Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Thread 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

I wasn't too excited about how we played today. What is up with building up from the back if the passes don't arrive? We didn't have control of the game today and we only won because Westerlo failed their chances. Holzhauser is way too absent. He has got vision and a good pass, but he was pretty much invisible throughout the entire game. Tamari decided to become the worst version of himself again. He doesnt bring anything to the team besides pace. He wears eye caps and is extremely terrible at decision making. I would love to get us an actual inside forward instead of him that has pace, dribbling and finishing skills and who knows how to pick a pass and who ain't extremely bloody left footed. Ouedraogo is the weakest link, he needs to be replaced asap. Patris did ok. Pletinckx MotM. The rest were ok.

...pretty much agree with most of this, Tamari is not as good as he believes he is and Holzhauser is not involved enough where it counts!!!

Ouedraogo was for me a stand-out player on the pitch. His ability to break lines with his passing is not easy (it was a feature of his game) and it would be interesting to see his figures because it seemed every pass found its destination, crisp and purposeful. What I found with his game was that he was a yard off his man and needed to be closer to win his battles and seem to not always be in his position, and I wasn't sure why that was. He just needs to put himself in a position where players can't spin around him because he has given them too much space to attack him or go past him.

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Top of the league pal!

We won't stay there for long if we play like this in the next 3 games. I was hoping Brys got his shit together by now, but it seems there's a lot of work still. I know I sound pessimistic, but we played against a newly promoted team today and got lucky to get the 3 points. Pletinckx will be voted man of the match... twice in a row, because of our style of play. We could use some quality injections still. Chakla and Shengelia are on the way out I think since they weren't on the bench. That will free up some money for hopefully quality free transfers.

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Phugalu said:

We won't stay there for long if we play like this in the next 3 games. I was hoping Brys got his shit together by now, but it seems there's a lot of work still. I know I sound pessimistic, but we played against a newly promoted team today and got lucky to get the 3 points. Pletinckx will be voted man of the match... twice in a row, because of our style of play. We could use some quality injections still. Chakla and Shengelia are on the way out I think since they weren't on the bench. That will free up some money for hopefully quality free transfers.

Is the fella from Barca an U21 signing?

Results and standings after week 2

Union 1-0 Charleroi
Cercle Brugge 1-0 Anderlecht
KV Oostende 2-1 KV Mechelen
OH Leuven 2-0 Westerlo
KAA Gent 1-1 STVV
KRC Genk 3-1 Standard
KAS Eupen 2-1 Club Brugge
RFC Seraing 0-1 KV Kortrijk
Antwerp 1-0 Zulte Waregem

P     TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   OH Leuven  6 2 2 0 0 4 0 4
2   Antwerp  6 2 2 0 0 3 0 3
3   Union  4 2 1 0 1 2 1 1
4   KRC Genk  3 2 1 1 0 5 4 1
5   Charleroi  3 2 1 1 0 3 2 1
6   Anderlecht  3 2 1 1 0 2 1 1
6   Zulte Waregem  3 2 1 1 0 2 1 1
8   Club Brugge  3 2 1 1 0 4 4 0
9   Westerlo  3 2 1 1 0 2 2 0
10   KAS Eupen  3 2 1 1 0 3 4 -1
11   KV Oostende  3 2 1 1 0 2 3 -1
12   Cercle Brugge  3 2 1 1 0 1 2 -1
12   KV Kortrijk  3 2 1 1 0 1 2 -1
14   KAA Gent  2 2 0 0 2 3 3 0
15   STVV  2 2 0 0 2 2 2 0
16 Standard  1 2 0 1 1 3 5 -2
17 KV Mechelen  0 2 0 2 0 1 4 -3
18 RFC Seraing  0 2 0 2 0 0 3 -3

Fixtures for week 3:

Friday August 5th

Club Brugge - Zulte Waregem

Saturday August 6th

KRC Genk - KAS Eupen
KV Kortrijk - STVV
Charleroi - KV Oostende
KV Mechelen - Union

Sunday August 7th

Standard - Cercle Brugge
KAA Gent - Westerlo
Anderlecht - RFC Seraing
Antwerp - OH Leuven
Edited by Bonanza

Agree with most of the above, Kortrijk was in the driving seat against OHL in the first half but their coach is already under pressure due to the poor performance and OHL was not much better but just got the points. Kortrijk were again very bad on 2nd MD against relegation candidates Seraing as well, but won against the run of play, again not a good sign for us. Westerlo is indeed the newly promoted team and they as well could have scored at least once or twice in the first half. Until the opening goal, OHL was nowhere against them. I do rank this performance a bit higher though because I expect Westerlo to avoid relegation quite easily, kept their squad together and the promoted teams in Belgium typically score a lot of points on enthousiasm alone. So promosing that we did not really get into trouble either after going up. Still, 6/6 is nice, but let's not be blind, we need more quality and serious tests are coming with Antwerp, Club Brugge and Standard Liège. (although that last one is a bit of a fallen giant lately tbh)

Anyway, I see chances against Antwerp. It's early season but still they might be already a bit tired. Played in Kosovo last thursday, will play in Norway next thursday... a point would be a great result.

Edited by Pelotas
entered too soon

54 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

According to Polish media, Alexander Buksa (19, ST) will come on on loan from Genoa (Italian Serie B)

His skill video looks ok, but is he the "it will take a bit longer but we'll go for quality" kinda player? I have some serious doubts about him if you look at his play time at Genoa. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

His skill video looks ok, but is he the "it will take a bit longer but we'll go for quality" kinda player? I have some serious doubts about him if you look at his play time at Genoa. 

Just resign Eppiah or Hirst ;) 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Im not sure if the leuven camp heard this, but apparently our thai lad was due to go on loan for the season before he did his ACL

Probably for the best as I dont think he would have made the grade 

We've heard.

Too bad for the lad and I wish him a complete and speedy recovery, but I doubt he would've been good enough to play regular football with us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bonanza said:

One for our development squad

Somehow we seem to focus a lot on players who were "promising" at one point but rarely played anywhere because of injuries and are now out of contract... are our scouts retired physios?

Edited by Phugalu

21 minutes ago, Phugalu said:

Somehow we seem to focus a lot on players who were "promising" at one point but rarely played anywhere because of injuries and are now out of contract... are our scouts retired physios?

It does seem to be a bit of a King Power philosophy..