Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 2022/23

12 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Gareth Bale has retired from football at the age of 33, so now on it will be Golf, Golf, wherever he is!

An interesting career. Perhaps not what every pro might have done but he knew where his bread was buttered and has presumably enjoyed every minute. Fine footballer... when he played! 

Edited by taupe

Not quite sure what I make of Bale. I think he's a bit overrated, largely due to the fact he's British. Looking at the Real Madrid side that was so successful, he was arguably the least important part. Overshadowed by rest of the side, and quite possibly the most replaceable bar Navas.

I think actually, History will judge Bale as the loser in the whole Bale vs Zidane debacle....Bale's decision to retire at 33, his inability to find a new club when Real Madrid didn't want him and his willingness to settle for playing in the MLS at such a young age, tells us there's a large degree of truth to Zidane's criticism of Bale.

The whole Bale vs Giggs debate is daft. It's like comparing R9 to Messi/CR7....Longevity matters. Bale could never have done what Giggs did at Manchester United, but Giggs being in that Real Madrid side wouldn't have been any successful. Decent player, but never World Class. I don't even think he's at the level of the likes of Sadio Mane in all honesty, or even Rooney. In his 18 year career, he was more average than good.

47 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Not quite sure what I make of Bale. I think he's a bit overrated, largely due to the fact he's British. Looking at the Real Madrid side that was so successful, he was arguably the least important part. Overshadowed by rest of the side, and quite possibly the most replaceable bar Navas.

I think actually, History will judge Bale as the loser in the whole Bale vs Zidane debacle....Bale's decision to retire at 33, his inability to find a new club when Real Madrid didn't want him and his willingness to settle for playing in the MLS at such a young age, tells us there's a large degree of truth to Zidane's criticism of Bale.

The whole Bale vs Giggs debate is daft. It's like comparing R9 to Messi/CR7....Longevity matters. Bale could never have done what Giggs did at Manchester United, but Giggs being in that Real Madrid side wouldn't have been any successful. Decent player, but never World Class. I don't even think he's at the level of the likes of Sadio Mane in all honesty, or even Rooney. In his 18 year career, he was more average than good.

33d.gif

On 10/01/2023 at 18:41, FoxyLeon said:

Bale's decision to retire at 33, his inability to find a new club when Real Madrid didn't want him and his willingness to settle for playing in the MLS at such a young age, tells us there's a large degree of truth to Zidane's criticism of Bale.

Would've moved to China in his twenties as well if it wasn't for Madrid asking for a transfer fee last minute. Decent player in his pomp but never got the impression he actually liked football after he became the Welsh Winston Bogarde.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Would've moved to China in his twenties as well if it wasn't for Madrid asking for a transfer fee last minute. Decent player in his pomp but never got the impression he actually liked football after he became the Welsh Winston Bogarde.

disapproving_look.jpg

A pretty cruel story in France. The Caen managers wife passed away and the funeral was arranged for 14th. Caen were due to play Sochaux on Saturday and Sochaux refused to delay the game by 24 hours so the manager could attend his wife’s funeral and the match. 

although it did remind me of this classic 

Edited by Lionator

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Napoli taking Juve apart 

The pace at which Napoli move the ball is fabulous 

Absolutely love watching them. Their energy and aggression is such a tonic when you have to watch Rodgers' Leicester every week.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Just the 1 goal and 2 assists with 20 minutes to go

What do you reckon Napoli could get him for him and Osimhen?

Over 9000.

• Like 1