Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

38 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Are you sure? we're paying the price of having players on long term contracts they're a bugger to get rid of when you find out they are not as good as the management think they are and now we have a situation where apparently we can't add to the squad via transfers without selling our unsaleable products.

...the need to be constantly rebuilding the team has to stop!!!

We do have a nucleus of players contacted to the club but if every season you have to start from scratch,  then how do you gain consistency and move forward. 

Our generous wages are out of line with the market, I hope you do not go down the same rabbit hole with OHL, it is a trait we need to stop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Dries Mertens has been spotted working on his fitness right next to the OHL stadium:

Maybe he should come home for a season or two? :)

That’s your striker sorted then 

Some more updates on strikers we are/were targeting: 

image.png.7542af6f922394ba54973ac22c0dbc20.png

Translation: Kaly Sene is back at FC Basel, the striker was recently injured so he could not pass his medical tests. He is now working on his fitness in order to complete a transfer.

Conclusion: Could still join us after all

image.png.c7efa7a9f974e65ddea5fc61286101dd.png

Translation: OHL-target Astrit Selmani prefers the Israeli Hapoel Beer Sheva to OH Leuven. The 25-year-old striker signs a contract for three seasons and the club from Israel pays 1 million euros for the versatile attacker.

Conclusion: You're an idiot if you prefer playing in a competition lower than the Swedish and Belgian level, but I guess he knows what his level is than. I hope he likes huge "firecrackers"!

Edited by Phugalu

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Nice start to the season. I was impressed with what I saw against is the other week. What are the expectations for OH this season? 
They don’t look like they will struggle, but  do they have enough quality to push on towards Europe?

Yesterday I heard on our local TV station that he's looking for 6 to 7 more players. For some reason that number keeps on changing all the time which is weird... normally you know exactly what you want and need.

By the end of august we'll know what our team looks like. I expect no key players leaving anymore, but you never know. Pushing on towards Europe would be nice, but let's ease the ambitions a bit and go for an 8th spot to start with ;)

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Phugalu said:

Funny that he's wearing his Raja outfit on that picture :D

Seems to be little known about this guy.

Think in the end it concerns 19yo Ivorian defender Aboubacar Sylla Khalil, who was formed at Raja Football club of Alépé, close to Abidjan, in Senegal. I'm guessing this is an academy club of Raja Casablanca (Morocco) ? Anyway, he played the 2020-21 season with USC Bassam, 2021-22 with ASI d'Abengourou (both Ligue 1 Senegal), no idea about number of appearances though.

This article states he made quite a mark in the recent qualifying competition for the U20 African Cup of Nations and was on the radar of an Austrian club as a result. http://lefoot225.com/details-article/sylla-aboubacar-en-route-pour-lautriche. But anyway, I would say one for the U23 indeed.

Edited by Pelotas
fix

3 hours ago, Pelotas said:

Seems to be little known about this guy.

Think in the end it concerns 19yo Ivorian defender Aboubacar Sylla Khalil, who was formed at Raja Football club of Alépé, close to Abidjan, in Senegal. I'm guessing this is an academy club of Raja Casablanca (Morocco) ? Anyway, he played the 2020-21 season with USC Bassam, 2021-22 with ASI d'Abengourou (both Ligue 1 Senegal), no idea about number of appearances though.

This article states he made quite a mark in the recent qualifying competition for the U20 African Cup of Nations and was on the radar of an Austrian club as a result. http://lefoot225.com/details-article/sylla-aboubacar-en-route-pour-lautriche. But anyway, I would say one for the U23 indeed.

Yeah it's hard to find any info on him. There's also a million Aboubaca Sylla's out there. He's from Ivory Coast as far as I know. 

http://lefoot225.com/details-article/sylla-aboubacar-en-route-pour-lautriche?fbclid=IwAR2jnhJMI-0Jxc5X5x35q9numN0QrLvUEqINildDcfbBIfx5Q50L8TG8q_w

1 hour ago, Phugalu said:

Also this has been announced a few hours ago. A new striker? He looks a bit like Aleksandar Mitrovic from the side though lol

image.thumb.png.afd6c63286eba351e37c54898c4e4b45.png

I don’t think it’s a player 😂