Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure why Leuven fans are not excited for next season, I believe they are on for a spectacular campaign!!!

Excited indeed. Spectacular campaign: i'll believe it when I see it. Never ended better than 10th so top half of the table is already a big success (imho avoiding relegation remains first prio, 3 going down this season).

Make or break season for Marc Brys as well. He's a great coach for a team like OH Leuven in that sense that he's very experienced but loses just enough not to be signed by a bigger team, but wins enough to stay in the saddle. Also much better than gambling by signing either an unknown foreign manager and/or a very young promising one (who either fails and we lose, or succeeds and gets signed by a bigger team => rebuild again). But not sure if for instance a third 11th place in a row will be sufficient for Brys not to be sacked/released after the season.

But the list of transfer targets is indeed impressive...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Making so many moves it seems if only we were doing the same 😂

Done deal!

Portuguese Central midfielder signs for OH Leuven

The Portuguese central midfielder Joao Gamboa (25) signs an agreement for 3 seasons at Den Dreef. He signs as a free agent. He played previously at GD Estoril Praia in Portugal.

Gamboa started his career as a youth player at Rio Ave FC, but played also for the youth teams of Varzim SC, SL Benfica and Braga. Gamboa made his debut as professional football player at Braga B, in the Portuguese second division. He also played for the first team at Braga before transferring to CS Maritimo Funchal in 2017. He went on loan to CD Chaves in 2019 and transferred to GD Estoril Praia in 2020.

Gamboa won the second division title with Estoril in season 2020-2021. Last season Estoril ended on an impressive 9th position in the Portuguese top league and Gamboa was a key player. He played a total of 82 games in the Portuguese top Ligue. Gamboa played for all Portuguese national youth teams and has one game for Portugal U21.

Gamboa is the first Portuguese player ever to sign at OH Leuven.

Coach Marc Brys: “Joao Gamboa brings us the necessary experience in the central midfield. He combines his height together with hard working and technical ability.”775840728-007.webp

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure why Leuven fans are not excited for next season, I believe they are on for a spectacular campaign!!!

Who says we are not excited? This transferperiod has been the best in years so far (if they can all live up to expectations that is) :)

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Does anyone think there's any danger of the match on Sunday being cancelled due to the temperature being mid-30s?

We're closer to the equator than the UK is but we're not in Qatar yet, so I doubt it :cool:. It's a friendly so players will be subbed freely and water breaks will be available as well if needed I take. And for the fans there'll be plenty of other beverages. So no worries, you're in good hands :punk:.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Who says we are not excited? This transferperiod has been the best in years so far (if they can all live up to expectations that is) :)

...our previous conversation where you are looking to finish 8th and Bonanza hoping to avoid relegation!!!

I very much see this to be a very good season coming up.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Us Belgians are pretty down to earth and prefer to be reserved I guess. It doesn't mean we don't want them to blow our minds this season. I think all the fans feel that our transfer targets have been improved a level this season judging by the teams we get players from and the skills they show in their vids. Time will tell if Brys and Willems did better than De Corte.... no excuses anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

I think all the fans feel that our transfer targets have been improved a level this season judging by the teams we get players from and the skills they show in their vids.

+ the timing!

We're not even mid-July and we've already completed eight A-team transfers (Cojocaru, Dom, Gamboa, Holzhauser, Jackers, Mendyl, Pletinckx & Þorsteinsson) on top of some interesting U23 profiles. Last season Brys kept complaining until end of 2021 that we started the season with half a squad, and he was right. 

Don't get me wrong, the transfer deadline day excitement is great and I hope they get at least one player that day, just for the sake of it. :) But we should go into end of August knowing we don't need anything, just pouncing on opportunities, rather than get several last minute mediocre loanees like always.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phugalu said:

We're closer to the equator than the UK is but we're not in Qatar yet, so I doubt it :cool:. It's a friendly so players will be subbed freely and water breaks will be available as well if needed I take. And for the fans there'll be plenty of other beverages. So no worries, you're in good hands :punk:.

The match is 120 minutes as well. I think I will depart after 90 mins to explore those ‘other beverages’ you mentioned 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pelotas said:

+ the timing!

We're not even mid-July and we've already completed eight A-team transfers (Cojocaru, Dom, Gamboa, Holzhauser, Jackers, Mendyl, Pletinckx & Þorsteinsson) on top of some interesting U23 profiles. Last season Brys kept complaining until end of 2021 that we started the season with half a squad, and he was right. 

Don't get me wrong, the transfer deadline day excitement is great and I hope they get at least one player that day, just for the sake of it. :) But we should go into end of August knowing we don't need anything, just pouncing on opportunities, rather than get several last minute mediocre loanees like always.

Talking about loanees. Does anyone have an update on Olimpiu Morutan? If he joins, we'll never have to see Tamari dribbling all his way to the parking again.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Talking about loanees. Does anyone have an update on Olimpiu Morutan? If he joins, we'll never have to see Tamari dribbling all his way to the parking again.

I've found my own answer by translating this article: https://www.digisport.ro/fotbal/super-lig/situatia-lui-olimpiu-morutan-continua-sa-fie-discutata-in-turcia-care-sunt-planurile-antrenorului-okan-buruk-1789921

One option that is increasingly discussed is the loan of Olimpiu Moruțan this summer. The first team to consider doing so was Ankaragucu, but the newly-promoted Turkish Super League side eventually failed to reach an agreement with Galatasasaray.

