly goals and vastly underachieved. We are going to be looking and reaching for the top 4 next season, I have seen other teams from last season, and we are capable of it.