Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

Seems like the website was updated, listing the squad (https://www.ohleuven.com/teams/a-ploeg/spelers-en-staf/#position-3).

• Most notable are included youngsters: Santiago Ramos Mingo (#22), Joël Schingtienne (#23), Milan Taildeman (#37) and Sirimongkol Rattanapoom "Tann" (#44). Nachon Nsingi (#43) is also listed but made his debut last weekend so less of a surprise. NOT listed are Desmond Acquah, Ilias Breugelmans, Jo Gilis (who played this weekend!), Richie Sagrado and Joshua Zimmerman, so seems they are going to play with U23.
  • Most notable absentee: Levan Shengelia. Used to be #19, no one else given this number but he might be on the go?
  • Furthermore, Valentin Cojocaru changed from #1 to #12. 
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pelotas said:

Seems like the website was updated, listing the squad (https://www.ohleuven.com/teams/a-ploeg/spelers-en-staf/#position-3).

• Most notable are included youngsters: Santiago Ramos Mingo (#22), Joël Schingtienne (#23), Milan Taildeman (#37) and Sirimongkol Rattanapoom "Tann" (#44). Nachon Nsingi (#43) is also listed but made his debut last weekend so less of a surprise. NOT listed are Desmond Acquah, Ilias Breugelmans, Jo Gilis (who played this weekend!), Richie Sagrado and Joshua Zimmerman, so seems they are going to play with U23.
  • Most notable absentee: Levan Shengelia. Used to be #19, no one else given this number but he might be on the go?
  • Furthermore, Valentin Cojocaru changed from #1 to #12. 

Jackers is nailed on main goalie right?

Is Cojo leaving then and a new #1 incoming?

The reason why Mercier left. Football is business in the first place, so I understand that they wanted to cash in on him (the full 500k!), but letting one of the best players for consecutive seasons and captain go to make room for Holzhauser who has to prove himself all over again. I don't think many fans will understand this. Did we really need the 500k that much?

https://www.walfoot.be/news/2022-07-27/exclusif-xavier-mercier-revient-sur-son-depart-dohl--le-club-ne-comptait-plus-sur-moi-et-je-nai-recu-aucune-explication?fbclid=IwAR2tbDroiK0SzJSz8qISr9xypdMWJh7bIE1pG9UmdiScbqLKrCBEy3ta7lI

Translation:

The Frenchman has left OHL and Belgium to move to Ferencváros in Hungary. The midfielder will discover a new league and play for the first time in his career on the European stage.

Xavier Mercier played for six years in Belgium where he was one of the best playmakers in our league with 23 goals and 43 assists in 146 appearances. He played for Kortrijk (2016-2017), Cercle de Bruges (2017-2019) and then OHL (2019-2022).

But, the Frenchman decided to leave Belgium this summer to join Ferencváros, the Hungarian champions. "I quickly felt that OHL were not counting on me too much for the 2022-2023 season so inevitably I had to find a new club. Ferencváros came knocking on the door and showed a lot of interest. The negotiations lasted a little over a month, the club did not give up and proved that they really wanted to sign me", Xavier Mercier told us. Louvain signed Raphael Holzhauser for free this summer. "I already knew before he arrived and signed that OHL didn't have me on their books anymore. I didn't receive any explanation and I'm disappointed. I did a lot for this club and I didn't get any recognition in the end. It was difficult to accept," said the playmaker. 

Mercier Xavier
photonews
Champions for the last four years, Hungary's most successful club (33 league titles) did not hesitate to spend nearly 500,000 euros for the 33-year-old who signed a two-season contract. "It's a great sign of confidence, and it's a great club above all. They play in the European Cup every season and often win the Hungarian league. Joining Ferencváros was also a step forward in my career. An exciting sporting challenge and a new family project. Budapest is an extraordinary city, and I adapted quickly and everything is going well with the club. The integration went very well. We are playing preliminary round matches in the Champions League. For the moment, I am lacking some playing time, but that will come with time. I arrive in a team that has won everything for four years, and the squad has changed very little. I'm fighting for my place, it's exciting to start from scratch at 33. Playing eleventh place every year is no fun, even though I was good at OHL. That's football, you always have to adapt," he added. 

The Hungarians play the second leg of their Champions League second qualifying round tie against Slovakian champions Slovan Bratislava on Wednesday. In the first leg, the former OHL captain went up in the 72nd minute. "A real bonus in my career to play Champions League matches. It's an extraordinary atmosphere."

"If I have any regrets about not playing for a top Belgian club? No, that's the way it is. In the 2020-2021 season (best passer title), it was the right year, but no one called me to express interest," says the native of Alès. "I only retain positive things from my time in Belgium. I have evolved a lot as a footballer but also as a man. I'm leaving the Jupiler Pro League with my head held high and with a sense of accomplishment", concluded Xavier Mercier, who will try to adapt as quickly as possible to help his team achieve their objectives with his above-average passing ability. 

Edited by Phugalu
  • Thanks 1

.. the OHL need to play the ball around in defence is a recipe for disaster!!!

They can't do it, and are as poor as we are.

Nsingi working on his own upfront a thankless task, like Vardy when getting no service.

Impressed by OHL #15 in a left back role, you can see he wants to progress the game but having to play to orders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only 2 games in and still early days for Nsingi but can definitely see the need for a new and experienced striker

Liked the look of him against us 

• Like 1

...I  still would love to see Holzhauser orchestrating centrally as he has the vision and the ability to play someone in on goal!!!

Tamari had several chances to break centrally but lacks the skill and awareness around him. He needed better off the ball running from Nsingi, as he failed on two occasions to give an option to Tamari.

Nsingi like anyone who is starved of chances on goal, starts to snatch at opportunities, and takes the wrong options because he is desperate to score.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  still would love to see Holzhauser orchestrating centrally as he has the vision and the ability to play someone in on goal!!!

Tamari had several chances to break centrally but lacks the skill and awareness around him. He needed better off the ball running from Nsingi, as he failed on two occasions to give an option to Tamari.

Nsingi like anyone who is starved of chances on goal, starts to snatch at opportunities, and takes the wrong options because he is desperate to score.

I wasn't too excited about how we played today. What is up with building up from the back if the passes don't arrive? We didn't have control of the game today and we only won because Westerlo failed their chances. Holzhauser is way too absent. He has got vision and a good pass, but he was pretty much invisible throughout the entire game. Tamari decided to become the worst version of himself again. He doesnt bring anything to the team besides pace. He wears eye caps and is extremely terrible at decision making. I would love to get us an actual inside forward instead of him that has pace, dribbling and finishing skills and who knows how to pick a pass and who ain't extremely bloody left footed. Ouedraogo is the weakest link, he needs to be replaced asap. Patris did ok. Pletinckx MotM. The rest were ok.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

I wasn't too excited about how we played today. What is up with building up from the back if the passes don't arrive? We didn't have control of the game today and we only won because Westerlo failed their chances. Holzhauser is way too absent. He has got vision and a good pass, but he was pretty much invisible throughout the entire game. Tamari decided to become the worst version of himself again. He doesnt bring anything to the team besides pace. He wears eye caps and is extremely terrible at decision making. I would love to get us an actual inside forward instead of him that has pace, dribbling and finishing skills and who knows how to pick a pass and who ain't extremely bloody left footed. Ouedraogo is the weakest link, he needs to be replaced asap. Patris did ok. Pletinckx MotM. The rest were ok.

Top of the league pal!