However, Aspor journalists report that Ankaragucu is still insisting on Moruțan, a player who is reportedly no longer in the plans of the new Galata coach. Okan Buruk wants the former FCSB player to be loaned out in order to gain pace and become stronger in a league like Turkey.

Most likely, Buruk will analyze Olimpiu Moruțan during the training period, and at the end he will make a decision on what will happen with the Romanian midfielder next season.

Giovanni Becali spoke about the situation of the Romanians at Galatasaray
Giovanni Becali says that with the arrival of the new coach, Okan Buruk, Moruțan and Cicâldău could get new chances at Galatasaray. However, first of all, Buruk will first have to analyze the two players and only then will he make a decision about them. Moruțan did not impress in his first year at Galatasaray and Turkish officials would have put him on the transfer list.

They were also reportedly willing to get rid of Alexandru Cicâldău, who is wanted by Fiorentina, the team ranked 7th in Serie A, 2021-2022 edition.

About Dennis Man and Valentin Mihăilă, Parma's players, Becali replied briefly and to the point: "They're not moving!". Although there has been talk of his departure, Dennis Man recently said that he is not even thinking of leaving Parma. As for Mihăilă, the former Universita Craiova player recently returned to Parma after his short stay at Atalanta.

"At Galatasaray, after July 20 we will know what it's all about. He's a new coach, he needs to see them (n.r. Olimpiu Moruțan and Alexandru Cicâldău), to settle in. Don't complain that there are teams that want both of them. Man and Mihăilă are not moving," Giovanni Becali told AS.ro.

Kukharevych has been loaned out again by AC Troyes to OHL for one more season. Will he be second backup (after we sign the other 2) or is he our striker for next season? He wasn't able to convince anyone in those few games he played last season... weird "transfer" by Brys and Willems if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

Kukharevych has been loaned out again by AC Troyes to OHL for one more season. Will he be second backup (after we sign the other 2) or is he our striker for next season? He wasn't able to convince anyone in those few games he played last season... weird "transfer" by Brys and Willems if you ask me.

Not surprised since he has still been training with the club and playing in friendlies despite his loan deal having ended already. 

Has not convinced indeed, but tbh he received very little chances as well. 3 starts vs bigger teams Club Brugge, Antwerp and Gent (always about one hour) + 4 times subbed on (of which 2 in injury time). Don't think he'll be first choice striker but ok to have as a backup imho and I prefer his profile over the other backups we had like Allemeersch & Vekemans. Let's not even discuss Rezaei lol. If there is a buy option, could be interesting even, only 21 still.

They forecast has changed - not so roasting now, that's a relief.

Anyone know how many Leicester fans are going?  It took me ages to figure out the website to buy tickets, so I'm not about to go back and see how many seats remain!

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

They forecast has changed - not so roasting now, that's a relief.

Anyone know how many Leicester fans are going?  It took me ages to figure out the website to buy tickets, so I'm not about to go back and see how many seats remain!

....you came across the Belgian matrix...you should have been warned!!!

Unintelligible logic wrapped in an enigma, well done so far, you deserve a medal.

2 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Last goal 🚲 

It is the prophecy... Tamari will score every game with a bicycle kick from now on. He looks a bit buffed by the way. I haven't seen him in my gym, but he defo worked on his body in the last few months. I can feel it in my ankles, this will be Tamari's season! 😉

• Like 1

An update on my personal favourite transfer target for OHL. I just have one thing to say... Hands off Olimpio, Kobenhavn FC!

Here's the article: https://www.digisport.ro/fotbal/fotbal-international/olimpiu-morutan-dorit-de-un-club-important-al-europei-ar-putea-juca-in-preliminariile-ligii-campionilor-1796833

Here's the translation: 

The former Turkish champions have a new coach this summer in Okan Buruk, after the sacking of Domenec Torrent, but even this will not "save" the Romanian from a break-up.

Olimpiu Moruțan would be wanted by Copenhagen
According to information published by playsport.ro, Olimpiu Moruțan would be one of the main priorities of Danish champions FC Copenhagen this summer.

The Nordics have been interested in the former FCSB player in the past. At the moment, FC Copenhagen seems willing to come up with a concrete offer for Galatasaray, reports the source. 

The offer would be one in line with what Olimpiu Moruțan will offer in the coming weeks. The Danes would like to see him at work on a couple of occasions in the coming period, and then they will make a decision on how to approach the transfer situation.

In the Danish league, FC Copenhagen have won 11 titles in the last 22 seasons.
Copenhagen has been a constant presence in the European Cup group stage for the past 10 years. This season, they will play in the Champions League play-offs, the last step before the group stage.
Olimpiu Moruțan could stay in Turkey, but not at Galatasaray
Galatasaray has a problem with the list of players who can be registered for the 2022-2023 season. Specifically with the number of foreigners.

At the moment, there are 13 foreign players in the squad (Muslera, Boey, Omar, Marcao, Nelsson, Van Aanholt, Luyindama, Cicâldau, Moruțan, Diagne, Mostafa, Gomis, Sekidika), and the "Cim Bom" group is preparing seven transfers. Therefore, they have to give up some foreigners.

Galatasaray has the option of loaning Olimpiu Moruțan to the Turkish Super League. The Turkish press reports that "Cim-Bom" has a concrete offer, without saying the exact name of the team.

He was recently also on the list of Ankaraguku, but the clubs did not reach an agreement.

Edited by Phugalu