Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

Since we don't have a striker yet, why not try to work out a transfer deal with this young prospect?

Playing in Serie B at Pisa, so probably willing to take the next step up. 20 years old. Height 2m01! Strong in the box, clinical striker, bangs them in from set pieces as well for (only) 6 million.

https://www.transfermarkt.be/lorenzo-lucca/profil/spieler/572265

Edited by Phugalu

10 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Since we don't have a striker yet, why not try to work out a transfer deal with this young prospect?

Playing in Serie B at Pisa, so probably willing to take the next step up. 20 years old. Height 2m01! Strong in the box, clinical striker, bangs them in from set pieces as well for (only) 6 million.

https://www.transfermarkt.be/lorenzo-lucca/profil/spieler/572265

The FM cheat code

51 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The FM cheat code

RSC Anderlecht is using it more ;).

Sebastiano Esposito

Sergio Gomez

Fabio Silva on the radar

Jacob Bruun Larsen joined for a season on loan before

Joshua Zirkzee Joined for a season on loan before

• Haha 1

A good first 45 min of OHL today.

Remarks: I expected more from Thorsteinsson, but I guess he needs more match rythm still. He looked less agile and fast than on his youtube vids anyway. I wasn't too impressed with Joao Gambao's skills, he'll be 2nd pick when Keita returns from injury I feel. Malinov is a brainless bafoon. People around me were laughing already when he came on knowing his reputation. His first touch was a foul, minutes later he already gets a yellow card. I don't know why we would keep a reckless butcher like that in our team. He'll cost us points but I hope he'll be 3rd pick. That guy will never learn. Cojocaru made a very good impression. The rest of the team lived up to expectations even though you could tell that the freshness was gone halfway through the 2nd half. Good to see that our youngsters stood their ground for 30min against the 2nd 11 of Leicester.

I'm curious to see what new players will join still, but we look decently prepared to aim for that 8th-10th spot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

... very impressed with your defense  including your Goalkeeper and their bravery on the ball when pressed!!!

The ability to and make the pass under pressure, and playing your way out was great to watch. It certainly led to you breaking lines and starting attacks out wide. It will either be a noticeable ploy to to from back to front,  as even the keeper was setting up attacks by bowling the ball out long.

Tamari looked useful out wide but he tends to flatter to deceive, and Nsingi looked a real threat. I was hoping Holzhauser would have got himself involved more and tried to dictate the play as you started to tire, someone with his skills could have opened us more with ingenuity, which I have seen he is capable of, he needs to take on trying to controlling the game more.

Still think top 6 and better is on this season, let's hope it happens. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... very impressed with your defense  including your Goalkeeper and their bravery on the ball when pressed!!!

The ability to and make the pass under pressure, and playing your way out was great to watch. It certainly led to you breaking lines and starting attacks out wide. It will either be a noticeable ploy to to from back to front,  as even the keeper was setting up attacks by bowling the ball out long.

Tamari looked useful out wide but he tends to flatter to deceive, and Nsingi looked a real threat. I was hoping Holzhauser would have got himself involved more and tried to dictate the play as you started to tire, someone with his skills could have opened us more with ingenuity, which I have seen he is capable of, he needs to take on trying to controlling the game more.

I'm happy with the 4-2-3-1 tactic. Holzhauser did ok but is far from being as dynamic as Mercier was. I don't think that'll change. I feel he's more of an enganche type of player. An anchor point in the attacking midfield ready to launch the fast players around him. So for that sake I hope we get a fast but strong striker that can move into the channels rather than a towering and slow forward. Tamari needs to make better decisions. It's nice to see him handle the ball, but the issue of previous seasons remains. He still doesn't know when to pass a ball. Let's see how he does on that right wing. position. At least he doesn't have to defend as much anymore so that plays into his advantage. I'm happy to see Nsingi can hold his own in the striker position. He has quick feet and reads the game well. I hope he becomes even better over the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Nsingi comes out of the youth ranks, i'm quite impressed by him

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

You must know that most clubs here in Belgium are in (dodgy) foreign hands. And we have seen what can happen to a club that is not in the right hands. But I think all fans know that we're blessed with our owner, although he looked a bit scared going on pictures with the hyped fans earlier lol. It was a train that only passes once in a lifetime, and we had to jump on it.

He's improved our facilities a lot and we have a state of the art pitch because of him, and the groundskeepers of course, who are doing a world class job. I think most people expected him to pump loads of money into our transfer budget as well since he's a billionaire, but I'm happy to see that we actually have to make an effort and that we can grow talents of our own and sell them for profit when the time comes. I wouldn't want a 200million transfer budget like Newcastle and than just buy greedy talents that can't live up to expectations. All clubs should try and follow the way the German Bündesliga teams handle their business. It's pretty much the only financial healthy league in football. I wouldn't mind becoming the next Dortmund ;) thanks to Kun Tops' efforts. This is of course my own personal opinion. The next OHL fan might answer  that question with just "grrrrrr" :frantics:

Thanks for your reply and your answer is pretty  much in line with most Leicester fans where the general consensus is we have the best owners going . As you say they won’t throw silly money at the club but will consistently invest in improvements in the right way . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not too sure about him, looks pretty standard!!!

I like my defenders standard :). He's still young, so he has time to grow. And also if he was world class he wouldn't be joining OHL either. Not sure if he'll be first pick or are we waiting for a Dewaest? I don't know why we don't hear about him anymore. He was solid for us last season. 

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

I like my defenders standard :). He's still young, so he has time to grow. And also if he was world class he wouldn't be joining OHL either. Not sure if he'll be first pick or are we waiting for a Dewaest? I don't know why we don't hear about him anymore. He was solid for us last season. 

....Dewaest was a solid player for us, we can't keep having players on loan, we have to do rebuilds every season!!!

Good that we are building a settled team, long-term contracts have to be the norm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Dewaest was a solid player for us, we can't keep having players on loan, we have to do rebuilds every season!!!

Good that we are building a settled team, long-term contracts have to be the norm.

Are you sure? we're paying the price of having players on long term contracts they're a bugger to get rid of when you find out they are not as good as the management think they are and now we have a situation where apparently we can't add to the squad via transfers without selling our unsaleable products.